watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship 2013/2014 Season Ticket Prices

Started by Blanco, March 11, 2014, 01:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

I found this website with a list of season ticket prices of every Championship side. They are more expensive than I thought they'd be.  The average is £414. That works out at £18 per game.

http://www.pricingplaybook.co.uk/sport/championship-season-ticket-prices-20132014-update-and-analysis/

SouthfieldWhite

Not sure what school you went to but it works out £18 a game  ;-)

Think you've added the away games into that but you would  not get away games aswell for 414.

Think ours will stay roughly the same as although not watching Prem teams, you'll get more games for your money

MJG

I had a look yesterday back to 2008 to see what the club did then.
They waited until after the Portsmouth game to publish any costs.
I suspect IF we are down before the Palace game your see the prices come out for that game.

Blanco

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 11, 2014, 05:38:24 AM
Not sure what school you went to but it works out £18 a game  ;-)

Think you've added the away games into that but you would get away games aswell for 414.

Think ours will stay roughly the same as although not watching Prem teams, you'll get more games for your money

:doh: You're right. I added the away games.

Haynes

Quote from: Blanco on March 11, 2014, 08:01:17 AM

Think you've added the away games into that but you would get away games aswell for 414.

I'm lost, 23 games @ £18 = £414, so where's the mistake?

Haynes

Quote from: Haynes on March 11, 2014, 08:21:57 AM
Quote from: Blanco on March 11, 2014, 08:01:17 AM

I'm lost, 23 games @ £18 = £414, so where's the mistake?

Which is what Blanco said in the first place! :023:

Blanco

madffc

Surely anything over £20 a match for a championship game would be a rip off!
I really do hope the club drops the prices after this disaster of a season..

Southdowns White

My friends at Bighton pay £615 and £720, the childrens tickets are £145 or £195. They have a large catchment area their nearest rivals Pompey and Palace or Crawley Town, our situation is very different with so many other teams in west London and London in general.

SouthfieldWhite

I'm expecting season ticket prices to stay roughly the same, match day prices per game will drop of course.

If you go to conference levelor even league 2 , you'll be lucky to get in for less than £20.

They have to pitch it right otherwise our attendances could drop by alot.

I'd still expect the club to do some good deals like kids for a quid for some games.

To be fair our s/t prices haven't gone up much these last 5 or so years

SKSW6

There was an interesting post about this on the new CC messageboard. They said if prices do stay the same (and us in H5 are currently paying close to £30 per match), what would be the point in getting a season ticket? Tickets next season, presumably, will be around £30 on average. Attendances will drop so there's no real demand for tickets, you'll be able to choose your seat on a game-by-game basis without a ST, there's all of the deals the club will do such as mates or a fiver, then there will be no £50 matches like there are this season. It may well be more cost-effective, and definitely more flexible, not to get a season ticket. Hopefully the club bear this in mind when it comes to setting prices.

SG

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 11, 2014, 08:48:28 AM
I'm expecting season ticket prices to stay roughly the same, match day prices per game will drop of course.

If you go to conference levelor even league 2 , you'll be lucky to get in for less than £20.

They have to pitch it right otherwise our attendances could drop by alot.

I'd still expect the club to do some good deals like kids for a quid for some games.

To be fair our s/t prices haven't gone up much these last 5 or so years

They have gone up in the Riverside every season by about 10% per year. The early bird price of season 2 is equivalent to the standard price for season 1 which had been higher than the early bird price for season 1 and so on. In that way there has been a steady increase in every year for as long as I can remember. I suspect they will have to reverse that trend this year.

Alternative

It will be a buyers market. The club might do well to introduce ticket bundles with low prices and give concession prices to those aged over 60 rather than 65.

Either way, the club will definitely not have as much income from tickets as they do in the Premier League.

Wimbledon_White

I reckon irrespective of price we'll barely sell 10,000 season tickets.
Home matches against the less glamorous teams could be like our recent FA Cup games vs Norwich and Sheff Utd.

Riversider

As I've stated before , it's time for Khan to take some short term pain for some long term gain, otherwise all the good work of the last 10 years will be rapidly undone , so here's what I suggest
Hammersmith End £250
Johnny Haynes and Riverside (with two exceptions) £300
Block E and Block W £500
This would be a big and bold move , but it still equates to less than one months salary for Darren Bent !!!!
We already offer £10 games in The Premiership so the discount schemes in The Championship (QPR games are £14 via Groupon) so as others have said there isn't any real need for a season ticket unless the Club make us a great offer that we can't turn down .

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Riversider on March 11, 2014, 04:35:08 PM
As I've stated before , it's time for Khan to take some short term pain for some long term gain, otherwise all the good work of the last 10 years will be rapidly undone , so here's what I suggest
Hammersmith End £250
Block E and Block W £500
This would be a big and bold move , but it still equates to less than one months salary for Darren Bent !!!!
We already offer £10 games in The Premiership so the discount schemes in The Championship (QPR games are £14 via Groupon) so as others have said there isn't any real need for a season ticket unless the Club make us a great offer that we can't turn down .

At £250 for the Hammersmith they'd sell loads I reckon. I'd happily pay that for a full season. I'm moving my seat higher up next season, Far too quiet at the front of H4, I wanna be higher up with the noise :D
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Riversider

That's the idea, we must find a way of retaining the support that we've steadily built up, QPR and Brentford are looking as though they might be promoted, and it's sad to say that a lot of fans are very, very fickle and change clubs like I change socks
We must retain as many as possible.

Alternative

Quote from: Riversider on March 11, 2014, 04:35:08 PM
Hammersmith End £250
Block E and Block W £500

Dream on. Prices will need to be lower but they will not undercut other football league clubs around us.

Look at what Brentford prices are in league one.