more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chatroom feedback

Started by RidgeRider, January 30, 2010, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

JC,

Ok, so the 'swear word' masking engine still interrogates the insides of words, so words like: passes, passing, pass, passion, etc.. all get changed because it thinks someone is using the word 'a s s'
which of course they are not, so rather than look for words it seems to looks for just the three letter together regardless of context.

Also, the Chatroom routinely kicks members out on a first in, first out basis. my experience has been 3-4 times per game per person in the room. Seems to have nothing to do with volume of people but just does it. I believe the software must have a queue it keeps for who was in first and then adds to that list, and then when it decides to kick people out, it just kicks the person at the top of the list out. No idea why it thinks someone needs to be kicked out though. Have fun figuring that part out.

Jack

WhiteJC

Thanks for the feedback, I've got a few questions to figure out  ???

don't you just love confuzers  ;D

RidgeRider

JC,

I think the swear word masking engine probably has a profile option that gives you the option of interrogating the inside of words, possible to eliminate people using wildcards like *ass* to still get their bad word to post. May just be an option you can click on.

The other problem, the 'kickout' issue. I have no ideas for you.

Good luck.

Jack

Logicalman

RR,
Interesting theory on the Chat Room kicking people out.
If it was truly a FIFO then those that have already been kicked out would be returned at the top of the queue, and the latter ones moved down, and so, all would be kicked out in order, wouldn't they? Just a thought on the FIFO/FILO or LIFO/LILO principles.

The problem is, last time I was in there, I saw a number of the same people kicked out, and others left alone. Some of those kicked out were the early birds, and some late ones, which means it seemed to use different criteria, or they were not removed from the queue.

JC,
Is there a way to put a trace on the chat room to see what action is being taken when someone is kicked out? e.g., would the trace/log indicate whether there was a request to leave or whether it was generated inside the chat room somehow? I would imagine when a person closes their browser, then the chat IP received some command to remove them from the queue.

LBNo11

...could it be based on inactivity whilst in the chat-room..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RidgeRider

Quote from: Logicalman on February 01, 2010, 10:27:27 AM
RR,
Interesting theory on the Chat Room kicking people out.
If it was truly a FIFO then those that have already been kicked out would be returned at the top of the queue, and the latter ones moved down, and so, all would be kicked out in order, wouldn't they? Just a thought on the FIFO/FILO or LIFO/LILO principles.

The problem is, last time I was in there, I saw a number of the same people kicked out, and others left alone. Some of those kicked out were the early birds, and some late ones, which means it seemed to use different criteria, or they were not removed from the queue.

JC,
Is there a way to put a trace on the chat room to see what action is being taken when someone is kicked out? e.g., would the trace/log indicate whether there was a request to leave or whether it was generated inside the chat room somehow? I would imagine when a person closes their browser, then the chat IP received some command to remove them from the queue.

Tony, my observation was everyone was kicked out at some point but you know how good eyewitness accounts are in real life.  ;)

I did observe that it was rotating on some hybrid form of FIFO, because there was a pattern, my observation was, if you were first on the list (theoretically), then you were knocked out when the engine decided to knock someone out, and then everyone else moved up the queue or list, and when you came back in you after being knocked out, you were put at the bottom... this would now make you the last person in.

In reality it may not be exactly like this, but it seemed as though it did to me.

I haven't written code since 1993 so I can't be relied upon anymore. :)

HatterDon

and, BELIEVE ME, I'm not responding to any of the technical stuff above. There's just this.

Today was the second match day since the re-constituted chatroom became a reality that I visited the chatroom during the match. This was also the 2nd day that I got kicked out. This isn't unusual, since the FUSA chatroom is an exact duplicate of the one we're using and people lose their access -- including me -- periodically. What IS unique for FofF, though, is that once I'm kicked out, my entire browser freezes up and I have to hard crash the computer in order to reboot and get back into cyber world. During this period, I not only lose access to the chatroom, but I also lose all access to anything associated with the match -- in both cases, Gentleman Jim's dulcit play-by-play.

I came back today in hopes that the previous visit was a one-off, but now I'm convinced that the FofF chatroom is pretty much off limits for me. There was one thing that happened today that didn't happen in the previous visit -- my contributions were taking as long as 20 seconds to appear. Strange days indeed. Oh, and there was hardly anyone in the chatroom this morning as opposed to about 20 in the previous visit.

If this problem can be diagnosed and fixed -- and I remember to check back to find out -- then I'll be happy to revisit the chatroom. Otherwise, if I have to choose between 20-30 minutes in the chatroom followed by 10 minutes of no football at all ... .

Oh, and I'm a PC IE guy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

Quote from: HatterDon on March 14, 2010, 09:14:08 PM
Oh, and I'm a PC IE guy.

Not being sassy here, but you should drop IE like right now as a lot of sites don't like it. Firefox and Google Chrome will change your life for the best, and probably solve this bizarre issue.

Otherwise, I got little to complain about the chat zone.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

finnster01

Quote from: timmyg on March 15, 2010, 06:31:37 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 14, 2010, 09:14:08 PM
Oh, and I'm a PC IE guy.

Not being sassy here, but you should drop IE like right now as a lot of sites don't like it. Firefox and Google Chrome will change your life for the best, and probably solve this bizarre issue.

Otherwise, I got little to complain about the chat zone.
No it doesn't. I use Chrome and get kicked out just the same at least once in each half.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead