watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cricket? Are you kidding me?

Started by RidgeRider, January 30, 2010, 11:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjl

Daddy, how can a game like yesterdays South Africa v India send any one to sleep 50 overs each down to the last ball, you have to feel sorry for SA after a great fight back to get beat by 1 run and a run out at that.
The last line may confuse some.

Logicalman

tjl

Am i the only person on this exiles board keeping an eye on the cricket ? England won again today the second win in the last few days, a 2 wicket win over Bangladesh that puts us two up in the series some very good cricket, if i could find some baseball on sky i might watch it but you can all see the cricket.

HatterDon

Quote from: tjl on March 02, 2010, 07:43:13 PM
Am i the only person on this exiles board keeping an eye on the cricket ? England won again today the second win in the last few days, a 2 wicket win over Bangladesh that puts us two up in the series some very good cricket, if i could find some baseball on sky i might watch it but you can all see the cricket.

with only 7 balls left to the worst cricketing side in the world? And with an Irishman and two South Africans in the XI?

Well done, Engerland.

In all seriousness. You may have noticed that THIS thread is the only one on the site that's talking about the one-day series. I think the Exiles and Foreigners are the only ones who care.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

tjl

It's the only game in town, you can only beat the team in front of you all wins are good just some taste better. Still can't get round to finishing the Kinsella book waiting for the right type of day.

Steve_orino

Did we lose Mr. TJL to baseball books?  Way to go Hatter! :)

We miss your Sark updates TJL, come back to us!

For what it's worth, it may be called the Exiles & Foreigners Exchange but I really just use it as an Off-Topic board.  Not sure why the Englanders don't come in here for more banter about NonFulhamRelated stuff.  I don't understand cricket and won't try but I've enjoyed reading the posts in this thread...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

tjl

Hi again all, i posted on the other site a few days ago, on Sark the teams are in training for the football /cricket /hockey season . Hockey is a new sport to us as we have only seen a few games on the rock, So i6t will be great to see live sport, on this little rock you can play football on a Saturday morning Cricket in the afternoon and Hockey on Sunday as we only have about 20 fit young men they play all sports . so the season is starting and up dates will be forthcoming.

finnster01

Good stuff Mr tjl.

Look forward to the reports.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

It's also worth pointing out that while Mr. Finn is a LEGEND on the site [by virtue of his six balls], on this particular thread, he is also an OVER.

FatFreddysCat

All you need to know about cricket is that it's played by gay posh people and it's very boring. I think it's fair to say i've covered cricket.

tjl

Having just got back from some time in England i learn that our Island team is in training for the coming season with a lot of workers on the rock we are hoping to find a few decent players to boost our team first match is in 2 weeks, i will report soon . Our football season has got off to a bad start having lost our first two games i did see the second of the two and we were one up for all of 3 mins but the second half our lack of fitness showed and we went down 5-1 the team from Guernsey were just to strong but after lunch and a few beers they were looking like they had lost, so you have to do more than just play football to win on Sark, and as for FFCat at cricket you can relax have a few beers with no stewards on the rock.

Steve_orino

Was reading this thread just the other day wondering when the next 'Sark-report' would come in from Mr. tjl...

Thanks for posting!  Good to hear all is well.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Tom

I love baseball and im watching my Padres right now but I can't get that damn Cricket.   :002:
Fulham for life!

Logicalman

There is nothing wrong with the great game of Cricket that two goals, a larger ball and and pitch 100 by 70 yds wouldn't fix.  :005:

tjl

Logicalman or should that be Philistine?

Logicalman

Quote from: tjl on April 23, 2010, 06:25:22 AM
Logicalman or should that be Philistine?

OK, as it's you, Phil for short!!  :011:  :011:

tjl

Well that's as maybe Phil, but i will spend the afternoon at the cricket with a beer in hand and a sandwich and the only runner i need is called for every 20 mins to refill my glass, and on this predicted hottest day of the year and watching cricket can be thirsty work you should try it some time, no one can say i dont suffer for my sport. :52:

Logicalman

Quote from: tjl on April 24, 2010, 06:45:56 AM
Well that's as maybe Phil, but i will spend the afternoon at the cricket with a beer in hand and a sandwich and the only runner i need is called for every 20 mins to refill my glass, and on this predicted hottest day of the year and watching cricket can be thirsty work you should try it some time, no one can say i dont suffer for my sport. :52:

tj,
Now I have managed to free my tongue from my cheek, I will tell you, I used to go and watch the odd cricket match prior to emigrating, and I have to agree, the essentials were a 6 pack, snacks and plenty of sun-tan lotion mate. Over here in the colonies, such an opportunity is denied me except in the extreme, and so it's something the locals here will not have the true opportunity to experience (whether that be good or bad).

Have another drink for me, mate  :045:

tjl

As usual i got it wrong yesterday was only tryouts and a pick up game i misread the notice, first  match is next Saturday but a great afternoon, sun beer and a sandwich, it's one of the things about passing 60 one may make observations and pass comments "in my day!!" and the youngsters go away muttering silly OLD fool, it's good because i just you remind them that in the past i've changed there nappies, and is the great thing about living on a small Island you know everyone and you have seen them all grow up.

HatterDon

Cricket is important if for no other reason that it gives England something to lose at the international level during summers when there's no European Nations Cup or World Cup.