more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (08/03/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 07, 2014, 08:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Cottagers wait on Mitroglou

Striker Kostas Mitroglou could feature for Fulham in Saturday's clash at Cardiff despite hamstring and match fitness concerns.

Midfielder Scott Parker is out after suffering a knee injury in training which is not too serious, but winger Damien Duff (knee) has likely played his last game of the season, and possibly for the Cottagers as he is out of contract this summer. Defender Fernando Amorebieta is still out, while William Kvist is likely to be absent with hamstring problems, despite playing 90 minutes for Denmark at Wembley on Wednesday night.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/cottagers-wait-on-mitroglou-1716179.html?

WhiteJC

Damien Duff may have played last game for Fulham
The former Republic of Ireland international is unlikely to play again this season because of a knee injury and is out of contract in the summer

Damien Duff. Photograph: James Crombie/Inpho.

Former Republic of Ireland international Damien Duff (knee) may not only have played his last game in the current campaign but potentially a final one for Fulham as he is out of contact at the end of the season.

Striker Kostas Mitroglou could feature for Fulham in Saturday's bottom of the Premier League clash at Cardiff despite concerns over his hamstrings and match fitness.

Midfielder Scott Parker is out after suffering a knee injury in training which is not too serious.

Defender Fernando Amorebieta is still out, while William Kvist is likely to be absent with hamstring problems, despite playing 90 minutes for Denmark at Wembley on Wednesday night.

Fulham: Stekelenburg, Stockdale, Heitinga, Riether, Riise, Burn, Sidwell, Richardson, Kacaniklic, Kvist, Bent, Holtby, Kasami, Hangeland, Mitroglou.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/damien-duff-may-have-played-last-game-for-fulham-1.1716388

WhiteJC

Fulham set to sky-rocket survival hopes with win to nil at Cardiff

Battle of the basement boys set to swing the way of the Cottagers as the Bluebirds prepare to fly south a division.

The Premier League equivalent of the Hunger Games takes place in south Wales as Cardiff host Fulham at their eponymously titled stadium.

It's difficult to imagine the loser of this clash between the sides occupying 19th and 20th in the top tier being able to recover in time to survive, ramping up the tension ahead of this dare-not-lose encounter.

The Bluebirds head the match-betting offerings at 5/4, while the draw and away win are deemed equally likely outcomes at 11/5.

Neither side reside in their current basement dwellings on account of commendable form meaning this could go either way.

Fulham's added top-flight experience and the stewardship of veteran gaffer Felix Magath renders them better value in the bid to win the bout and given Cardiff's recent goalscoring woes, a win to nil beckons for the boys in white and black at 17/4.

Crack open a fresh account at bwin.com today to receive a £30 free bet which, when invested in the Cottagers inflicting a loss and a bagel on their hosts returns a steep profit of £127.50 if they get the job done.

Traditionally substandard travellers, there might not be much support for Fulham to prevail, but here's why they should be supported:

Cardiff have failed to score in six of the eight league games that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has taken charge of.

Ok, fair enough, the west Londoners haven't shut an opponent out in the league since beating Aston Villa 2-0 13 games back.

However, they'll never get a better opportunity to end their porous streak than against a team who have been unable to locate the back of the net in four successive top-tier tussles.

The Cottagers have alleviated their fortunes on the road, avoiding defeat in four of six across all competitions.

One of these games they proved unconquerable may have been against League One's Sheffield United, but another was at Manchester United and this commendable point must inspire confidence ahead of this jaunt.

Fulham to beat Cardiff to nil @ 17/4

- See more at: http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/premier-league/fulham-set-sky-rocket-survival-hopes-win-nil-cardiff,52718.html?#sthash.cik9Tfj9.dpuf

WhiteJC

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Cardiff v Fulham

Both of these clubs have gone with a manager who has never worked in the Premier League before to try to keep them up but, with Felix Magath, the Cottagers have someone with vast experience.

While Magath has been there, seen it, done it all and had success in relegation battles, Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still learning his trade.

Although Solskjaer's appointment was great news for him, I think it is far more of a gamble for a team trying to avoid relegation than bringing Magath in.

Cardiff's home form was always going to be key in keeping them up and it has not been good enough.

Since beating Swansea on 3 November, the Bluebirds have won only two out of nine home league games.

I cannot see them getting three points here, either. On the face of it, a point is also not much good to Fulham but it might turn out to be something for Magath to build on.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1
Woody's prediction: Fulham have got a new manager who is a bit of a dictator, or so I hear. Maybe he will frighten them into a result. 0-1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26426595

WhiteJC

It's the money

Fabulous new graphic on Sporting Intelligence.

When you look at it this way we're basically roundabout where we ought to be. There is a clump of teams that, if they have a bad season, are going to be in the brown stuff.  And when we say bad season we mean the kind of thing that can happen to any team.  Loss of form, bad luck, whatever.  This year it's been our turn.   You can see that our transfer outgoings are as low as anyone's and that the wage bill isn't exactly massive either.

Martin Jol made a pig's ear out of things but what I think this shows is that he had a lot less margin for error than we might have imagined.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/its-the-money/?

WhiteJC

The Craven Corner: Why Kostas Mitroglou must start against Cardiff

Konstantinos Mitroglou, Fulham. Picture: Nigel French/EMPICS

Our Fulham columnist believes that the Greek striker must start for the Whites, even with a hamstring complaint, against the Bluebirds in a relegation six-pointer

So, it's the most important game of Fulham's season - Cardiff on Saturday.

With Cardiff one place above us, we really need to come away from Wales with all three points, but it's not going to be easy.

I strongly believe that we need to play Kostas Mitroglou even if he can only last 60 minutes, because Darren Bent's disappointing form and Hot Rod's [Hugo Rodallega] lack of physical presence would be far too easy to deal with for Steven Caulker.

At least with Mitroglou he could become a focal point on the attack, hold the ball up and allow Lewis Holtby, Kieran Richardson and Ashkan Dejagah to run behind the defence.

The key to beating Cardiff will be the same way Cardiff will try to score against us and that's by turning the centre backs.

Both sets of central defenders, will lack mobility even though they are strong in the air. If Fulham can get their attackers running behind them then the goals will come.

Cardiff are under huge amounts of pressure considering it's a home game so they will throw absolutely everything at John Heitinga and Brede Hangeland, but Fulham have to be direct and effective on the counter.

Magath played down the game in his pre-match press conference, but didn't comment on the future games coming up just stated he is convinced Fulham will survive.

I still believe we can survive and I hope it all starts on Saturday, we are desperate for a win.

If I was the manager I'd start with:

4-3-3

Stekelenburg

Riether Heitinga Burn Richardson

Karagounis

Kasami Sidwell

Dejagah Holtby

MItroglou

I know this means playing Holtby as a left forward, but it would allow three creative central midfielders to play and on the counter. All of them are capable of playing vital through balls to the front trio.

This could swap around if needed to a 4-2-3-1 with Kasami and Dejagah out-wide with Holtby behind the Greek striker.

I do believe Magath will change his side quite a bit from the side that started against Chelsea, but whoever plays I just hope we win.

Pajtim Kasami was the brightest player for me against Chelsea, so I think he deserves his starting place. He loves to get forward and release a shot from anywhere which we have lacked at times.

Cardiff won't be easy, but we can do it.

Still believe, support the club and let's get out of this!

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/the_craven_corner_why_kostas_mitroglou_must_start_against_cardiff_1_3401782

WhiteJC

Cardiff v Fulham

By Steve Bower
BBC Match of the Day commentator

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium Date: Saturday, 8 March

TEAM NEWS

Cardiff will assess Craig Noone and Andrew Taylor, both of whom missed the defeat at Tottenham through injury.

The Bluebirds switched to a 3-5-2 formation against Spurs, and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hinted he will persevere with the system.

Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou could feature despite a slight hamstring problem and lack of match fitness.

Damien Duff, Scott Parker and Fernando Amorebieta are all ruled out, while William Kvist is unlikely to be fit.

MATCH PREVIEW

We are all occasionally guilty of exaggerating the importance of a match, but in this case there's no danger of that - it is absolutely crucial. Some have the bottom two written off already, but both sides will be aware that when facing a relegation rival at this stage, a win is a must to ignite a great escape bid.

This match features two managers who were only appointed this year, who are both in charge in the Premier League for the first time and in desperate need of a lift.

For Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, it is Cardiff's first home game since the 4-0 defeat by Hull, which prompted him to cancel the club's warm weather training plans in the Middle East.

That's one of six defeats in his eight league games in charge so far. If there is to be a recovery they have to do better at the Cardiff City Stadium where they still have to face Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Stoke and Chelsea.

The real concern is their goal tally, 19, which is the joint lowest in the league. Worryingly, they have not found the back of the net in 11 of their last 16 matches. They are crying out for a natural finisher in the mould of their manager in his prime.

You sense if Cardiff's attack doesn't fire against the division's leakiest defence, which has now conceded 62 goals, then it never will.

Fulham have been bottom since the beginning of last month but know a win would take them above Cardiff. It's only Felix Magath's third match, but the team has now lost 15 of their last 20 league games. It is a mentality that is incredibly difficult to change overnight.

The two clubs have only 11 league wins between them all season. It will be full of tension and nerves but a rare three points for either might just give them a much-needed Premier League lifeline.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
Cardiff are chasing a third successive league win against Fulham.

Victory would see the Bluebirds do the double over a top-flight opponent for the first time since September 1961. That month they beat Chelsea home and away in the space of a fortnight.

The last goalless draw in this fixture came at Ninian Park on 11 December 1974.

Cardiff City
The Welsh side have only won one of their last 12 league games (D2, L9).
They have failed to score in their last four Premier League games, and in seven of the previous nine.
In total, they have failed to score in 16 league games this season - the highest total in the division.
Only Fulham (181) have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than Cardiff this season (165) in the Premier League.
Cardiff have conceded more headed goals than any other team in the top flight (10).

Fulham
Fulham have failed to win their last eight league games (D2, L6). That is currently the longest winless run in the top flight.
The Londoners' tally of three clean sheets is the lowest in the Premier League.
They won two of their opening four away league games this season, but have taken just five points from a possible 30 since then.
Fulham have conceded 68% of their goals in the second half of this season - the highest proportion in the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26396173

WhiteJC

Cardiff v Fulham: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer labels bottom of the table clash 'the biggest game for us'

Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has warned Saturday's opponents Fulham that his team will settle for nothing but a win. The Bluebirds head into the Barclays Premier League encounter at the Cardiff City Stadium in desperate need of points having won just one of their last 12 league games.

Last weekend's 1-0 defeat at Tottenham was their fourth straight loss and left Cardiff just one point and one place off Fulham, who lie at the foot of the standings.

Cardiff are three points adrift of 17th-placed West Brom, who hold the last position of safety.

"It's the biggest game for us," Solskjaer said to http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk.

"Obviously, this game is massive. You just want your players to go out there, play and express themselves with no fear."

Solskjaer expects a battle against a Fulham side that has failed to win since beating West Ham on January 1.

"At this stage of the campaign, you look at the form and confidence and I don't think any of these two teams can say we are in top shape," he said.

"I don't think either side would be happy with a draw. There will be two teams that have to go out there and try to win the game. I think you will see some positive football from both sides.

"But we are at home.

"We've played some good games at home lately even though the Hull game (a 4-0 loss) was disappointing.

"But we have dominated some games here and we should have scored two or three goals.

"Hopefully, this time we will get the rewards for all the work we have done."

Cardiff possess the least prolific attack in the division alongside Crystal Palace, with 19 goals scored in 28 games.

Moreover, the Bluebirds have failed to find the back of the net in their last four league games.

"You need goals to take points," Solksjaer said.

"We need to score goals. To get a win, you need to perform.

"You have to earn the right to win a game by doing the hard work and you have to get the quality there, especially going forward.

"Against Spurs we had so many one-on-one chances against the 'keeper, four times at least we should have been through.

"It's that little bit of extra quality that will get us some points."

Fortunately for Cardiff, Fulham have the leakiest back line in the Premier League with 62 goals given away.

The last time both sides met in the league, a Jordon Mutch goal handed Cardiff a 2-1 triumph at Craven Cottage.

PA

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/cardiff-v-fulham-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-labels-bottom-of-the-table-clash-the-biggest-game-for-us-9176720.html

WhiteJC

Well-drilled Whites to effectively seal Cardiff's fate with win
The Premier League's bottom two go head-to-head in south Wales

If there was such a thing as a 'nine-pointer' then this match between Cardiff and Fulham is it. The Premier League's bottom two do battle in Wales and we predict Fulham's vastly experienced boss will just get the better of his younger counterpart.

Ole-Gunnar Solskjaer may have forged his reputation in English football as a deadly finisher, but his transition to the dug-outs looks like finishing him as a Premier League manager at this rate.

Six defeats and only one win from his eight league games in charge of Cardiff have seen the Bluebirds plummet and now the only team still below them are set to leapfrog them too.

Cardiff's home form was supposed to be their saviour; it hasn't been. The 4-0 drubbing at the hands of fellow promoted side Hull on their last appearance, was an unwelcome barometer in their struggles to survive.

This won't be lost on Fulham, whose price of 21/10 to come away with a massive three points, feels much more attractive than the 5/4 on the home win, now that Felix Magath is in charge.

Although, Fulham's haplessness home or away is enough to rival Cardiff in every sense, the Cottagers new manager may just be the man to oversee the great escape, especially if he's finally ready to call on record signing Kostas Mitroglou.

Under the greatly experienced German disciplinarian, Fulham put up an admirable fight against Chelsea without the Greek international, matching the league leaders in the first 45 and were unlucky to lose captain Brede Hangerland to injury too.

Given the stakes this match is likely to be grittiness personified, with Magath's reputation for organisation the key against a Cardiff outfit who have failed to score in five of their last six top-flight matches.

The 4/1 about a one-goal margin of victory for Fulham looks like an avenue worth exploring, while 7/1 on Mitroglou breaking the deadlock (should he start) seems generous also.

All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/well-drilled-whites-effectively-seal-cardiffs-fate-win_189710.html

WhiteJC

Cardiff (a) - Injury News

As we look to try and salvage our Premier League future, starting to get back to winning ways against Cardiff, down in South Wales, we`ve a bit of injury news for you to digest.

Firstly, it looks as though we`ll be definitely without the following:-

• Damien Duff
• Scott Parker
• Fernando Amorebieta

All have been ruled out.

Also, it would appear that William Kvist is struggling to shake off a knock and may not be available.

However, rumour has it, despite carrying a hamstring strain, our record signing, Kostas Mitroglou might feature.

We can but wait and see!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=351927#ixzz2vJW6pMI9

WhiteJC

Tanković's Pride

Muamer Tanković has spoken of his pride at winning his first cap for Sweden on Wednesday night.

After being called up to Erik Hamrén's squad for the first time, 19-year-old Tanković was then handed his international bow for his country as a 67th-minute substitute as Sweden travelled to Turkey for a friendly.

Trailing 2-1 when Tanković was introduced, the Swedes, who included Alexander Kačaniklić in their starting XI, couldn't find an equaliser. And, while disappointed with the result, Fulham youngster Tanković was delighted to have represented his home nation.

"I'm very proud, it was a big moment for me," he told fulhamfc.com. "I'm 19 and I think I'm one of the youngest players in Swedish history to play for the first team. I'm disappointed that we lost, but proud to make my debut.

"Training went very well. We played youngsters versus older players and I scored both goals in a 2-0 win. Then the manager told me that I'd play at least 30 minutes against Turkey so I just prepared myself for that.

"It was a nice experience to play but it was difficult as we were losing 2-1 when I came on. The Turkish crowd are crazy and very loud but I handled it fine. It's very big to play for my country but it's sad that we lost as I wanted to show so much more."

Tanković also got the chance to get up close and personal with his idol Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"It was a great experience to play with one of my big heroes," said Tanković. "He's a great man and he was happy to chat with me and give me advice. People say he's arrogant, but he's not at all – he talks to everyone.

"All the players helped me settle in. I obviously knew Alex already but everyone was very welcoming."

Tanković's attentions now turn back to domestic matters. Having featured six times for the Whites this term, the forward was an unused substitute in Felix Magath's first game in charge and wasn't in the matchday 18 for last weekend's derby with Chelsea.

However, he's chomping at the bit to play a part in Saturday's crucial clash with fellow strugglers Cardiff City, adding: "I think I'm good enough to play but it's the Manager's decision. He knows what he's doing. He's an experienced man and he's been in this situation before in Germany. All I can do is try my best in training to show him I should be in the squad or the starting XI.

"People say I'm young and I should be patient but I want everything now! I've had a taste of playing for the First Team so I want it on a regular basis. I've played six games for the First Team and now played for my national team so I want to be involved this weekend.

"If I play I'll do my best. It's a game we need to win. We need to get some confidence into the team and win some games to stay in the Barclays Premier League."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/march/07/tankovics-pride?

WhiteJC

'We'll go out and attack ' - Solskjaer urges positive Cardiff showing

The Norwegian manager is keen to see his side pick up all three points against fellow strugglers Fulham on Saturday, while Kevin McNaughton has signed a new deal at the club

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will urge his Cardiff City side to play on the front foot against Fulham in their relegation six-pointer on Saturday.

The Premier League's bottom two sides meet at the Cardiff City Stadium this weekend, having won just 11 top-flight matches between them this season.

Defeat would represent a hammer blow for the survival hopes of both clubs and Solskjaer, who was appointed Cardiff manager in January, insists his players can afford nothing less than a win.

"It's a big game. It's the first of the last 10 and a great chance to kick start the final run in," said the Norwegian.

"We'll go out and attack it in that way on Saturday. We've prepared well and I've got a clear view on the task we face.

"It's one where neither team want a draw, both need the win. We've got the home advantage and support, which will be important."

Fulham have won just once in the league in 2014 - a 2-1 victory over West Ham on New Year's Day - but Solksjaer believes Felix Magath will have his side as well prepared as possible for the crucial clash at the foot of the table.

"Felix (Magath) has had a long career in the game and lots of success as a manager," he added. "He'll have them organised and ready for it."

The club also announced on Friday that defender Kevin McNaughton has signed a contract extension and the 31-year-old, who has 291 appearances for Cardiff, will remain in the Welsh capital for at least another year.

"I think I'm part of the furniture now, I've been here a while. It's great really to look forward to another season at the club," he told Cardiff's official website.

"When I first came we were playing at Ninian Park and everything has changed since then with excellent training facilities and the stadium. Obviously now we're a Premier League football team, (and) looking to stay there."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/03/07/4667790/-?

WhiteJC

FULHAM'S SURVIVAL CHANCES WEARING THIN AHEAD OF TRIP TO CARDIFF

PROBABLE LINEUPS:
fulham cardiffCardiff City (4-4-2): Marshall, Fabio, Caulker, Cala, John, Bellamy, Medel, Eikrem, Zaha, Jones, Campbell

Against Spurs last weekend, the Welsh side went with a defensive 3-5-2 system but will come out much more attacking when they host bottom side Fulham in an important relegation six pointer.  Kenwyne Jones and Frazier Campbell shall lead the line with Zaha and Bellamy on the flanks.  Gary Medel will continue sitting in front of the back four and offer them a defensive cushion.

Fulham (4-2-3-1): Stekelenburg, Riether, Heitinga, Hangeland, Richardson, Karagounis, Sidwell, Dejagah, Holtby, Kasami, Bent

The return of Hangeland will be a welcome boost for Felix Magath as he partners John Heitinga in the center of defence.  However January signing Kostas Mitroglou is set to miss after sustaining a hamstring injury during the internationals.  He will be replaced by Englishman Darren Bent.  If Fulham are going to have any chance of staying in the division, a win against the 'Bluebirds' will be absolutely vital.

WHAT THE FANS ARE SAYING...

Buzzing for shoreham away tomorrow night then off to Cardiff away for a HUGE game. Come on Fulham!

— Barney Feek (@barneyfeek) March 6, 2014

REMEMBER THIS?
Jordon Mutch injury-time Amazing goal(Cardiff) v Fulham

Jordan Mutch scores an absolute beauty to give Cardiff their first away win in the EPL earlier this season.

FANTASY FOOTBALL DANGER MAN
caulker

Both teams will be battling it out hard at the Cardiff City Stadium and it could be that the defenses that comes out on top.  We are backing Steven Caulker to keep Fulham at bay and earn himself a cleanie.

STATS TO GET YOU HEAD AROUND...
Cardiff City vs. Fulham: An Alternative Preview

Cardiff have the best disciplinary record in the top-flight picking up just 34 yellow cards and no reds.

Fulham have gone 13 Barclays Premier League away matches without a clean sheet.

http://www.footballfancast.com/match/695181?

WhiteJC

We Need To Beat Fulham

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said Cardiff have only one aim this weekend when we face Fulham on home soil. We simply must take all three points.

Speaking to the Official Site ahead of the game, Ole knows that only three points will kick start any hope we have of avoiding relegation this season, and obviously a victory over Fulham will have a double whammy effect for us of keeping them well down there as well.

We are three points behind West Bromwich Albion who sit in a not so pretty manner just outside of the drop zone, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if we sit in 17th place by the skin of our goal difference come full time of the final day of the season it'll be positively gorgeous!

'It's a big game of course, it's the first game of the last ten and a great opportunity to kick start this mini season. We have to go into the game positively and attack it so we give ourselves every chance of getting the three points.'

Despite the international disruptions this week, Ole says it's been a good week of training for the lads and he feels they are ready and prepared for the challenges that lie ahead of us now, but of course with players away a different approach has been taken on the training field.

With the way the gaffer talks about Jordan Mutch in his interview, I think we can take it the young midfielder is very much back in contention for the game.

Read more: http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=351944#ixzz2vLKKjT00

WhiteJC

Cardiff City v Fulham: match preview
Read a full match preview of the Premier League game between Cardiff City and Fulham at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday March 8, 2014, kick-off 15.00 (GMT)

Testing times: Kostas Mitroglou could feature for Fulham at Cardiff
Photo: ACTION IMAGES

Saturday, March 8, 2014
Cardiff City v Fulham
Cardiff City Stadium
Kick-off: 15.00 GMT.
TV: Highlights, BBC ONE Match of the Day.

Cardiff (Possible, 4-4-1-1): Marshall; Fabio, Caulker, Turner, John; Gunnarson, Mutch, Medel, Kim; Zaha; Campbell.
Out: Hudson (hamstring).

Fulham (Possible, 4-4-2): Stekelenburg; Riether, Heitinga Hangeland, Richardson; Kasami, Sidwell, Dempsey, Dejagah; Bent, Mitroglou.
Out: Amorebieta (muscle), Briggs (hernia), Duff, Parker (both knee).
Test: Kvist (hamstring).

Referee: Martin Atkinson. Matches: 18, R3 Y56.

Betting: Home 13-10, Away 21-20, Draw 23-10.

Team News
Cardiff midfielder Jordon Mutch is expected to start in Saturday's Premier League relegation battle against Fulham.

Mutch shook off a hamstring problem and played as a substitute in last weekend's 1-0 Premier League defeat at Tottenham.

The 22-year-old scored the winner to hand the Bluebirds a 2-1 win at Fulham earlier this season.

Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has no fresh injury concerns to report.

Meanwhile, striker Kostas Mitroglou could feature for Fulham in Saturday's bottom of the Premier League clash at Cardiff despite concerns over his hamstrings and match fitness.

Midfielder Scott Parker is out after suffering a knee injury in training which is not too serious, but winger Damien Duff has likely played his last game of the season, and possibly for the Cottagers as he is out of contract this summer.

Defender Fernando Amorebieta is still missing, while William Kvist is likely to be absent with hamstring problems, despite playing 90 minutes for Denmark at Wembley on Wednesday night.

Match Notes
A must win game for both sides or as both managers might tell you, a must not lose contest.

Cardiff, who have lost seven of their last nine Premier League games, had four put past them on their last home outing – against Hull – whilst Fulham have won only one of their last nine Premier League games.

A difficult game to call and on this occasion home advantage is unlikely to count for anything.

Stat of the game: Cardiff have gone 399 minutes without scoring a Premier League goal.

Graham Clutton's prediction: Cardiff City 1 Fulham 2

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10661038/Cardiff-City-v-Fulham-match-preview.html

WhiteJC

Magath's Cardiff Preview

Keeping Fulham in the Barclays Premier League; that's all Felix Magath thinks about these days.

The German was brought into the Club three weeks ago tasked with maintaining our top-flight status, a target he remains confident he can accomplish over the next 10 matches.

Asked in Thursday's press conference whether he finds time to relax when he's not at work, Magath admitted Fulham Football Club is always at the forefront of his mind now he's at the helm.

"I always think about my team, sure," he admitted. "I always try to solve problems and compare. You see, I not only have 11 players, I have 25, 26 players, so I always have to compare how the situation is, what's going on in the team. That's my job, day and night.

"I have a family who get used to it. I've lived away from my family since 2007 so they've supported me in everything and they know that now my job is the most important thing at the moment."

His next challenge takes him across the River Severn where relegation rivals Cardiff City lie in wait. A win would see Fulham leapfrog the Welsh outfit in the table – which Magath believes would be a significant confidence boost – and our Manager is keen to see his side take the game to the opposition.

"For me now, the most important thing is getting out from going back [dropping deep], going back, going back, and to go forwards," he said. "As a manager I like to have the game under control; I will be active, not passive. I want it so my team is dictating the game, not the opponent.

"It's not easy to do, but nothing is easy if you take over a team that is in last place. You always have to change something and we changed it and it works. It will be better and better."

Like Fulham, Cardiff have a new man in charge as they look to get out of relegation trouble, with former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer taking the reins at the start of the year.

It's the 41-year-old's first managerial role in England and although Magath believes his decade of playing Premier League football with United can only aid Cardiff's cause, he's hopeful that his own experience in the game will be more beneficial.

"I was interested in [signing] him when he was playing in Norway but unfortunately he made up his mind to go to Manchester," Magath explained. "So I know him as a player but I don't know him as a manager.

"His time as a player in the Premier League is a very good basis for him to know much about football, but every team and every club has its own situation. You cannot compare Manchester with Cardiff, you cannot compare Arsenal with Chelsea. Every team, every club, is different.

"I'm convinced that the job of managing a football club is a job where you need experience. It's much better if you have experience and you see that the managers of the clubs who are playing for the UEFA Champions League are almost all older managers."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/march/07/magaths-cardiff-preview?