watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I forget.........

Started by JIMMY D, March 03, 2014, 08:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

How it feels like to celebrate a win and be proud of my team. I don't now mind being relegated but would love to see my team play with some heart. Don't tell me that Fulham on Saturday came out and played with spirit and fight. It seems that no manager can help this team turn this around unfortunately.  :012:

stokesy

totally agree we are a poor side but lets go down fighting,thats why i like karagounis plays with his heart and livens the game up

LillieBoy

Quote from: JIMMY D on March 03, 2014, 08:16:43 PM
How it feels like to celebrate a win and be proud of my team. I don't now mind being relegated but would love to see my team play with some heart. Don't tell me that Fulham on Saturday came out and played with spirit and fight. It seems that no manager can help this team turn this around unfortunately.  :012:

Not just Saturday.  Seems to have been like this for well over a year...

H4usuallysitting

We just need a little bit of luck.....it's going to start at Cardiff were going to get 3 points, Saturday is the start of our season

Sgt Fulham

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Did I feel good about the West Ham victory? Not really, we only just beat a 10 man broken West Ham at home... Norwich away? I think that's it. I'm just hoping that we make up for it in the last few games and stay up by the skin of our teeth, but this is looking less realistic by the day.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 03, 2014, 11:15:02 PM
I was thinking the same thing the other day. Did I feel good about the West Ham victory? Not really, we only just beat a 10 man broken West Ham at home... Norwich away? I think that's it. I'm just hoping that we make up for it in the last few games and stay up by the skin of our teeth, but this is looking less realistic by the day.

Even Palace was a fluke.

I haven't felt good about us for nearly 2 years.  Last season ended up with genuine relegation possibilities.

When was the last time anyone here looked forward to a Fulham game?   :023:

Blanco

I know it's been said but... I can't believe that about 4 years ago we were watching Fulham play in Germany against Atletico Madrid in the Europa League Final! After beating Juventus 4-1 at the cottage! Incredible. Talk about going downhill. Just shows how good Roy is. Would be great to see him do the same with England this summer.

JIMMY D

I just want one bloody win. One comfortable 2-0 win. And some fight to show fans they still care about this great club.

Dodger53

All of these post are spot on. Poor for well over a year. I cannot believe how some on other posts talk about us playing well in this half or that half of a particular match or so and so had a good first 20 mins - Something is wrong with the senior management and the first sign was the away form v home form where we usually managed to win away when all of the pundits started talking about the worst away record in the division. I am convinced a lot of the squad go clubbing on away game weeks, they certainly play like it. I think Rene would have sorted it out and would have like him to stay but now its down to Felix and from his reputation he will sort it out - maybe that is why AM got him in! What division we are in is not important until this problem is resolved but I really hope the miricle can happen and we stay up.

TonyGilroy

Every time we've been relegated it's been like this. No fight and a foregone conclusion all season.

When we've fought we've stayed up. We've never lost a relegation fight.

I agree that it's the lack of obvious effort that's the real killer. Of course they're trying but they all seem to know and accept their fate.

RaySmith

I think the psychological effect of always losing and being at the bottom are important - we don't play with confidence or conviction.

I think the effort is there all right, but players often seem scared of the ball, frightened to make a mistake,  keep making simple mistakes, and seem nervous.

It's hard to tell in football if a player is trying as hard as possible.
They were discussing this the other day on the radio.

Rugby international Brian Moore was saying  that in rugby, which I don't watch myself, you can tell a player is trying  when he steams into the opposition, but if you steam in in football, you  will probably get a red card these days.

Look at Sidwell - when he got those red cards last season , he was vilified on here, rather than being praised for his  commitment - which he shows in every game, as does Parker.

If it was just to do with lack of effort it would be easy to solve the problem - just get in team of triers- there are plenty of our fans who can play a bit and would wear the white shirt proudly for nothing -even pay for the privilege - but it's not that straightforward.

Burt

Burt Jr. and I were talking about this very point on the way home last Saturday.

Never seen so many home defeats for a long time. It's a conveyor belt of mediocrity interspersed with the occasional, fleeting, uplift.

It's been a long time since a good win has set me up for the rest of the week.