watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (28/05/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 28, 2010, 07:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/5/28/1491445/cottagers-daily-rumor-mill-fulham
. Share Cottagers Daily Rumor Mill: Fulham and Newcastle United are among the clubs that are reported to be interested in Andreas Granqvist

I saw this interesting rumor that I wanted to share with a link to Fulham. According to De Telegraaf there are several clubs interested in Andreas Granqvist who is a Swedish Defender. He currently plays for the Dutch club FC Groningen. He is 25 years old and is 6ft. 3 inches tall.

Fulham are mentioned as one of the clubs who could be monitoring him. According to this article, other clubs that might be looking at the Swedish Defender include Newcastle United, Wolfsburg, Schalke 04, and HSV. 

Granqvist does have prior experience with playing in England. In January of 2007 he went on loan to Wigan. He then several months later signed a permanent deal with the club. He played for less than a season with Wigan Athletic.

Lighthouse

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger ready to make £10m bid for Fulham defender Brede HangelandBy Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 5:04 PM on 28th May 2010

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is known to be keen on strengthening his defence, with William Gallas and Sol Campbell both looking likely to leave the club over the summer.
In demand: Fulham defender Brede Hangeland
Hangeland signed a new three-and-a half-year contract in November, but Arsenal have always maintained their interest and could be ready to shell out £10m for the player, according to reports.

Hangeland played a major role in Fulham's magnificent run to the Europa League final.
He turns 29 over the summer, but even though Wenger normally prefers to sign younger players he is believed to have had a rethink since the success of taking back Campbell on a free transfer for the second half of the season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1282254/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-ready-make-10m-bid-Fulham-defender-Brede-Hangeland.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0pFG7dlFe
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Fulham - now THIS could be trouble
Skysports.com are reporting that Inter Milan are prepared to wait till after the World Cup to name a new manager, if Mourinho leaves for pastures new.

'The Inter squad will reconvene on 15th July for pre-season training. We can wait until then.'

Were the succinct words of Milan technical director Marco Branca.

Apparently Capello has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave after the World Cup.

Right now the upcoming Finals are his primary objective, as well they should be, and he has refused to comment on his future after the summer spectacle.

How does this effect little old Fulham?

If Capello leaves the position of England Manager to take the helm at Inter Milan, there can be only one replacement: our man (Sir) Roy Hodgson. You could hardly blame him for leaving, and I am personally convinced this is the only position he would leave Fulham for.

There is no greater honour than playing, or in this case managing, for your country on the world stage. I would be proud to see him go. It would leave a bit of a void to fill, unfortunately.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=200103#ixzz0pFGng7bZ

HatterDon

Thank you, Mr. Lighthouse for the 273rd link this calendar year about Brede going to Arsenal and the 18th thread this week about Roy leaving for England or Inter.

Cutting edge stuff. Heard anything about Helguson leaving for Bolton?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

HD - I am just the vessel the voices come through. Are you there KD.

South African international midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi is hoping that this summer's World Cup Finals will put him in peak condition to challenge for a regular place in Fulham's starting eleven next season.

KG clearly enjoyed his inaugural season in SW6 but the midfielder is hoping to become a permanent fixture in Roy Hodgson's Team after the 2010 Finals.

"Last season was fantastic," said Dikgacoi. "We got through to the Final of the Europa League in my first season so I really enjoyed myself. From the start no one expected us to reach the Final but through hard work and determination we made it.

"Everyone was working hard and I think that as soon as we realised that we were playing the likes of Juventus and Shakhtar Donetsk, that's when we saw the possibility of reaching the Final.

"For some of the players, like those who were regulars in the starting eleven it was difficult, but credit must also go to the manager. He has been changing the team, giving some other players chances and they proved themselves.

"I must say that I joined the Club after the Confederations Cup when my fitness levels were high so for me it was easy to gel in with the Team. Playing in this team is all about professionalism. Everyone is professional and everyone knows what their duties are. When that happens it makes things a lot easier.

"At first I thought it was going to be difficult and I was going to struggle but I worked hard on my weak points and I managed to make a few appearances. Now I am ready for next season and it won't be as difficult as the first season."

Dikgacoi clearly appreciates the personal approach of Fulham Manager Roy Hodgson, who the midfielder credits with taking his game to a higher level over the past 12 months. Whilst KG is now hoping to play his part for the host nation at this summer's World Cup Finals, the midfielder will be hoping to push for further European success with Fulham in the coming seasons.

"He's [Roy Hodgson] a good manager; he's always encouraging his players," explained Dikgacoi. "He's someone who likes to approach you, it doesn't matter if you've done well or haven't done well. Working under such a person is good for me because some managers won't approach you and tell you what you're doing wrong or right.

"He [Hodgson] wants his player to enjoy their football, play the ball on the ground and that's what we're doing. I enjoy the training sessions and most of the time we're working on technical aspects or tactical awareness. That has improved my game a lot.

"I think we should aim high next season. We have seen the possibility for doing well in big tournaments so we should look to finish in a respectable position and maybe qualify for Europe. If I come back to the Team after the World Cup with high energy levels then I will be aiming to be in the starting eleven

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/May/DikgacoiNextStep.aspx#ixzz0pFmOma00