watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from West Brom

Started by terryr, February 21, 2014, 05:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

"Ah, that feeling of deja vu. It's happened twice now; Pepe Mel encourages a fighting performance from the team and a "good point" at home against tough opposition, and we all get our hopes up, only to have them dashed when we contrive to utterly collapse in the following game.
Chelsea was another great night and another great point, but only if we can build on it. Talk, speculation, statistics, training camps in Spain; they're all irrelevant come Saturday. Win, and we give ourselves a springboard for survival. Fail to win, and we have to honestly ask whether there are three teams worse than us. It's judgement day in B71."

".....I appreciate we've not won for many a long year, but the bottom half of the table is just SO close I, for one, won't be falling on my sword just yet if we don't win.
However, I think we will; we were all saying what a strong squad we had at the start of the year, and it's basically the same now - better maybe if you consider how Saido has progressed since then, and a straight swap with Long out, Theivy in.
This is when the Coach and players have to perform and there are no excuses....who's the referee?? Whistling
Think we'll do it by sheer willpower and support "

" The players need to show the same fight they had against Chelsea and Liverpool. Chase ever man not in blue and white with ball, bust a gut to get back and refuse to have the Steve Clarke midfiel game of defending by standing off and adopting the 'lets wait and see what happens, then react 5 seconds later" approach. I can forgive a liss through quality or even a mistake but I can not and wont forgive a lack of effort.
They owe every fan who has bought a season ticket, match ticket or even a rubber duck from the extortionate club shop to pay their wages that much."

"  Wow, what a result a win would be this weekend. Forget beating Man U, THIS is when it gets important.
Good chance of seeing a change in personnel, as we see if the Spanish boot camp has given Pepe any new ideas, and injuries return.
Havent seen any reports regarding who is fit , and who's not, so would hope to see something like:
Foster
Jones GMac Olly Ridgewell
Sess Mulumbu Mozza Brunt
Anichebe Thievy
Subs Myhill Dawson Popov Berahino Yac Amalfitano Vydra.
Desperate for a win, and think we will get one, so 3-1 after a shared 1-1 half time.
Dont think we need 2 Def M/F, but will need to watch Bent in the air, and flick ons, seem to have been our Achilles heel past couple of games."

" Many years ago I decided to watch our Reserves play Bradford at the Hawthorns.7.00pm Tuesday night kick off.At 7 there was no sign of the Players and we were informed that kick off would be delayed due to the Bradford Team being held up on the motorway due to a pile up.Their players eventually started to emerge from the tunnel for a brief warm up."This is good" I thought,confident that their match preparations,or rather lack of,would result in an easy win for the Baggies.We lost! Doh!
And so to the Fulham game.Whilst we took our squad to Spain for extra training time,allowing them to understand Mel's tactics a little more,Fulham decided to sack their Manager,Coach and Director of Football,just a few weeks from sacking their last Manager.Not only that but they appoint some wide eyed,manic German to lead them away from the threat of relegation.So,which Team has got their preparations right for this game?................"

" If there ever was a 3 pointer I think it is this game.
Fingers crossed they start the game how they end games and going for 3-1 baggies"

" A win for the baggies, if not we're f***ed
WBA 2 FULHAM 1 "

" WBA 1 Fulham 2
We're F*cked"

" We just don't win 6 pointers ..or many others to be honest!
Baggies 1 One F in Fulham 2 :blue: :blue:
That 11 million pound souvlaki bloke with the winner. "

"BAGGIES 3 -  1 Flukham"

" It makes me sick to the stomach to even think what the scoreline will be, 2-0 to Fulham. :blue: :blue: As said we never do 6 pointers and they have a new manager.. new manager syndrome.
Please please I hope I am wrong. COYB "

"  I looked ahead on STATS GALORE. ^^^^^^ for ON THIS DAY, and for Feb22nd we have failed to win any of the last 9 games. :blue: ( 2 draws) 7 of the 9 had been away.
The last time we played OTD was 2009...losing 2-0 at.. FULHAM. :(
My vibes just got worse. :blue:   "

"Magath says it's fulham's biggest game ever...
It not saying alot really as they've won foook all, but this new guy says it's there biggest game in their 125 year history.
Let's hope we can win and ensure they lose the biggest game in their history!
Whilst in his pre game press conference Pepe said we are his kids and he's the dad.
Let's hope "dad" does the business!
COYB!!!!!!!! "

"Had a look on the ticket purchase section of the club site and there are just a few seats, dotted around.
Should sell out"

" Looks like Fulham are bringing nearly 2,000! About 1500 more than usual. Must be a big game"

Fulham in chaos and sack Rene

"...and appoint Felix Magath, German manager, hardliner by reputation.

It will all end in tears [;)]"

" Probably will. Just hope that they don't get a short term boost when they play us"

" I bet Martin Jol is laughing his head off."

" Hopefully Magath will want to play a different system to that used against Man Utd and Liverpool so that should confuse the Fulham players so much that we can get 3 points with a resounding win."

" I'm not sure we can survive if we lose or even draw tomorrow. Fulham are not to be dismissed. The new manager and  a new attitude might give us trouble.I hear the greek they signed is blinding but I don't know anything about him"

" their £12million Greek isn't fit so he wont play us tomorrow. Imagine paying that much money for someone who cant play....and you do it in the January window..... and you're in a relegation fight?? No wonder they sacked the Dutchman"

Not a lot of stuff I know but I couldn't get into the main forums which seem to block outsiders now.....
049:gif
Terry

Blanco

" their £12million Greek isn't fit so he wont play us tomorrow. Imagine paying that much money for someone who cant play....and you do it in the January window..... and you're in a relegation fight?? No wonder they sacked the Dutchman"

Exactly what I was saying to my old man today.

Berserker

They are probably right about the greek
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: West Brom Fan
Dont think we need 2 Def M/F, but will need to watch Bent in the air, and flick ons, seem to have been our Achilles heel past couple of games.

Don't think this guy has seen much of Bent this year!

Admin

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 21, 2014, 06:55:25 PM
Quote from: West Brom Fan
Dont think we need 2 Def M/F, but will need to watch Bent in the air, and flick ons, seem to have been our Achilles heel past couple of games.

Don't think this guy has seen much of Bent this year!

West Brom are very much like us. They most likely have their own version of 'Fulhamish', maybe 'West Bromish' or something like that. As poor as Bent has as been for us, he's most likely to score against them if he is their Achilles heel. They're that kind of team.