more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lewis Holtby - Class act

Started by Black, White and Fred, March 12, 2014, 08:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p9GwGHdeaSQ

What a player and what a great professional. He is the best one out there each week and after watching his post match interview I cant help but wish we had 10 of him out there (don't know how well he would do between the sticks). His passion for the club and appreciation of the fans is outstanding. The thing I am most going miss at the end of the season is him in the Fulham white.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Flupp

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

FFC Sydney

One of the few that has fight and enthusiasm. Good enough for the Class of '08.

Dodger53

Are you sure? I liked him at first but really have we seen enough of him - He cannot get into a poor Spurs side. All of them play well when their contracts are up for renewal hence Sidwells improvement of late - Rene stopped all talk of renewing his contract until our fate was resolved  and his form improved considerably - Brede and Duff went of the boil as soon as their contracts were renewed. Lewis is fighting for his PL career and reputation and it shows - if only the rest were doing the same. He does look better than the rest who are pulling on our club shirt at present but hey look at the rest!

JDH101

I just wish we could have stayed up. I think we would have had a realistic shot at keeping him.

Admin

Let's not all be fooled, he is at the end of the day a footballer, not stupid, he knows Fulham are on the way down, his days at Spurs are up, he's putting himself in the shop window. Such a nice lad that Holtby..

HatterDon

I think you're writing Holtby off a little early. Tottenham overbought in attacking midfield players before this season, and Holtby wasn't getting the time that he got the previous season. But he offers what a club that has top-4 ambitions needs to close out games. He was a very good 60-75 minute sub, bringing on loads of energy and aggression.

Once Spuds off load some of the unnecessary transfers in that they now have, I wouldn't be surprised to see Holtby go back to being the super sub shock troop. Remember, they didn't let him go out on loan because he was poor -- they did it to help him get into the Germany squad for Brazil.

He won't play for us after this season, but I think he'll stay in London.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PokerMatt

Quote from: Admin on March 12, 2014, 07:02:20 PM
Let's not all be fooled, he is at the end of the day a footballer, not stupid, he knows Fulham are on the way down, his days at Spurs are up, he's putting himself in the shop window. Such a nice lad that Holtby..

That's a bit cynical for me. If it was that simple why aren't the rest of our squad putting themselves in the shop window? Holtby's quality is known, he doesn't need to sell himself as he won't be short of offers.

For me he's just enjoying the chance to play the game he loves and while he's here will put in 100%. Fine by me. I'm a huge fan of his.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Deanothefulhamfan

Huge fan of Holtby..... He is one of a select few who actually give a damn about the club I love.

That for me speaks wonders

General

He just wears his heart on his sleeve and has clearly given thought to what it means to be a pro footballer - also seems like a genuinely likeable guy. I want to see more of him and Kvist in the run in...

Barrett487

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 12, 2014, 07:42:39 PM
Quote from: Admin on March 12, 2014, 07:02:20 PM

That's a bit cynical for me. If it was that simple why aren't the rest of our squad putting themselves in the shop window? Holtby's quality is known, he doesn't need to sell himself as he won't be short of offers.

For me he's just enjoying the chance to play the game he loves and while he's here will put in 100%. Fine by me. I'm a huge fan of his.
:plus one: