more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today couldn't have gone any worse

Started by BedsFFC, March 01, 2014, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: epsomraver on March 02, 2014, 11:47:41 AM
Quote  "But why would you play a player who is now off back to the States - unless it was a Messi who could win the game on his own. Selecting Dempsey really was a baffling decision"
Totally agree, perhaps our American owner wanted it? no other logical explanation really. One of Magath's more bizzare statements is that the experienced players make fewer mistakes, WRONG,  all player make mistakes our younger players seem to make less than some of the elder statesman

In fairness to Felix, no one that has been put up top has done squat. Maybe this was just simply a straw to grasp at. We don't have a decent attacker and haven't had one since Berbatov got his panties in a wad.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Why not play pace up the middle with Rodders and Holtby. Aganst WBA it looked ok for the short time they played together. Changing it for Bent and Dempsey made no sense on any level.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Aaron

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 02, 2014, 05:43:32 PM
Why not play pace up the middle with Rodders and Holtby. Aganst WBA it looked ok for the short time they played together. Changing it for Bent and Dempsey made no sense on any level.

Exactly this.  It's like something from "Spinal Tap" or "Mike Bassett: England Manager" but actually happening in reality.  While I'm not suggesting this is the case for one second, if I was in charge and actually a closet QPR fan who wanted to see the club fall on their arse, this is the change I would have made.

It defies belief.

Twig

Quote from: SG on March 02, 2014, 09:18:11 AM
We are going down for a multitude of reasons. It started with failing to invest after finishing 7th and the Europa final and then losing Roy. We regressed further with the failure to invest when that team aged under Hughes but still came a creditable 8th. Jol came in and the first season was more of the same with little investment but again our league position masked some of the obvious team weaknesses. I think the club became complacent and believed that they were established in the PL. Then we lost the 2 Ds which ripped the heart out of the team and they were never adequately replaced. Last season it was obvious to most that Jol's team had lost it and the results and more importantly the performances in that second half of the season should have seen him sacked in the close season. I can only assume that he wasn't because with the change of ownership they wanted some continuity. Jol should have gone and a new manager brought in for the start of the season. Whether he would have done better with loan signings and ageing players is something we can debate all day. I just don't know. Nor do I know whether Rene would have kept us up but there were some diabolical performance under him. We now have Magath and we are not really in a position to comment with just 2 games gone. BUT for the life of me when I heard Dempsey in the team in place of Holtby I did wonder what games/training sessions he is watching. The only comment I can make is based on 90 minutes yesterday and that was like watching Jol's team earlier in the season. Clueless for much of the time, chasing the opposition and just huff and puff in attack with little threat on their goal, although reluctantly we have to accept that this was the League leaders.
It really is sad to see the club in the state it is in given those heady days and trips to Hamburg etc. Total mismanagement from top to bottom in the senior club over a number of years whilst at the same time we have seen the academy thrive. That is our hope for next season. It seems to me that this is the only hope left. Clear out about a dozen ageing and expensive players whether we stay up or go down, retain a few for experience and blood these good youngsters. In the meantime, let's get down to thee  Cottage for the Youth Cup game and see a home victory - that will make a pleasant change.

I completely agree and I also feel your pain! we have been so dreadfully let down.  Not since the dark days of Cabra Estates can I recall such a shambles.  I really fear for our club, unless we can capitalise on our youth as you rightly suggest.