watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

lillie whites?.

Started by mungos beans, February 27, 2014, 08:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mungos beans

A mate put on Facebook earlier posted off to white hart lane to see the lillie whites I thought we was the lillie whites.

Julius Geezer

LillieBoy

Quote from: mungos beans on February 27, 2014, 08:35:14 PM
A mate put on Facebook earlier posted off to white hart lane to see the lillie whites I thought we was the lillie whites.

OI!  They're the Lilywhites.

Behave!!!   :dft007:

Is this open to discussion....?

Jamie88

This is weird, only a few seconds before seeing this post I was having the same argument with my brother!

Fernhurst

During my growing up years... 50's early 60's all my family,both close and extended referred to us as The Lillie Whites.
It would be interesting to research when exactly we were lumbered with the faintly perverted moniker of The Cottagers.

To my family we will always be The Lillie Whites

It would be great to have a chorus of "Come on you Lillies"
Sod Spurs
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ron

They steal most of our talented players, so they might as well nick (a version of) one of our nicknames as well.

Ged

Fulham Spurs and Preston are known as the lilywhites as Brentford and Barnet are the Bees or Oldham and Wigan are the Latics

Fernhurst

Quote from: Ged on February 27, 2014, 11:00:15 PM
Fulham Spurs and Preston are known as the lilywhites as Brentford and Barnet are the Bees or Oldham and Wigan are the Latics

But every publication you pick up (including some official Fulham stuff) refer to us as The Cottagers.....???
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Ged

As totenham are the spurs or the yids you can have more than one nickname Liverpool are known as the reds or the pool man utd as united or the red devils