Saturday Fulham Stuff (15/03/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 15, 2014, 07:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Β 
The FourFourTwo Preview: Fulham vs Newcastle

Premier League | Craven Cottage | Sat 15 Mar | 3pm

Billed as
The match Alan Pardew definitely won't be at this weekend.

The lowdown
Oh boy, where to start. To call the last few weeks of Fulham and Newcastle's respective seasons eventful would be an understatement.

The headline moment was, of course, Newcastle manager Pardew noggin-nudging Hull midfielder David Meyler during his team's previous Premier League match, but there has been madness at Fulham too, with the previously sane west London club rattling through managers like most clubs rattle through unpaid social media interns.

Pardew has this week been handed a record seven-game ban –consisting of a three-game stadium ban, then a four-game touchline ban. In the possible confusion, Fulham's latest manager Felix Magath will be aiming for his first Premier League win – if he doesn't get it, his team could be well and truly jiggered.

Last weekend's defeat at Cardiff leaves the Cottagers four points adrift of safety (effectively five, given their woeful goal difference), and although that may not sound too huge a gap, they face Manchester City and Everton in the following two matches. Picking up points this time around are an absolute must.

Despite Pardew's absence, this still may not be a good time to face Newcastle. After a nightmare run that saw them lose 3-0 to Sunderland and Chelsea and 4-0 to Tottenham, the Magpies enter this match on the back of successive wins – 1-0 over Aston Villa and 4-1 at Hull. That win at the KC Stadium saw the Toon soak up the pressure and hit their hosts on the break, and with the likes of Loic Remy and Moussa Sissoko bringing pace and power, they'll be well equipped to do the same again this weekend.

Team news
Fulham are likely to be without defender Fernando Amorebieta (muscle injury) and midfielders Scott Parker (knee), Damien Duff (duff knee) and William Kvist (knee). Ashkan Dejagah will face a fitness test.

Newcastle could be without Davide Santon (knee), Hatem Ben Arfa (knock) and Gabriel Obertan (knee) and will definitely be without Loic Remy (calf) and Mathieu Debuchy (groin) for at least three matches. Fabricio Coloccini is set to return, having been given compassionate leave due to a family bereavement.

Player to watch: Steve Sidwell (Fulham)
One of the few bright spots of Fulham's season has been the form of Sidwell. The former Reading, Chelsea and Aston Villa midfielder has scored seven goals this term – his best tally since the Royals' record-breaking promotion campaign of 2005/06.

But it's not just goalscoring that the carrot-topped scrapper brings to the table – he's a diligent passer, a competitive tackler and an intelligent interceptor. This was all highlighted in the defeat at Cardiff, when he was one of only a couple of Fulham players to emerge with any credit. He completed 51 passes (a game high), 4 tackles (more than any other Fulham player), 3 interceptions (a game high), won 6 aerial duels (a game high), and made 5 clearances (errrrm, only seven fewer than Brede Hangeland...)

The managers
Sadly, this won't be a meeting of the Penfold lookalike and Dangermouth, given Pardew will be watching the match on a dodgy stream from his hotel room (assuming he can't find a more interesting way to spend two hours alone with the internet). Instead, Newcastle's assistant manager John Carver will patrol the visiting technical area. He has previous when it comes to acting as Newcastle's boss, as he was caretaker for one solitary match following the sacking of Bobby Robson in August 2004. Carver's side won that Premier League clash with Blackburn Rovers 3-0.

His record on the touchline since hasn't been quite so good. In eight matches as caretaker of Leeds and Sheffield United, he won just twice, while his win ratio during his 14 months as head coach of Toronto FC was just 30%. Still, he did square up to Callum McManaman at Wigan, so Pardew might not be missed after all.

Facts and figures
Fulham have won their last 4 home matches against Newcastle.

4 of Fulham's 33 home matches since the start of last season have had at least 3 goals.

Fulham have scored in 10 of 11 home games against middle-third teams since 2012/13 but they've lost 7 times, including four 1-2 defeats.

Newcastle have won 7 away games this season – more than both Liverpool and Man City.
8 of Newcastle's last 10 trips to bottom-six teams have had at least 3 goals.

Best Bet: Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.00
More FFT Stats Zone facts β€’ Find the best odds with Bet Butler

FourFourTwo prediction
No headbutts, some goals. Fulham to win 2-1.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwo-preview-fulham-vs-newcastle#3a4R75xBSVzurfsP.99

WhiteJC

Β 
Holtby could be Fulham's key man as they look to upset Newcastle

Fulham remain bottom of the pile in the Premier League after losing their relegation six-pointer with Cardiff City at the weekend.charlie-mcCann_Aff

Felix Magath's side remain four points adrift of West Brom in 18th and six points off Crystal Palace in 17th.

The Whites are now 10/11 to finish bottom and 1/7 to be relegated to the Championship.

If they are to turn things around then a result against Newcastle is vital on Saturday.

Magpies manager Alan Pardew won't be in the away dugout after receiving a Β£100,000 fine and seven-game ban by the FA and this could be the break that the Whites have been crying out for.

Fulham are 85/40 underdogs with BetVictor, Newcastle 7/5 and the draw 12/5 and despite Newcastle winning their last two they had previously lost their last three and remain vulnerable.

Lewis Holtby scored away at the Bluebirds last week and looks a good shout at 16/1 to punish the Magpies and score the opener.

Similarly, the 5/1 for the German international to score anytime looks far, far too big – tuck in accordingly.

Chelsea, the new 5/6 favourites for the title after a 4-0 demolition of London rivals Spurs, are 8/15 to continue their great form and beat Aston Villa on Saturday.

They are now unbeaten in 76 games home league games under boss Jose Mourinho, who heads the betting for March's Premier League League Manager of the Month award at 5/2.

Star player Eden Hazard has attracted similar support and has been cut to 6/1 with BetVictor to be the player of the month after yet another vintage performance.

Chelsea can build on their lead at the top when they visit Villa, who are 6/1 to cause the upset with the draw 3/1.

Villa beat Norwich 4-1 a fortnight ago but they often come a cropper against the big boys.

Chelsea should run out ready winners and the 5/4 for them in the half-time/full-time market with BetVictor looks far too big.

They should be able to follow up with Galatasaray's arrival at the Bridge on Tuesday, in the side's Champions League last-16 second leg and we make them 1/6 to qualify for the quarter-finals.

The Blues are 4/11 to win on the night, the Turkish visitors 15/2 and the draw 19/5.

It should be a comfortable victory back on home soil, the 2-0 correct score appealing most at 6/1.

At the time of writing Chelsea are 14/1 for the Champions League and likely to shorten further should they, as predicted, move smoothly into the next round.

For all your weekend odds check out betvictor.com.

Be lucky.

Charlie

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/football-wls-lewis-holtby-key-fulham-look-upset-alan-pardews-newcastle

WhiteJC

Β 
Craven Corner: Newcastle is the last chance for Fulham to survive

Our Fulham blogger believes that defeat to Newcastle could mean the end to the Whites' survival hopes.

Fulham welcome Newcastle to the Cottage tomorrow afternoon and we have to realise that this will be a tough game even if they are without Loic Remy & Mathieu Debuchy.

I believe that this is probably our last chance to survive, a win here and results go our way we can still survive and this is possible!

So what can we expect from Newcastle? Well, Pardew won't be on the touchline but they are a strong, powerful team and still possess a lot of pace on the counter - something Fulham have struggled to defend throughout the season.

Moussa Sissoko and Cheick Tiote will be incredibly physical in the middle of the park then Yoann Gouffran & Luuk De Jong will look to turn our central defenders.

But they are missing Remy, their top goal scorer and with Debuchy out we must go all out attack.

I still have my doubts over Felix Magath and his team selections but I think he will stick with the 4-4-2 we saw in the last game but Darren Bent will replace Cauley Woodrow up top.

I think Bent would work much better alongside another striker who can hold the ball up as it would allow him to make them runs behind and finish, something he's always done well in his career.

Kostas Mitroglou would have had another week's worth training so he should be fitter too.

Fernando Amorebieta is rumoured to be in contention too, so I'd like push Kieran Richardson back into left midfield and start Amorebieta at left back. I have grown to like the Venezuelan at left back the more I have seen of him, he's starting to settle and he's our best option as he's not afraid to get stuck in because of his central defender roots.

I think we need to choose an attacking line up and with Pajtim Kasami playing central and alongside Steve Sidwell would be perfect.

I've always felt that Kasami is the guy to play in the role that Mousa Dembele once did for us, he has the same attacking presence, balance yet he isn't afraid to do the defensive work.

Parker would be far too defensive to play in this game and Kvist, I think he's great but I think it's time that Kasami became a central figure and a key part of the midfield.

You will notice that I've left Lewis Holtby out, but I have the feeling that Magath will play him on the right side of midfield on Saturday and that's a position I feel he is wasted in.

Holtby is perfect for the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1, but as I feel that Magath will stick to 4-4-2 I'd like to see us try Sidwell and Kasami in the middle as Holtby and Kasami could be vulnerable.

I love Holtby though, don't get me wrong, I think he's been sensational and what we've needed but Magath has dropped him before (remember that against Chelsea?).

I prefer the 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 setup and it's the formation that suits us the most. Holtby playing just behind Mitroglou would be perfect but I can't see it happening, maybe Magath will prove me wrong!

I'm going to be brave though and predict a 2-0 win for Fulham, Mitroglou and Richardson to score.

This could be the result we've desperately needed and Magath's first win. It's a big ask, and I know that most fans are downhearted after recent performances, but we can still do it. Still believe guys! COYW's!

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/craven_corner_newcastle_is_the_last_chance_for_fulham_to_survive_1_3435240

WhiteJC

Β 
Magath: I Hate To Lose

Fulham's winless run is giving Manager Felix Magath sleepless nights, as the German eagerly searches for his first three points in the job.

The Whites have gained just one point under Magath, and he admitted it can be difficult to switch off after suffering a disappointing result.

"I always hate to lose so I have problems when we lose like last Saturday," he explained. "The night after I get back I don't get much sleep.

"I always stay awake late after every defeat and think about it. I worry about it. After a match it takes time but I've done the job for a long time so I know how to manage it. For me there are no problems, I can handle this situation. I'm fine and I think it will be fine."

Everyone associated with Fulham is hoping that Magath can enjoy a peaceful night's rest following victory over Newcastle United on Saturday.

It's a match where three points is the minimum target, but the Whites boss insisted that the fight will continue regardless of the result.

"Every manager will tell you the next game will be the most important game," he said. "We have to win the next game and, until now, we have not been able to win a game, so we have to win tomorrow.

"The next game is always the most important game and you always have to win. Sure, we only have nine games and it's better to win tomorrow than to lose but you cannot promise the win, you cannot do that. We have to try and, sure, we'll get the chance to win tomorrow but, if not, it goes on."

Nobody predicted that Fulham's starting strikeforce last week would consist of Cauley Woodrow and Kostas Mitroglou, and Magath kept the media guessing when he was asked if the pair would start up front again for the visit of the Magpies, insisting: "I don't know. I have to think about it and I will decide on Saturday."

Magath had previously stated that a relegation fight was not the right time to blood youngsters, but asked if he would be prepared to throw them in during the final nine matches, he stated: "Sure. First I give the experienced players a chance but, if it doesn't work, I have to.

"I'm convinced Cauley Woodrow will have a future here and I think in Patrick Roberts we have an extraordinary talent here. They are players for the future."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/march/15/magath-i-hate-to-lose?

WhiteJC

Β 
Alan Pardew will be allowed to phone his bench at Fulham today

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew may still keep his distance despite the FA giving him to go ahead to contact John Carver

Alan Pardew is allowed to contact his bench at Craven Cottage today despite being banned from the stadium.

The Newcastle United manager admitted this week he wasn't fully aware of all the rules regarding his FA punishment, apart from the fact this afternoon's Premier League match at Fulham is his first of a three-match ban before the four-game touchline ban comes into play.

Pardew claimed he would not attempt to contact John Carver during the match, preferring to keep out of the way altogether.

However, he would be allowed to do just that because the FA admit they couldn't police it.

The ban is about taking the 52-year-old away from the environment where he put himself into trouble in the first place.

Pardew will watch the match at the team's hotel where he will deliver his team talk at noon before the players travel across London to face struggling Fulham.

The temptation to contact anyone on the touchline during the 90 minutes, or at half-time, might prove too much for the manager, even if he is trying to turn over a new leaf and take himself out of the front lone action.

He does, however, have complete faith in Carver, who will be manager for the entirety of the game. Pardew said: "John's naturally vocal in the changing room so that is not going to change.

"I think the change for John will be we can't guarantee what their team will be. So at 2pm that side will come in and John is going to have some tactical calls on their team.

"We can predict their team, we're usually 99 per cent right but there are always one or two players who might come in and surprise you. John will have to make that decision."

Carver can be a fiery character himself, although suggestions he will struggle to control himself are grossly unfair.

Pardew has no fear his right hand man will be able to keep calm no matter what happens on the fied.

Asked if he will have to watch himself, Pardew added: "I think all my team do.

"Some of the reporting about myself and my team was over the top, but having said that we can't say we have been totally innocent, even before this incident, so we need to address our behaviour."

Newcastle would pick up their eighth win on the road in the Premier League if they beat a Fulham side this afternoon who look doomed to the drop.

