watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockdale for No.1

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, March 09, 2014, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrie

stockdale's a perfect number 2 (not that number 2!)

aaronmcguigan

If you go by value, Stockdale was valued at 4m by Fulham last season which is why he is still here as Hull didnt want to pay the price.
Stekelenbergs reputation will mean some top flight team across Europe will make a move for him, Monchengladbach an example as they are losing ter Stegen to Barcelona.
Stockdale wont leave as the value FFC have on him is too big, but Id prefer a new keeper to come in for a fresh start, as  what Wigan done with Carson, and then let the plethora of keepers we have fight it out for number 2, Oberschmidt, Rodak, Norman, Joronen and Bettinelli

Not including Etheridge, as although hes a decent player, hes now 24 and nowhere closer to the first team as he was 5 years ago and still being loaned to league 1 and 2 teams

ross_bamping

Quote from: Nero on March 09, 2014, 11:31:34 AM
the problem isn't the keeper it the 10 idiots in front

8 idiots. Sidwell and Holtby have done well
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

JDH101

I can't believe this thread. Of all our problems on and off the field, our keeper is not one of them.

Scrumpy

Some very short memories on here. It wasn't that long ago that people were saying Stockdale should never play for the Club again. He has made some howlers, my heart is in my mouth whenever he has the ball, he does not command the area, he does not come out for crosses, his distribution is worse than Steks.

But at least he looks angry when he concedes! At least he is a nice bloke!

Jeez  :doh:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

filham

Letting Schwarzer leave and signing Stek is near the top of the mountain of mistakes that have been made at Fulham in the last couple of years.

Travers Barney

Quote from: filham on March 09, 2014, 07:55:12 PM
Letting Schwarzer leave and signing Stek is near the top of the mountain of mistakes that have been made at Fulham in the last couple of years.

100% agree with that Filham.
We are the whites

Admin

Being an x-keeper myself, both are relatively pants. Good shot stoppers on their day, but both don't command their back 4 and never come off their lines, putting more pressure on our defense. To be honest, I'd get rid of both, not particularly confident with either in goal.   

Travers Barney

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 09, 2014, 07:51:08 PM
Some very short memories on here. It wasn't that long ago that people were saying Stockdale should never play for the Club again. He has made some howlers, my heart is in my mouth whenever he has the ball, he does not command the area, he does not come out for crosses, his distribution is worse than Steks.

Jeez  :doh:
Scrumpy....The arrogant one is just as reluctant to leave his line as Stuckdale and pro-rata in terms of games has made far more mistakes....anyway Monday morning beckons and the inevitable jibes at the office...nice hat btw...coyw
We are the whites

Scrumpy

Quote from: Travers Barney on March 09, 2014, 08:24:26 PM

Jeez  :doh:
Scrumpy....The arrogant one is just as reluctant to leave his line as Stuckdale and pro-rata in terms of games has made far more mistakes....anyway Monday morning beckons and the inevitable jibes at the office...nice hat btw...coyw
You may be right, I haven't worked it out. (Just think, if we'd won I'd have to wear the lucky hat every week!)
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fulhampete

How good a team must Hull have been last season to have got promotion with this 'so called' dodgy keeper.

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on March 09, 2014, 11:23:21 AM
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on March 09, 2014, 11:08:00 AM
Given his commitment, given his standing in performances and his passion and desire to do well for this club I think he should be our no 1 spot. Steks is average at best and how he is dutch no 1 is beyond me. Van der sa was quality and deserved of the title of dutch No 1 but steks makes too many errors, blames his defence, has no command of his back 4 and has been the main contributing factor to our poor goal difference. Schwarzer had the same back 4 give or take, so there is something in it. A mistake yesterday, a costly mistake at wba away, ...stockdale in.

Are you saying that Stockdale is perfect and never makes mistakes?, i think yesterday a good few more may have gone in if it was not for him, the mistake yesterday was no one picking up the players at the far post

I've read this thread carefully and I haven't seen anyone say that Stockdale is perfect and never makes mistakes. As a matter of fact, in the 50 or so threads about Stockdale, I've never seen ANYONE say he's perfect and never makes mistakes.

With all the respect in the world for a fellow Fulham supporter, this type of retort is most appropriately expressed by a 5-year-old.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on March 10, 2014, 05:10:36 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 09, 2014, 11:23:21 AM
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on March 09, 2014, 11:08:00 AM
Given his commitment, given his standing in performances and his passion and desire to do well for this club I think he should be our no 1 spot. Steks is average at best and how he is dutch no 1 is beyond me. Van der sa was quality and deserved of the title of dutch No 1 but steks makes too many errors, blames his defence, has no command of his back 4 and has been the main contributing factor to our poor goal difference. Schwarzer had the same back 4 give or take, so there is something in it. A mistake yesterday, a costly mistake at wba away, ...stockdale in.

Are you saying that Stockdale is perfect and never makes mistakes?, i think yesterday a good few more may have gone in if it was not for him, the mistake yesterday was no one picking up the players at the far post

I've read this thread carefully and I haven't seen anyone say that Stockdale is perfect and never makes mistakes. As a matter of fact, in the 50 or so threads about Stockdale, I've never seen ANYONE say he's perfect and never makes mistakes.

With all the respect in the world for a fellow Fulham supporter, this type of retort is most appropriately expressed by a 5-year-old.

HD you know the point i was making and you gave an ok suitable answer then you have to go an spoil it all by an insulting comment at the end, WHY?, you did not need to do that, and to me it does not show any respect let alone all the respect in the world, it depresses me so much on this forum that some poster's on here cannot make a comeback without resulting to nasty and dare i say it childish comments.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FPT

Good shout, but I feel more comfortable with Maarten Stekelenburg in between the sticks, I know he's suspect for the goal at Cardiff and West Brom, but the saves he makes in the other 90 minutes are a class above David Stockdale... Stockdale for number one in the Championship though.

mangoputney

Jeez  :doh:

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation