watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou

Started by The Swan, February 23, 2014, 10:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

We desperately need a striker. I suspect that was behind the Dempsey move. When that failed what was the best available. they took a chance on Deuce and they took a chance on Mitroglou and they took a chance on Felix.

Third time is the charm? I should have posted this on the grasping at straws thread.   
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RaySmith

But Mitro isn't seriously injured or unfit is he?

Though it's always a gamble to bring someone in new  to the Prem, when there's no time to adjust.

I remember Ruiz's first game - he was completely lost, and he never did adjust really. But Mitro is a strong bloke, and I think he will prosper in the Prem, but he will at least need a couple of games to get up to speed.

RidgeRider

with Mitro's goal record, and with the belief we won't be relegated, he was a buy with an eye for the future and they likely believed he would be there for the last 8-10 matches if they knew he was injured, which they obviously did (likely why things bragged on those last couple of days). Even if we get relegated, he could be loaned out easily or sold for a good transfer fee with the length of his contract.

I would also assume, but could be wrong, he may have been the best option available given all of those considerations....short term, med term, long term, and financially. Young strikers with his goal record are what most teams are in constant need.

Snibbo

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 25, 2014, 01:53:26 AM
.... with the belief we won't be relegated.....

but that's my point. Why would we have been confident we won't be relegated? We got rid of Berba. We needed an immediate replacement, not a promising prospect for next season.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Snibbo on February 25, 2014, 03:50:39 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on February 25, 2014, 01:53:26 AM
.... with the belief we won't be relegated.....

but that's my point. Why would we have been confident we won't be relegated? We got rid of Berba. We needed an immediate replacement, not a promising prospect for next season.

that part I don't know. Based on reports, Rene had resolved himself to relegation, this may or may not have been true and might have added to the reasons to sack him. If they knew Magath was coming in before the window closed, perhaps they felt we needed this player  for now and the future, or perhaps they didn't fully understand the extent of his injury or how long it would take to recover. He may still help keep us up, but your point does make you wonder what they were thinking.

pH7

Today Mitroglou will watch from TV the big game of his former team. And Saviola will be out too, due to injury  :016:.
Yet, we hope for an intense game and a victory (I know it's very difficult but anything is possible)

Hopefully all Fulham fans will mentally support Olympiacos  :021:

PokerMatt

Quote from: pH7 on February 25, 2014, 04:16:58 PM
Today Mitroglou will watch from TV the big game of his former team. And Saviola will be out too, due to injury  :016:.
Yet, we hope for an intense game and a victory (I know it's very difficult but anything is possible)

It's not that difficult to get a result against United...

One thing's for sure, Moyes will be in big trouble if you do get one. So here's hoping.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

RaySmith

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 25, 2014, 04:19:48 PM
Quote from: pH7 on February 25, 2014, 04:16:58 PM

It's not that difficult to get a result against United...

One thing's for sure, Moyes will be in big trouble if you do get one. So here's hoping.

Well done so far Olymliacos, you're outplaying MU - I hope you go on and win.
082.gif

Baszab

I support all English teams in Europe - even if there are zero English players playing - even Chelsea !

Mitroglol

Damn it, we miss you so much atm mitroglou!
You could handle these tough cb's jsut fine, Q_Q.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Mitroglol on February 25, 2014, 08:42:44 PM
Damn it, we miss you so much atm mitroglou!
You could handle these tough cb's jsut fine, Q_Q.

I reckon I could handle Rio these days.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

win-dup

hope he's better than Darren 'oops just missed another open goal' Bent and Hugo 'goalless' Rodallega but got a horrible feeling he isn't.

SP

Julius Geezer

Arsenal player scores lol.

Julius Geezer

Smalling is having a mare.

Always knew he was over rated!

General

Quote from: Admin on February 23, 2014, 11:06:18 PM
Quote from: Mitroglol on February 23, 2014, 10:52:35 PM
What exactly did you expect him to do with all 4 touches he had with the ball. Since it seems your team didn't want to cross the dreaded midfield line for some reason... or mby they couldn't.
Also I don't know if you have watched any fulham games but I wouldn't count on the whites scoring late winners anytime soon.
You paid 12m quid, for a guy that if he'd stayed to play CL knock outs with olympiacos and then the World Cup, a BPL bottom team wouldn't even dream of getting.

Frankly, some of you guys are just poor supporters, no other way to put it.
Anyway, I won't respond to other threads like this, don't want to seem like his apologist.

As much as you're welcome on here, please don't go around branding members as 'poor' supporters just because Mitrogolou has picked up a bit of criticism. People have opinions, they are entitled to them, but that doesn't make them poor fans by any stretch. If you're a real fan of Mitrogolou, try to defend his corner, put across your opinion, and put those right by being constructive, not insulting. Comparing your teams fortunes to Fulham's won't win you any fans either. 12 million quid or not, your boy Mitrogolou has a much bigger challenge trying to keep Fulham in the Premiership, rather than trying to keep Olympiacos afloat in the CL knock out stages.

Sorry Admin, i think telling him not to say people are poor supporters is taking it a bit far. He is entitled to his opinion... Recently i have noticed an incline in stricter and quite overbearing regulation by the Mods and i know I'm not on my own. I do not mind being called a poor supporter if i am, and appreciate the honesty and difference in opinion. Sometimes it is easy to think that because you care more, or think you do that you have all the answers and can't have your judgement questioned when it needs/should be. He hasn't offended me and I'm sure the amount who you are trying to protect are in the vast minority. These things need to be taken into consideration.

He has a point, the guy played a little amount of a game and had little of the ball, those criticising him are being unfair to the guy and are just looking for a scapegoat. Our team was bad against west brom and the service was poor, full stop. It's time the board was allowed to say things as it is and put the blame where it lies and not on players who have hardly had an opportunity to show what they are capable. It is starting to get ridiculous the amount of regulating going on with this site. Perhaps it is time some fresh mods were brought in to shake things up and some of the old ones stepped down. It is normal to have fresh blood in any type of organisation, and it is clear this is the case with this messageboard too.

RaySmith

Olymliakos are a quality side, with a great attitude. A well deserved win.

Mitroglol

I see most people focus on that and it's my fault for not clarifying.
I didn't question the man's loyalty by calling him a poor supporter, he may as well bleed white instead of red.
Just wanted to say how uncalled for and poor his critique was.

And thanks for tonight's graceful comments guys, appreciate it, )).

Jem

Quote from: Mitroglol on February 25, 2014, 10:02:48 PM
I didn't question the man's loyalty by calling him a poor supporter, he may as well bleed white instead of red.

I for one appreciate your different slant on Mitroglou. I may not always agree with you but I accept that you know the player better than I do. I want nothing more than him to succeed at Fulham. Keep on posting!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

LillieBoy

Quote from: Mitroglol on February 25, 2014, 10:02:48 PM

Don't worry , I think all Fulham fans are desperately unhappy at the moment. 

Including [and specially] the mods.