more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brave call, good luck Felix, board did the right thing...merged

Started by Ordar, February 14, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Matt Inglis on February 14, 2014, 10:37:52 PM
First off, I do acknowledge Meulensteen was not given the time to deploy his big signing. (And that that is unfortunate)
However, I don't think that this should really matter.
Ultimately, I can only thank Meulensteen for completely banishing the horrendous memories of how Fulham played under Jol. In my mind, at least.
However, conceding 33 goals in his 13 games shows that our defensive woes have not been put right at all.
It's a shame really, since when Rene first came in I thought we looked much more structured defensively, but that just hasn't lasted.
If we go on this way then we will go down. For me, there is just no question about it. You simply cannot get away with nearly conceding 3 goals a game in the Premier League.
Therefore, the board have managed to bring in a man who, from what I have read in the last few hours, is famed for his ability to coach teams to be structured in a way that we are not.
The way the club has gone about removing Meulensteen (or have they) from his position is obviously terrible. But on the bright side I am glad we have taken no time bringing in this suitable replacement.

We may still go down, but at least efforts are being made to stop our decline.

I realise the majority of people here will not agree with me, but I guess I just felt I wanted to get my opinion out there.

i do not agree but the points you made are all well put and valid

I happen to think rebne would have been a verty good long term leader of our team and needed more time. Check out roy's stats when he joined, we remained a shambles for ages winning only three of his first 16 games (siomebody says it might be four but i really can't see it)
that team was very poor but had forwards, we have none, that was jol's legacy
the team to old, again jol, rene needed more time
That i think is the alternative point of view, that and the ridiculous timing!

But i agree your points are valid too.

Ordar

When we beat WBA 5-0, I'm sure all will be forgiven

Matt Inglis

Quote from: nose on February 14, 2014, 10:52:24 PM
Quote from: Matt Inglis on February 14, 2014, 10:37:52 PM
First off, I do acknowledge Meulensteen was not given the time to deploy his big signing. (And that that is unfortunate)
However, I don't think that this should really matter.
Ultimately, I can only thank Meulensteen for completely banishing the horrendous memories of how Fulham played under Jol. In my mind, at least.
However, conceding 33 goals in his 13 games shows that our defensive woes have not been put right at all.
It's a shame really, since when Rene first came in I thought we looked much more structured defensively, but that just hasn't lasted.
If we go on this way then we will go down. For me, there is just no question about it. You simply cannot get away with nearly conceding 3 goals a game in the Premier League.
Therefore, the board have managed to bring in a man who, from what I have read in the last few hours, is famed for his ability to coach teams to be structured in a way that we are not.
The way the club has gone about removing Meulensteen (or have they) from his position is obviously terrible. But on the bright side I am glad we have taken no time bringing in this suitable replacement.

We may still go down, but at least efforts are being made to stop our decline.

I realise the majority of people here will not agree with me, but I guess I just felt I wanted to get my opinion out there.

i do not agree but the points you made are all well put and valid

I happen to think rebne would have been a verty good long term leader of our team and needed more time. Check out roy's stats when he joined, we remained a shambles for ages winning only three of his first 16 games (siomebody says it might be four but i really can't see it)
that team was very poor but had forwards, we have none, that was jol's legacy
the team to old, again jol, rene needed more time
That i think is the alternative point of view, that and the ridiculous timing!

But i agree your points are valid too.
It's a terrible situation for me because, as I said elsewhere, the board could be criminalised for sacking Rene if we get relegated now; yet they also presumably would have been criticised - if we were to go down under Rene - for not bringing in someone more experienced.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

crazycottager

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 14, 2014, 09:54:49 PM
Quote from: Highlander on February 14, 2014, 09:52:11 PM
Do tough managers work in Premier League though?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Di_Canio he was an unmitigated disaster. Not sure about this new guy.

Generally very bad press by Fulham. Can see why they tried to bury it on a Friday night. Not working though. Twitter on fire and SSN interview with Rene embarrassing for Fulham. Embarrassing all round. I thought Khan was better than this.

I think you meant "Ali Mac". He's the CEO. He sees to it that Fulham's image is managed properly. Mr. Khan writes the checks.

Yeah at this point, the blame is at mackintosh's door

crazycottager

Quote from: Ordar on February 14, 2014, 10:52:28 PM
When we beat WBA 5-0, I'm sure all will be forgiven

This is fulham, so it will probably be the reverse

ron

We did Wolfsburg a favour by giving them Marlet, perhaps they have returned the favour.......? ?