more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cottage Talk: Extra Time - Fulham vs Cardiff

Started by Russ Goldman, March 10, 2014, 11:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Goldman

Hi Everyone,

We recorded this one hour after the match so this was an emotional episode. I have rated it explicit. Please feel free to listen.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2014/3/8/5482914/cottage-talk-extra-time-fulham-vs-cardiff-city

LillieBoy

That was absolutely fantastic. If anyone has the time and inclination I URGE YOU to give this a listen.  :54:

Thank you so much Russ and please keep up the good work.  

:Haynes The Maestro:

Russ Goldman

Thank you so much for that. It is much appreciated. I think it is one of our best shows because the frustration is seriously there.

ToodlesMcToot

Russ, I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on continuing your show if we are indeed relegated.

I've only just found your show this season and have really enjoyed it. Thank you for cursing this latest episode. It's nice to hear that someone else has been "reduced to this" by our performances this season. I am not alone.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

SKSW6

Russ, just a suggestion, and sorry if it comes out as rude, but you could try not interrupting your co-hosts so often. Most of the time you seem to interrupt them only to repeat what they have just said/were in the middle of saying.

aFFCn_Fan

I try to get to the pre-match ones, but often don't get the time, so the post match ones are really where I get most value. Like Toodles, I've only found the podcast recently, in fact the past month or so. And I do enjoy it. Well done.

Being an inquisitive soul, is there anyway we can tweet/DM/email you questions in advance?

BTW, who of your co-hosts is here on FOF?

@hincharoo

LillieBoy

Excuse my ignorance but how exactly does it all work?  Was that a regular panel?  :group hug:  Is it a web conference?  A Pirate Radio Station devoted to FFC?   :033:   A bunch of fans in a quiet pub with a tape recorder?    082.gif

:023:

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: LillieBoy on March 10, 2014, 04:31:31 PM

Excuse my ignorance but how exactly does it all work?  Was that a regular panel?  :group hug:  Is it a web conference?  A Pirate Radio Station devoted to FFC?   :033:   A bunch of fans in a quiet pub with a tape recorder?    082.gif

:023:

If I'm not mistaken, most if not all of Russ' guests reside in different cities and countries and they use Skype to set up their webconference for their discussions. The conference call is recorded and posted as a podcast.

At least that what it seems from Russ' description of events during some of the episodes I've listened to.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

Very good. I agree with most of what was being said. As has been stated on here, we all seem to know what is wrong but the Fulham management don't.

JIMMY D

I love this podcast. It's going to be hard to do the show next season not being able to watch games on TV. What a shame. :(

Russ Goldman

I appreciate the feedback and criticism and will try very hard not to interrupt them. Honestly did not realize I did that too much but I know I have so I will work on that.

Quote from: SKSW6 on March 10, 2014, 03:32:04 PM
Russ, just a suggestion, and sorry if it comes out as rude, but you could try not interrupting your co-hosts so often. Most of the time you seem to interrupt them only to repeat what they have just said/were in the middle of saying.

Russ Goldman

Where there is a will there is a way. I am hoping that they still broadcast Gentleman Jim so I can at least listen to it.

quote author=JIMMY D link=topic=37696.msg507813#msg507813 date=1394481190]
I love this podcast. It's going to be hard to do the show next season not being able to watch games on TV. What a shame. :(
[/quote]

Russ Goldman

I will cross that bridge when we come to it and hopefully there will at least be radio for the matches.
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 10, 2014, 02:54:46 PM
Russ, I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on continuing your show if we are indeed relegated.

I've only just found your show this season and have really enjoyed it. Thank you for cursing this latest episode. It's nice to hear that someone else has been "reduced to this" by our performances this season. I am not alone.

Russ Goldman

Thank you seriously for listening.

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on March 10, 2014, 03:38:21 PM
I try to get to the pre-match ones, but often don't get the time, so the post match ones are really where I get most value. Like Toodles, I've only found the podcast recently, in fact the past month or so. And I do enjoy it. Well done.

Being an inquisitive soul, is there anyway we can tweet/DM/email you questions in advance?

Fullofham

For fellow Americans, BeIn Sports shows some Championship games, and there are always "alternate" means of watching games, though Championship games are a bit harder to nab.

Great podcast. Sad days when an optimist talks like you did Russ! Consider a few more explicit episodes, if we continue on this course, ha.

Russ Goldman

BeIn Sport does show several Championship matches and I will worry about that in June. Right now I am still focused on this season and yes I am not optimistic but I will still have that glimmer of hope until we are mathematically relegated.

quote author=Fullofham link=topic=37696.msg507839#msg507839 date=1394484119]
For fellow Americans, BeIn Sports shows some Championship games, and there are always "alternate" means of watching games, though Championship games are a bit harder to nab.

Great podcast. Sad days when an optimist talks like you did Russ! Consider a few more explicit episodes, if we continue on this course, ha.
[/quote]

Russ Goldman

I am not sure which of my co-hosts are on Friends of Fulham.

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on March 10, 2014, 03:38:21 PM