watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Either way

Started by FPT, March 02, 2014, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Whether we go down, or stay up, this squad needs rebuilding and investing.

At the end of the season, no matter what division we are in, these players have to go:

John Arne Riise - Big earner and aged.
Elsad Zverotic - Awful.
Fernando Amorebieta - Has struggled to settle in England, can see why there's dislike, but it's harsh (assume these people don't watch La Liga)
Giorgos Karagounis - An absolute hero, and quality on the ball, but has aged.
Damien Duff - Not sure why he got an extension last year, has aged, and probably a big earner.
Derek Boateng - I liked the look of him, despite his technical problems, he done a job, perhaps too chaotic for England.
Bryan Ruiz - The way he was treated means there is no coming back.

Plus Darren Bent and Lewis Holtby leaving on loan deals, also, if we go down, you can add Maarten Stekelenburg, Johnny Heitinga, William Kvist and Konstantinos Mitroglou.

I think a minimum of 9 players leaving at the end of the year, and a possibility of it going up to maybe 16.

We're going to have spend a bunch of cash on younger, hungrier and more energetic players, though whilst their price tag is higher than we are use to, their wages will be cheaper.

Areas of need:

Left back - Kieran Richardson is not one, and John Arne Riise has to leave.

Central defence - In reality, the personnel is not poor, Brede Hangeland, Dan Burn and Johnny Heitinga are all good centre backs, but we need that superstar centre back. Okay, maybe that's extreme, but look at Southampton and Dejan Lovren, someone who has not just defensive ability but leadership and organisation. (I know some will say Burn, and I agree, but someone in an upper age bracket).

Central midfield - Whether we go down or not, investment is needed here. A puzzle isn't complete without the missing cog. We need technique in the middle of the park, not creativity. Someone who can run the play, not make the play.

WINGERS - As a football coach, enthusiast and lover, I simply adore width; I love wingers that will attack their full back and get crosses into the box. Alex Kacaniklic could be that player, but looks absolutely shot. He doesn't attack the full back, and his crossing is poor (on a separate note, I think he should be loaned out to regain confidence).

[if we go down, above, but add a right back and a striker]