https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players given 4 days off ??!!!

Started by In the Enclosure, February 16, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Quote from: epsomraver on February 17, 2014, 09:37:54 AM
Quote from: leonffc on February 17, 2014, 08:03:01 AM
They should be doing this, they should be doing that. They should having warm weather training, they should be training in the wind for twenty hours a day to earn their money.

Does anyone on here really know what they should be doing? I don't but I'm sure the sports science team and management around the club have a better idea.

:plus one: Everyone on here is a bleeding expert on training all of a sudden, who REALLY knows that they were told to just go off and swan about for four days? Even out of season they have to follow a strict training and diet regime so what changes in 4 days?Ask Mickey Adams about the benefits of warm weather training!

Some of us are experts on management, motivation, moral, work culture etc. I don't see this as a training issue.  More an issue of approach and direction.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Old Count on February 17, 2014, 09:43:06 AM
They should be doing this, they should be doing that. They should having warm weather training, they should be training in the wind for twenty hours a day to earn their money.

Does anyone on here really know what they should be doing? I don't but I'm sure the sports science team and management around the club have a better idea.

:plus one: Everyone on here is a bleeding expert on training all of a sudden, who REALLY knows that they were told to just go off and swan about for four days? Even out of season they have to follow a strict training and diet regime so what changes in 4 days?Ask Mickey Adams about the benefits of warm weather training!

Some of us are experts on management, motivation, moral, work culture etc. I don't see this as a training issue.  More an issue of approach and direction.

Work culture, like being on a football forum during the working day you mean?

brightster

By the way JAR was on the ski slopes, he posted pictures on Instagram / twitter!

In the Enclosure

It might be your working day but it is not the same for everybody.
Ever heard of half term for teachers ?

Also some of us have experienced what good professional coaching can do to improve us  so you begin to get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

Going on holiday when you have problems in your profession is not normally a good idea when time is short ie the May Deadline

the nutflush

Quote from: brightster on February 17, 2014, 10:03:58 AM
By the way JAR was on the ski slopes, he posted pictures on Instagram / twitter!

That's great.  We badly need another injured left back.  Good on Magath for bringing them all back.  The clubs future is at stake and our players want to go snowboarding.

epsomraver

Quote from: In the Enclosure on February 17, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
It might be your working day but it is not the same for everybody.
Ever heard of half term for teachers ?

Also some of us have experienced what good professional coaching can do to improve us  so you begin to get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

Going on holiday when you have problems in your profession is not normally a good idea when time is short ie the May Deadline

Never stopped the teachers holidays then?

The Old Count

Quote from: epsomraver on February 17, 2014, 09:55:34 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on February 17, 2014, 09:43:06 AM

Work culture, like being on a football forum during the working day you mean?

Ha ha! Nice one.   I don't have 'a working day'.  I'm financially independent.
I attained that because I had an intimate understanding of work culture, management, motivation and the above mentioned practices.

BishopsParkFantastic

With the new players that have come into the squad, you would think there would be a priority to maximise the use of time to enable players and coaching staff to bond and get to know each other. You would have thought it would have made sense if the 4 days had been used constructively for the 1st team squad to go somewhere in a conducive and relaxing environment for in-house team building and light physical training sessions together? Giving players 'four days off' (if this has been the case) and risking injury through accidents (re. skiing!), or fatigue in travel does not make a lot of sense...... but nothing does at present!