News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone going to the US MNT match tonight in CT?

Started by FFCOutpostCommander, May 25, 2010, 04:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCOutpostCommander

My son and future daughter in law have invited me up for the match. Really excited to see Clint play live again as it's been many years since the last time I saw him here on the east coast. Will be good to see Carlos again too as I've missed seeing him in the FFC team. Great man, good player. Only down side is that Cech will probably be in goal for the Czech Republic. Funny how the dark side follows you where ever you go.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Tom

I'm jealous you get to go and I don't. I am on the wrong coast to go tonight. I don't think you will be seeing Clint play tonight. That is just a hunch I have. I think you will see more of the fringe players play to see who makes the team. For your sake, I hope I am wrong and Clint does play. I would like to see our first team run out and start to mesh with each other.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Nope. Gonna watch it on DVR when I get back from choir practice tonight. I'll get to fast-forward through Harkes at pregame and half-time anyhow.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFCOutpostCommander

Well Tom you were right. Clint, Carlos, Landon and most of the regular starters didn't even dress tonight. EJ did start and was some what invisible. I would hate to be the coach that had to pick through that group. No one really shined and in truth I didn't see any real talent showing on the night. The biggest shame is I've seen a few players recently that looked much better but we all know that it takes some extra luck to be given a chance to play for your country. Same goes for a few of our FFC lads. I still think that they would show better than some of the picks that were made in the end but in a few weeks we'll all know whether they got it right or not.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

YankeeJim

I, for one, am glad that I did not go, The telly was painful enough.

Two goods things though, Eddie Johnson & Heath Pierce will NOT be going to SA. Heath will back on the bench in Dallas and EJ will take over the car park at Home Depot Center.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 26, 2010, 11:10:36 PM
I, for one, am glad that I did not go, The telly was painful enough.

Two goods things though, Eddie Johnson & Heath Pierce will NOT be going to SA. Heath will back on the bench in Dallas and EJ will take over the car park at Home Depot Center.

Damn, YJ; hate the player AND the game.  :005:

Tom

The telly was painful enough.

Now this is the truth!!!
Fulham for life!

finnster01

... and EJ will take over the car park at Home Depot Center.
Mr Jim,

Parking actually needs a certain degree of skill so not sure that he will last long at the Home Depot Center.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on May 26, 2010, 11:20:34 PM
... and EJ will take over the car park at Home Depot Center.
Mr Jim,

Parking actually needs a certain degree of skill so not sure that he will last long at the Home Depot Center.

LOL!!!  :011: :011: :011:
Fulham for life!

YankeeJim

You do know Eddie's momma would be upset by that.

It all comes downes to his debut. He pops in with a hat trick and a nation starved for a striker since McGod got old was agast. Too bad that was the end of it. I will say that if Charlie hadn't been hurt it would have been wonderful to see him blow by the chelscum guy and the manure guy for a brace in a 2 nil US win. Well, I can dream can't I?

Strike me down but I fear this lot we are sending to SA are three and out. Perhaps we can send Kobi and he can bag a few three pointers to keep us in the matches.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 27, 2010, 03:50:28 AM

It all comes downes to his debut. He pops in with a hat trick and a nation starved for a striker since McGod got old was agast. Too bad that was the end of it. I will say that if Charlie hadn't been hurt it would have been wonderful to see him blow by the chelscum guy and the manure guy for a brace in a 2 nil US win. Well, I can dream can't I?

Strike me down but I fear this lot we are sending to SA are three and out. Perhaps we can send Kobi and he can bag a few three pointers to keep us in the matches.
Eddie looked lost and clueless on the pitch last night!
Fulham for life!

mhatc

Quote from: Tom on May 27, 2010, 04:19:22 AM

Eddie looked lost and clueless on the pitch last night!
He always looks like that. Anyone else going to Philly this weekend? I'm heading down Saturday morning.

AmericanJames

You can't be serious, besides the defense, who may surprise us ( they did shut down a favorite in Spain last yr) the mid is solid, and the strikers have massive potential. On top of that we are playing Algeria and Slovenia ( not exactly the 06 group of death Italy, Ghana, and Czech)  should be atleast 6 pts ,so to say  we're going 3 and out makes you sound a bit depressing and reminds me of the FFC fans who didnt want to play in the Europa League
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

clintclintdeuce

A strong tounge lashing from James the American there  :dft008:

I think the team is strong. Herculez Gomez will have a positive affect at some point in the tournament.... and I strongly believe that this tournament will be at least 5 games for us.

I find it quite hard to believe that anyone would not have us favored to go through the group stage, and not heavy favorites against Slovenia and Algeria.

Also, I believe this is the deepest and strongest team weve ever sent to the world cup in our history. There are no eddie popes, no claudio reynas, no mastroenis, no conveys, no eddie lewiss in this roster. We have upgraded in every one of those positions, and the players that are still on the roster from 2006 have all become much better players like clint, donovan, howard, and boca.
The Dude abides.

finnster01

Tom,

Don't forget that outside of Argentina and Maradona you possibly have the stupidest head coach in the tournament.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

Thats halarious Finn. Surely Domenech is more dense than our Mr Bradley.... but Bradley could quite possibly be in the top 5 idiot coaches in this tournament.... only time will tell how thick he really is!

You would have to agree that the US coaching staff is getting less and less daft as each cycle goes by though.

Bradley 1 star donkey
Arena 15 star donkey
Sampson 7 star donkey
Bora 3 Star donkey

who will be next.........
The Dude abides.

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on May 27, 2010, 11:49:32 PM
Tom,

Don't forget that outside of Argentina and Maradona you possibly have the stupidest head coach in the tournament.

Why would you say that finnster? I wouldn't go that far. He isn't one of the best but he isn't the worst either. I would say that he is ok.
Fulham for life!

Logicalman

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on May 27, 2010, 09:03:16 PM

I find it quite hard to believe that anyone would not have us favored to go through the group stage, and not heavy favorites against Slovenia and Algeria.

The US team might well get thru, but unless they can overcome England in the opener, then they are likely only looking at 2nd place, and group D has Germany, Australia, Serbia and Ghana, with the former two as likely candidates, and Germany as #1, meaning that's who the US team will meet in the next round. Are they good enough to beat Germany is the question we should look at.

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on May 28, 2010, 05:02:39 AM
Tom,

Why would you say that finnster? I wouldn't go that far. He isn't one of the best but he isn't the worst either. I would say that he is ok.

He's just trying out a new club, Tom. The one he's been using to bash Eddie Johnson for two years is a little ragged.

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on May 28, 2010, 02:28:40 PM
Quote from: Tom on May 28, 2010, 05:02:39 AM
Tom,

He's just trying out a new club, Tom. The one he's been using to bash Eddie Johnson for two years is a little ragged.
lol, gotcha Don. Thank God Johnson did not make the final roster!
Fulham for life!