watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR moving to London - Advice needed

Started by something_amusing, March 12, 2014, 02:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

something_amusing

Hi All. Need some advice on good/relatively cheap places to live in London. The girlfriend and myself are looking to rent/house share in London somewhere it would be easy enough so I can to commute to Hemel Hempstead during the week, and be close enough to the centre of London so my girlfriend can get on the tube for any any last minute auditions (Actress type...I never win an argument).

I am not great with the different areas of London so would appreciate any advice.

PS...COYW!!! 049:gif

H4usuallysitting

Haynes

something_amusing

£800 between the two of us. seen a lot in our price range, just trying to work out an area where it would work for the both of us. looked at mill hill, collindale, hendon, finchley, ealing and a few more in west london.

As long as its not too far from Hemel and close enough to central London then im happy

DukeTyrion

Watford?

Close to Hemel and good train links into London (Underground and Overground)

something_amusing

Quote from: DukeTyrion on March 12, 2014, 03:21:04 PM
Watford?

Close to Hemel and good train links into London (Underground and Overground)

Watford was my first suggestion. The better half said pointless as may aswell stay where we are as its not much further (live in Dunstable) and i agree with her. needs to be in london.

Cheers for the suggestion though

epsomraver

You can rent a 2 bedroom flat in a nice part of  Epsom for £ 800 ,yes there are some before someone say it,  35 minutes to waterloo, Laines drama school and the UCA as well, ideal for what you are looking for

Patrick

Watford.. for sure...transport etc.....but Pinner is very nice too....

win-dup

Quote from: Patrick on March 12, 2014, 05:59:52 PM
Pinner is indeed a very nice area, I live there. Great transport links into London on the Met from Pinner or the Picc and Met from Rayners Lane or Eastcote. Good for driving to Hemel too depending on what time you are travelling. And there's at least three Fulham supporters in the area.

jarv

I am led to believe Shepherds Bush is pretty cheap. Well, it was once.

Baider

Quote from: win-dup on March 12, 2014, 06:45:00 PM
Quote from: Patrick on March 12, 2014, 05:59:52 PM
Pinner is indeed a very nice area, I live there. Great transport links into London on the Met from Pinner or the Picc and Met from Rayners Lane or Eastcote. Good for driving to Hemel too depending on what time you are travelling. And there's at least three Fulham supporters in the area.

How odd! I'm also from Pinner, well Eastcote to be precise.

But in terms of renting in London, I'd suggest around here. 30 mins into Baker Street on the Met line and 10 minutes from the M25/M40. For £800pcm you would struggle to find a two bed anywhere on the London Underground (possibly Chalfont you would). I work in lettings in Uxbridge and the average nice two bed goes for £1100/1200pcm, in Pinner you are looking at £1400 for the same quality. The futher down the metropolitan line you go (getting closer to Central) the higher the prices go really. In Shepherds Bush you will be paying £800 per week!!

If you need any advice though let me know I could be of some help!

something_amusing

Thanks guys. Pinner does look a very nice area. will probably be looking at house share as works out a fair bit cheaper. hopefully don't end up with a qpr fan or a serial killer.

on a side note if anybody has a spare house/flat/studio/room or shed in Fulham... feel free let me live on the cheap!

Nero

Quote from: something_amusing on March 12, 2014, 08:11:12 PM
Thanks guys. Pinner does look a very nice area. will probably be looking at house share as works out a fair bit cheaper. hopefully don't end up with a qpr fan or a serial killer.

on a side note if anybody has a spare house/flat/studio/room or shed in Fulham... feel free let me live on the cheap!

There quite a nice cottage on the Stevenage Road due to fall dramatically in price in the next few weeks, the owners out of town and might let you live there rent free if you look after it for him.