https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The new Greek left training ground, also Thunderbirds related

Started by Tooting legend, February 17, 2014, 12:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: JBH on February 17, 2014, 01:12:12 PM
Oops he is now at Heathrow booking into Olympus Airways  :016:

If that's the case, it could be family issues.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on February 17, 2014, 01:14:26 PM
Perhaps Mitroglou is due to play tonight for the U21s?

Well spotted! That makes a lot of sense - playing at Motspur Park Vs Leicester  and Magath can see at what level he's up to. Why didn't he just say: "I'm going home, my friend. PLAYING TONIGHT. The new Manager's very good" That isn't a very long sentence...!

JBH

Quote from: Danitar on February 17, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: JBH on February 17, 2014, 01:12:12 PM
Oops he is now at Heathrow booking into Olympus Airways  :016:

How do you know that

Thats the point "I don't and no one else knows either"  :doh:

JBH

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 17, 2014, 01:21:12 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on February 17, 2014, 01:14:26 PM
Perhaps Mitroglou is due to play tonight for the U21s?

Well spotted! That makes a lot of sense - playing at Motspur Park Vs Leicester  and Magath can see at what level he's up to. Why didn't he just say: "I'm going home, my friend. PLAYING TONIGHT. The new Manager's very good" That isn't a very long sentence...!

Why did someone have to have a logical reason? Thats no fun  065.gif

General

Can anyone translate what is being said in the Vine link posted - I can't hear a thing... even with the sound on and up.

PokerMatt

Quote from: General on February 17, 2014, 01:29:50 PMCan anyone translate what is being said in the Vine link posted - I can't hear a thing... even with the sound on and up.

"I've got to go hooooome, my friend."
Follow me: @mattdjourno

DUKE

Mitro: 'I must go home my friend.
Reporter: How is the new manager?
Mitro: Yeah very good!

Zu-Meister

Quote from: General on February 17, 2014, 01:29:50 PM
Can anyone translate what is being said in the Vine link posted - I can't hear a thing... even with the sound on and up.
''i have to go hom my friend'', what do you think of the new manager? ''very good, i have to go home''.

BishopsParkFantastic

If Mitroglou had been upset and in a 'huff' he would more likely have driven out of the training ground with his car windows down. As it was he spoke, briefly, but pleasantly with a reporter.... As for Curbs - he was in for two and a half hours; time for a meeting, announcing the team for the U-21s tonight and having a team meeting, and then going home, same as Mitroglou - because Curbs may be overseeing the team for tonight (who else is left to do that?).

Who knows? Best bet is probably to ask Billy the Badger .........  he knows a lot about culls!

west kowloon white

He 'll have a long wait for an Olympus(Olympic) flight out of Heathrow.

TonyGilroy

Poor sod's read the message board and done a runner.

Neil D

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 17, 2014, 12:48:06 PM
We tend to read far too much into these things. But when the space is left for rumour then we must fill it.
As Vergil more or less said - 'A rumour gets half way round the world before the truth has got its boots on.'

Neil D

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 17, 2014, 01:21:12 PM
Well spotted! That makes a lot of sense - playing at Motspur Park Vs Leicester  and Magath can see at what level he's up to.
If Maggot is the fitness fiend he is reputed to be then Mitrogol won't get a look in on Saturday.

LillieBoy

" As Vergil more or less said - 'A rumour gets half way round the world before the truth has got its boots on.' "

Thought it was Mark Twain  092.gif

Neil D

Well, Vergil is the original source for all subsequent renderings of this when he wrote: 'Fama, malum qua non aliud velocius alium' [Rumour, than whom no other evil thing is faster]. 

LillieBoy

Show off!  :54:

Pity you can't spell Virgil though.  :dft011:

Neil D

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 17, 2014, 02:41:40 PM
Show off!  :54:

Good spot!  I must have been thinking of the one in the Thunderbirds -  an understandable error...

LillieBoy

Quote from: Neil D on February 17, 2014, 02:48:42 PM

Good spot!  I must have been thinking of the one in the Thunderbirds -  an understandable error...

Wiki says it's optional from his Roman name Publius Vergilius Maro. Thunderbird puppet Tracy was named after Virgil [also with an i] Ivan Grissom, known as Gus, .

Who'd have thought the second American in space was called Ivan!

Big off-topic digresssion.  No Greeks here....

Neil D

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 17, 2014, 03:02:34 PM
Quote from: Neil D on February 17, 2014, 02:48:42 PM

Wiki says it's optional from his Roman name Publius Vergilius Maro. Thunderbird puppet Tracy was named after Virgil [also with an i] Ivan Grissom, known as Gus, .

Damn!  All these years I've lived with a lie.

Lighthouse

I miss Thinderbirds

Sorry I mean Thunderbirds. Blimmin Vigil verging on the verge of Virgil
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope