more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans Forum roundup

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, March 06, 2014, 10:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Quote from: leonffc on March 07, 2014, 09:46:15 AM

Beserker - can't you stay in the concourse and have an extra Carlsberg until the flag is packed away? You shouldn't miss out

Good idea Leonffc, I generally get an aisle seat so won't disturb people.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bulgariawhite

Thanks for the round up Reither and MJG. It sounded positive on the issue it was called for i.e atmosphere etc. There was never any possibility of other issues being raised and answered, so those trying to negate the suggestions put forward regarding atmosphere, and then having a go about other issues that were not on the agenda, are appearing to make the forum meaningless, which it sounds like it wasn't. At least the club decided to consult with the fans, which is a rarity in itself. Thanks for your efforts

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: bulgariawhite on March 07, 2014, 01:54:44 PM
Thanks for the round up Reither and MJG. It sounded positive on the issue it was called for i.e atmosphere etc. There was never any possibility of other issues being raised and answered, so those trying to negate the suggestions put forward regarding atmosphere, and then having a go about other issues that were not on the agenda, are appearing to make the forum meaningless, which it sounds like it wasn't. At least the club decided to consult with the fans, which is a rarity in itself. Thanks for your efforts

The club have had many fans forums in the past

bulgariawhite

Thanks for reminding me Southfield.  I was fortunate to be involved in some. I just feel with the commercial development of the game, and it's global money. The fans in this day and age are the last to be consulted.
Maybe it is the desperate position we are now in that has contributed to them asking the fans for help in ensuring our stay in the premier league, by creating an intimidating atmosphere. Let's hope the players feel the same way, and respond

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: bulgariawhite on March 07, 2014, 02:22:20 PM
Thanks for reminding me Southfield.  I was fortunate to be involved in some. I just feel with the commercial development of the game, and it's global money. The fans in this day and age are the last to be consulted.
Maybe it is the desperate position we are now in that has contributed to them asking the fans for help in ensuring our stay in the premier league, by creating an intimidating atmosphere. Let's hope the players feel the same way, and respond

You may well of been on one that I was also on.

You are right, football has changed alot since I went to a fans forum and maybe as you say they haven't needed fans input .

I think they should be regularly consulting fans , after all we are the experts in knowing what fans want,

I'm not saying the club has to bow to our every demand, but it is good knowing they are prepared to listen

bulgariawhite

Agreed. 9 years since my last forum. Since then I have retired to Bulgaria, so my visits to games are only a couple per season. My grandson still goes though.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: bulgariawhite on March 07, 2014, 02:31:49 PM
Agreed. 9 years since my last forum. Since then I have retired to Bulgaria, so my visits to games are only a couple per season. My grandson still goes though.

To be honest, thinking about it, it must be a good few years since I last went to one, I know Tommy  Guthrie was at it and not sure how long he was at the club for

LBNo11

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 07, 2014, 02:34:36 PM

To be honest, thinking about it, it must be a good few years since I last went to one, I know Tommy  Guthrie was at it and not sure how long he was at the club for

...SW I think the last one I went to was when we were introduced to Alistair Macintosh and I disagreed with SB about the 'Matchday' Magazine' being value for money amongst other things. I can't think why I've not been invited back again.. :033:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 07, 2014, 02:46:09 PM

...SW I think the last one I went to was when we were introduced to Alistair Macintosh and I disagreed with SB about the 'Matchday' Magazine' being value for money amongst other things. I can't think why I've not been invited back again.. :033:

Was that a fans forum or just an invite to a chat when Alistair arrived?

Can't think why you haven't been invited back ;-) then again don't think I have

Guilty by association I think ;-)

LBNo11

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 07, 2014, 02:50:44 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on March 07, 2014, 02:46:09 PM

Was that a fans forum or just an invite to a chat when Alistair arrived?

Can't think why you haven't been invited back ;-) then again don't think I have

Guilty by association I think ;-)

...I'm saying no more.. :008:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bulgariawhite

My topics were the quality of the food and service, and a supporters bar under the Hammy end.

Julius Geezer

Some promising suggestions there to get the atmosphere going and turn the Cottage back into a tough place to visit.

suecsw6

My version of the evening as posted on Facebook last night. Apologies to Nina who suggested the songsheet, but....really? :)

Ok - the Focus Group. And this won't be interesting to anyone who isn't a Fulham fan, I'm warning you now.
We were shown an interview with Scott Parker that I think went out on the website, saying 'the fans have been superb even when there's not been a lot to shout about and please keep getting behind us because it helps massively.' Then there was a special message just for us. So, ner!

Basically this was a brainstorming session to come up with ideas to improve the atmosphere at home for the rest of this season, I suppose to give the team a '12th man'. I guess it's better than doing nothing at all and the Club officials present were eager to hear any suggestions and had already come up with a few of their own.

In no particular order:

The atmosphere needs to be built up from about 30 minutes before KO. Music plays a bit part. There was talk about changing or adding to the playlist. Maybe music could be chosen by the players and voted for by fans on social media. Most people agreed we should play Too Good To Be True as well as usual prematch tunes to get people singing. I'm not too sure that would work, but maybe. I don't usually arrive till KO anyway, so didn't feel qualifed to comment.

In an aim to encourage people to arrive early they even discussed offering cheap/free beer.

Every player should acknowledge/applaud the fans before and after the match by making the effort to walk to each of the stands, or stand in the centre and face each of the stands in turn and applaud, the way some other teams do.

There was a lot of talk about singing/standing/chanting and the part that the acoustics of the ground plays in generating atmosphere. Why do we make more noise at away games? Because the most passionate fans travel away and are concentrated in one area.

A lady (not me) suggested that chants be written on song sheets and placed on seats so people can read from them. This left me and a couple of others completely nonplussed.

The Safety Office asked if people would like the drum to return. We all said yes. So – Airfix, limber up! Not sure where the best location for the drum would be.
Most significant suggestion from the Club was to turn Putney End P1, P2 and P3 into home fan area and encourage season ticket holders from Hammersmith End to move there for the last few games in order to make noise, sing, and create a home atmosphere around The Cottage so that when the players come out they're greeted by Fulham fans. There needs to be a lot of us to make that difference.

There will be a Black and White Day towards the end of the season with t shirts for each supporter to wear – distributed so there are whole blocks of black or white all around the ground.

Point was made that the atmosphere isn't all about what happens on the pitch but the quality of stewarding and the welcome you get upon entering the ground is vital to set the mood. This is something the club claim to take seriously so any complaints about this will be acted upon. The over-expensive and unappetising food was mentioned. We were told the hot dogs are very popular. I don't think we're going to win that one! But I did suggest bottled ale. They made a note of it.

Half time entertainment – somebody had a go at Billy the Badger and asked if he couldn't be more like the Jaguars mascot, which I thought was bang out of order. 

I may have left out some of what was said, but will add as I remember. eg. Giant flag, small flags, roving mic  pre-match as well as halftime, improving halftime entertainment, having ex-players as well as Diddy to gee up the fans.

I did think it was worthwhile attending and if you've got any ideas, email the Club because the really want to hear them!

MJG

Have to agree on the songsheet idea, really didn't want to give that any time tbh. Talk about open the club up to even more piss taking.