News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Definitely NFR: How long till we only get 3 CL places?

Started by LillieBoy, February 25, 2014, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LillieBoy

The way things are going is it possible that the English Premier League will only get 3 places in the Champs League?

Only really interested technically.  I mean should I be supporting "English" so-called teams in this competittion?   But I can't stand them!   :dft007:

I know it's based on "co-efficients" or whatever.

Anyone know what it takes to lose that 4th place?

PokerMatt

It would take a massive improvement from Serie A.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

Basically club performances in Europe are taken into account across the previous four years, so it will take consistently bad or consistently good (Germany) performances to go down or up the rankings.

Germany will probably go above us, but I can't see Italy for a long while, especially as their best season is about to drop off the consideration. We need to go down to fourth to lose a CL spot.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Pluto

A long time considering Italy and France only have one team in the last 16 and we have 4 (3 leagues get 4 places). As you can see here we have a comfortable lead and actually scored the most points last season: http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

Edit: I see Matt beat me to that link!  :doh:

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LillieBoy

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 25, 2014, 08:28:14 PM

Basically club performances in Europe are taken into account across the previous four years, so it will take consistently bad or consistently good (Germany) performances to go down or up the rankings.

Germany will probably go above us, but I can't see Italy for a long while, especially as their best season is about to drop off the consideration. We need to go down to fourth to lose a CL spot.

Thanks Matt.

We only got the 4th place a few years ago so was that from Italy?

[I'm a 7-card-stud man myself. Bloody hard to get a game these days.  It's all tourneys].

PokerMatt

LillieBoy

Quote from: HatterDon on February 25, 2014, 08:34:44 PM
Who exactly is "we?"

Teams representing the English Premier League whoever owns or plays for them.

Stop it you naughty boy.   :HD:
:dead horse:

PokerMatt

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 25, 2014, 08:35:24 PM

Thanks Matt.

[I'm a 7-card-stud man myself. Bloody hard to get a game these days.  It's all tourneys].

We've been in the top two for a long time - it was Germany who recently got the extra spot by taking over Serie A. Premier League was overtaken by Spain (well, Barca) a couple of years ago but it has been at the top for a lot of years.

I think the addition of the fourth CL place (if that's what you mean?) was a decision to allow more in overall and not to do with the PL's performance overall.

[Have you tried online? It is hard to get anything other than Hold-em or Omaha, but that's fine for me as those are the main ones I play.]

Fernhurst

Yeah but, yeah but..... How long before Internationals turn into Premiership games?

This lad Adan Januzaj from Man U could possibly qualify for 4 different countries.
Go figure.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

LillieBoy

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 25, 2014, 08:40:34 PM

Thanks Matt.

We've been in the top two for a long time - it was Germany who recently got the extra spot by taking over Serie A. Premier League was overtaken by Spain (well, Barca) a couple of years ago but it has been at the top for a lot of years.

I think the addition of the fourth CL place (if that's what you mean?) was a decision to allow more in overall and not to do with the PL's performance overall.

[Have you tried online? It is hard to get anything other than Hold-em or Omaha, but that's fine for me as those are the main ones I play.]

I remember when the EPL got the fourth place not that long ago.  7 or 8 years?  Please confirm!!

[I don't play online - it's completely different.  I play cards.  I don't gamble]. 

PokerMatt

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 25, 2014, 08:52:58 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on February 25, 2014, 08:40:34 PM

Thanks Matt.

I remember when the EPL got the fourth place not that long ago.  7 or 8 years?  Please confirm!!

[I don't play online - it's completely different.  I play cards.  I don't gamble]. 

I really can't remember I'm afraid. I feel it might have been longer than that, though, because wasn't it 2005 Liverpool finished fifth but bumped Everton out because they won the thing?

LillieBoy

Blimey, as if on cue Manure go 2-0 down!

Hurrah!!  :022:

Wingnut

Man City, Arsenal and Man United are as good as out and they have all been well beaten in their games. A poor show so far from the PL team.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FPT

What annoys me, is when we dominated Europe (must have been 4/5 years when we had 3 semi finalists in the Champions League) we didn't get an extra Champions League or Europa League spot... Oh well.