more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Championship, starting XI next season... merged

Started by fulhamben, March 08, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reillers

Stockdale
    Riether( think he will stay)            Burn Heitinga (Possibly)                            Briggs

Parker/ Kara/Tunicliffe/David                                         Kaca
Duff

Rodallega  Dembele?

Is this a realistic team for next year??obviously there will be new signings but from our current squad who might stay next year....

Stek Hangeland Amore Dejagah Kasami Bent Mitroglou Kvist Holtby all gone.......
One in a million- Irish and a Fulham fan!!!

fulhamben

Quote from: reillers on March 08, 2014, 09:20:11 PM
                                                        Stockdale
    Riether( think he will stay)            Burn Heitinga (Possibly)                            Briggs

Parker/ Kara/Tunicliffe/David                                         Kaca
Duff

Rodallega  Dembele?

Is this a realistic team for next year??obviously there will be new signings but from our current squad who might stay next year....

Stek Hangeland Amore Dejagah Kasami Bent Mitroglou Kvist Holtby all gone.......

duff wont cut it next season. quality of the championship might not be as high, but the pace and stamina of the players is the same. time for duff to retire me thinks
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

reillers

[/quote]duff wont cut it next season. quality of the championship might not be as high, but the pace and stamina of the players is the same. time for duff to retire me thinks
[/quote]
Ya maybe not an automatic starter but still think he could work well as an impact sub- but yes his best days are behind him. whats the alternative though??

FPT

I've just made a list of our squad post-clear out (predicted obviously):

Keepers: Stockdale, Etheridge, Bettinelli.

Defenders: Passley, Grimmer, Hangeland, Burn, Briggs.

Midfielders: Kasami, Kacaniklic, Sidwell, Tunnicliffe, Richardson, Cole, Plumain, Christensen, David, Roberts.

Forwards: Tankovic, Trotta, Rodallega, Woodrow, Dembele, Williams.

This makes a line up of something like:

Stockdale
Grimmer Hangeland Burn Richardson
Kasami Sidwell Tunnicliffe Kacaniklic
Tankovic
Rodallega

Not a bad line up, but I think we need an upgrade in through the spine:

Younger than Brede, but more experienced than Burn in central defence.

A younger central midfielder with some technical ability, maybe someone like Craig Gardner or Jack Cork.

Reliable goalscorer up top, Danny Ings if Burnley don't get promoted, or Jordan Rhodes.

reillers

That team looks more promising than mine but Sidwell wont be here next season!!

VamosFFC

Quote from: hovewhite on March 08, 2014, 06:20:03 PM
Myself I would like to see karagounis given a chance as the boss and keep mitro get rid of,
Parker
Risle
Amore
Bent
Ruiz
Duff
As we need a new positive young vibe,kara would be a gamble but I love the greek legend and with mitro ,trotta,dembele ,woodrow I think we could regain our position in the PL.
I don't think it will happen because A.M .

Would love this to happen just because I love Kara's passion.

Also, does anyone think Trotta will get his chance next season with the way he is playing for Brentford?

fulhamrover

Kacanikilc will be a great asset in the Championship. Been very good at Watford and Burnley. We can only carry one of Parker or Sidwell. Can't see any Premier League team coming in for Parker and Sidwell will be picked up by an average Championship club. Only need one of them and let a youngster in next to them. I would like to see Macheacran and Chabolah come on board.

nose

time for a radical shake up next season, whatever division we are in. i would have a mega clear out of many players

Classic94

I agree with the general consensus on here. Clear the decks and back the kids. There's no room for sentiment. Lets build a young team with energy, hunger and desire. I want to enjoy watching us play again.

Only a handful of senior players should be retained. Heitinga, Richardson, Sidwell, Kacaniklic & Kasami all have something to offer and I'd expect Stockdale to become our no.1 keeper. Parker will most likely stay given his age/contract. Karagounis could be useful in a coaching role.

This would leave us with:

Stockdale, Etheridge

Briggs, Heitinga, Burn, Passley, Grimmer

Richardson, Kacaniklic, Sidwell, Parker, Kasami, Tunnicliffe, Cole, Mesca, Plumain, Christensen, David, Roberts

Tankovic, Trotta, Woodrow, Dembele, Williams

A few additions and this squad could challenge for promotion.

aaronmcguigan

Kasami reputation Among other teams is sky high, because of that goal and there is sure to be interest from PL and abroad. He's one of the biggest assets in terms of clawing any money back from this years squad.

Bronaldinho

Sidwell won't stay as we haven't offered him a new deal yet.

Sadly, Stek, Kasami, Brede, Heitinga, Riether, Dejagah, Riise, Kieran, Mitroglou, Karagounis (retire), Sidwell all would go I think.

We'd have to start again.

Tunnicliffe is the player we should build around if we go down. Something like this:

Stock/Etheridge

(new RB) Hughes Burn Briggs
    Tunnicliffe Parker
Cole    McGugan (if poss) Tankovic
         Dembele/Hot Rod
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Bronaldinho on March 09, 2014, 12:24:27 PM

Tunnicliffe is the player we should build around if we go down. Something like this:

Stock/Etheridge

(new RB) Hughes Burn Briggs
    Tunnicliffe Parker
Cole    McGugan (if poss) Tankovic
         Dembele/Hot Rod

Grimmer or Passley as RB?
Hughes was loaned out to the expiration of his contract
Parker bound to be picked up by a promoted team or qpr.

Wimbledon_White

Assuming we go down, which players will stay? Which players will go?

In my mind it would look something like this:

Off to other clubs either in the Prem or overseas:
Stek, Reither, Heitinga (obv), Riise, Richardson, Sidwell, Dejagah, Kasami, Kaca, Bent (obv) ,  Richardson and Mitroglou

Retired:
Duff and Karagounis

Staying:
Burn, Brede,  Parker,  Stockdale, Dembele, Tankovic, Rodallega, Briggs (haha), Zverotic, Boateng, tunnicliffe and Cole. (add some more youth in the ranks)

I reckon we'll see the long overdue squad overhaul.
Needs must.

Am I being too pessimistic?

Texas White

I think hangers, rodders, parker, boating will be gone.

Texas White

ron

Who knows who will find alternative positions in the Premier League?  after all, with the run of results none of them are exactly putting themselves in the shop window are they?

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: ron on March 11, 2014, 12:16:16 PM
Who knows who will find alternative positions in the Premier League?  after all, with the run of results none of them are exactly putting themselves in the shop window are they?

haha good point. They have hardly garnered much praise this season.

Berserker

I think Sidwell will go, such a shame.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Wimbledon_White

yeah his contract is up and I sincerely doubt he'd want to accept Championship wages. He is still capable of playing in the Prem for sure. Parker too.

ToodlesMcToot

Why do you have Kasami leaving? I didn't think his contract was up. Does he supposedly have a release clause in his contract?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude