watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Australian Rules Football

Started by RidgeRider, January 30, 2010, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

GCW, can you help out on this game as well? Crita? MichaelRead?

Are the cheerleaders hot?

YankeeJim

It's like rugby without those circular man love ins. I actually like it better than pointy ball, even if I don't understand it, probably because the latter has those circular man love ins as well.

My gawd, I'm homo-phobic!!! :-[
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 30, 2010, 11:41:49 PM
It's like rugby without those circular man love ins. I actually like it better than pointy ball, even if I don't understand it, probably because the latter has those circular man love ins as well.

My gawd, I'm homo-phobic!!! :-[

I'm thinking you need to kill your Setanta subscription pronto!

Steve_orino

I like what I've seen of Austrailian Football.  It seems to be played the way proper pointy-ball should be played.

Bounce it, shovel it, punt it.  Tackles without pads.  Two different scoring options and funny-as-hill referees!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

finnster01

I also like the game. In particular, I like the fact that they don't stop play to treat injured players. The physio just steps onto the pitch, sew the ears back on to the player and game on.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Well, one of the reasons I brought it up was because it was one of those games where while channel surfing, I actually stopped and watched it and kinda sorta could figure out what was going on but knew there was more to it. Lots of action and a lot very tough fellas.

Like to see the game marketed a little more outside of Australia than it is right now.

GoldCoastWhite

I grew up (or at least did my version of growing up) in Adelaide, South Australia. SA, along with Victoria is the AFL heartland. I've watched a fair bit, some by choice and sometimes because my first girlfriend was a devotee - and still is. Great game to watch, especially on TV as it's hard to see the action when it's at the far end of the ground. Hard, fast and furious and now so much more so as fitness levels and sports science have their effect. It attracts huge crowds in Melbourne and I'm sure Corked Hat will be pleased to educate you all on his eventual return. He's a died in the wool Carlton supporter and they are an old club with a long and proud history. Regrettably they play in blue and there club initials are CFC so he's got a large and cumbersome cross to bear !

Hazey

If anyone is looking for a game here in London, come opn down to the Wimbledon Hawks (www.wimbledonhawks.com) and have a run about.  We play in a London based league with about 6 teams involved.

Half the team has to be from the EU as we are trying to introduce the game to asd many people as possible.

Even if you have never played before but would like to come and have a run about and train we can teach you all the skills you'll need in a friendly atmosphere with a great bunch of blokes.  We get the BBQ out at home games and our ground is located just across the road from Fulham's trainging ground in Motspur Park.

The season is run over the summer and we have just started a bit of pre season training so head to the website for details or drop me a PM here!

For those of you in The States and Canada you also have your own leagues over there, try googling it and get along for a game.

Keep on truckin'

Hazey
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club