Pardew is rightly proud of this record.

He said: "It comes from having a good game-plan away from home, having good pace in the team – which we have and which was a real problem for Hull – and sometimes a bit of luck, which we have had in certain away games.

"It's a shame it has not been reflected at home in the same manner because our home form has been patchy and we are looking to improve that even though, after Palace, we have two really tricky games."

Striker Loic Remy gave an interview this week in which he mentioned his desire to play for a top-five club.

Pardew was untroubled by the comments of a player who will be keenly missed this afternoon.

Remy has scored 13 times this season and is likely to get his wish and sign for a Champions League side when his loan deals at Newcastle runs out in the summer.

Pardew added: "I wouldn't expect him to say anything less.

"Of course he comes out of the limelight now, but what he has done for us has been terrific and I can't speak highly enough about him."

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-allowed-phone-bench-6836025?

WhiteJC

Β 
Felix Magath reveals why Fulham are in a relegation dogfight

Over-confidence has put Fulham in a position where they are deemed likely to go down, according to manager Felix Magath.

The Whites have been bottom of the Premier League since a 3-0 defeat to Southampton in early February and the west Londoners are four points adrift of safety with a vastly inferior goal difference with nine games left.

And the German revealed that the 'easy on paper' run-in has given the squad confidence that they can survive.

Fulham have five home games left against Newcastle (today), Everton (March 30), Norwich (April 12), Hull (April 26) and Crystal Palace (May 11)

Their four remaining away games are at Manchester City (March 22), Aston Villa (April 5), Tottenham (April 19) and Stoke (May 3).

And Magath believes that the squad tempted fate by confidently predicting survival.

"In the last days or weeks they tell me they have 12 games left or they have an easy schedule so we are able to manage this," he said.

"I think that was tempting fate by being too secure."

He added: "They always said we have 12 games and games are not so difficult.

"We have to win the next game and we are not able to win the game and we have to win tomorrow."

Magath had targeted six wins from 12 when he took over at Craven Cottage but only has one draw from his first three matches.

While there are six winnable fixtures in those games, the fact that the club would have to double their victory tally, it looks difficult.

Asked whether the players have woken up to the situation they find themselves in, Magath said: "I hope so. The whole season they haven't realised that they are on the bottom of the table.

"It works step by step and nobody at the beginning of the season nobody thought about it. The team was not built for a fight against relegation.

"Sometimes you are sure that you make the right decisions and only have bad luck or injury problems. You don't realise that the situation is serious. It takes a long time."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/felix_magath_reveals_why_fulham_are_in_a_relegation_dogfight_1_3435331

WhiteJC

Β 
A Win At Fulham Is Vital To Get Back On Track

After all of the rubbish that has been said and written about our club, and in particular about our manager, since our 4-1 victory away to Hull City, a win at Fulham is essential to get us back on track and focussed again on what is important – the football.

It's difficult to find many reports about the excellent job the lads did at Hull.
Yet we beat a good Premier League side by a significant margin, on their own turf, with an excellent all-round performance that was scintillating at times.

Sadly the reporting immediately after the game, and ever since really, has concentrated on what has laughingly been called a "head butt" by people who've probably never seen a proper one in their lives.

In Fulham we face a side who are bottom of the league with a defence that has leaked 65 goals in 29 games and an attack which has struggled to average more than a goal a game.

Fortunately for Fulham we go into this game without the most potent of our on-loan strikers as QPR's Loic Remy returned from international duty with France carrying an injury.

Striking duties will therefore probably fall to our other on-loan striker Luuk De Jong of Borussia MΓΆnchengladbach, who is in the papers today saying he'd like to get a permanent deal at United.

Better start scoring some goals asap then bonny lad!

Having said that of course, Alan Pardew has shown a tendency lately to pick Papiss Demba Cisse – who does belong to us – ahead of De Jong in the hope he might start scoring goals again.

Presumably this fielding of Cisse is with a view to increasing his saleable value in the summer when our illustrious owner wants more cash.

Remy's fellow french international Mathieu Debuchy, who also does belong to us – at least for now – also came back from international duty hobbling, so a reshuffle of the defence is needed.

As luck would have it though, inspirational skipper Fabricio Coloccini is available again so Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is likely to be moved out to right back.

For Alan Pardew this afternoon's Premier League match at Fulham is his first of a three-match stadium ban before a further four-game touchline ban comes into play.

Not sure how effective these bans are as apparently he'll be watching a live stream in a hotel and will be able to phone his assistant John Carver in the dugout to bark out some wisdom and instructions.

For those of us who thought the media campaign against our manager after the "heed-smooch" with the Hull player was way over the top, that sounds like poetic justice.

Pardew can still run things from afar without running the risk of being publicly pilloried for his every move by the watching media.

We need to win this game. A good performance and a good result here will go a long way to getting us back on track and forcing the media to once again focus on our football.

After all – football is what it's all about, isn't it?

http://www.utd111.co.uk/blog/2014/03/15/a-win-at-fulham-is-vital-to-get-back-on-track/?

WhiteJC

Β 
Doomed? Fulham's best chance of staying up is to accept they are going down

Fulham's German midfielder Lewis Holtby celebrates scoring (Picture: Getty Images)
The idea of accepting relegation in order to stay up might be a difficult one to get your head around, but allow me to explain.

The one outstanding factor of this season, that has plagued us week-in-week-out, is the fear of losing. It's seen us concede more goals and capitulate in more second half performances than is deemed physically possible for a team not destined to be relegated.

I've previously mentioned complacency as a major factor in our decline, and I stand by this sentiment, but I also believe that fear, which stems from being complacent and getting caught out unexpectedly, has also had a detrimental effect.

How a team with sought after professionals like Dimitar Berbatov, Brede Hangeland and Marteen Stekelenburg can plummet from such grace defies initial belief, but when you consider the fact that they were blighted by every footballers kryptonite – a lack of confidence – it's perhaps not so shocking.

After starting well with an unfamiliar away win at Sunderland, Fulham began to slowly spiral into the abyss and as confusion surrounding why a team with the aforementioned players were struggling with the basics, doubt and then fear started to creep into and embed itself within the changing room walls.

And the evidence for this is apparent everywhere you look. In Premier League years gone by, Fulham have always relied on their home form to get results, but have picked up more points on the road this year.

The pressure of having to win at the Cottage has proved too much for the confidence-stripped team, and while the rare solace of an away game – like at Old Trafford, where the same expectancy levels aren't present – has brought about better results, they are still too few and far between.

This weekend we face a Newcastle side who have fluctuated in form of late – a great team to be facing in our current circumstance.

Fulham's Steve Sidwell reacts after losing against Cardiff City (Picture: Reuters)
With Alan Pardew's assistant John Carver and first team coach Steve Stone taking the place of the banned manager, Newcastle, who have very little to play for in terms of moving upwards or downwards in the table, may be in a slightly more vulnerable state.

If we approach the game the way we have approached every other home game this season – like we have to win it because we've got good players, we're playing at the Cottage and we're in danger of being relegated – then, we'll probably lose it.

But if, however, we approach it with a sense of fearless freedom – like a newly promoted team who have nothing to lose except not taking the opportunity to enjoy playing football in the Premier League to its fullest, then we stand half a chance.

Fear, as aforesaid, has completely blighted us this season, and the only way we are going to stabilise our decline is if we start playing without responsibility.

It's only once the fear of playing in a relegation battle has subsided – by us accepting we're no longer in one – and we introduce a new, positive mind-frame, that we can once again re-enter the dogfight, and potential survive.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/15/doomed-fulhams-best-chance-of-staying-up-is-to-accept-they-are-going-down-4562879/?

WhiteJC

Β 
Goals expected at Craven Cottage

Fulham and Newcastle have seen just two goalless draws in 69 meetings [Action Images]

Goals are expected at Craven Cottage this afternoon with just two goalless draws between Fulham and Newcastle United in 69 meetings.

The last time the two sides played out a goalless draw was in November 2010 at St James' Park while the over also came on Tyneside in 1979.

It means that, every time Fulham and Newcastle have met in London, goals have been scored and, with the two sides set to do battle for a 70th time when they meet at Craven Cottage, the smart money would be on the strikers to get the better of opposing goalkeepers.

Fulham suffered a 3-1 defeat in a big clash at the bottom of the table to Cardiff City, leaving the Cottagers rooted to the bottom of the Premier League, while Newcastle have got back on track by winning their last two games, but will be without manager Alan Pardew who serves the first of a three-match stadium ban.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/43252-goals-expected-at-craven-cottage.php#.UyQ5rlwdObA

WhiteJC

Β 
FULHAM FANS' THOUGHTS AHEAD OF THE MATCH

I went over to the Friends of Fulham forum and they were a great bunch, although they didn't like the wording of question two. I really should start to change the wording of questions depending on how the side is doing. Anyway here are the questions:

1 – How do you think you'll line up?
2 – How has Fulham's season gone so far? Happy?
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed?
4 – What are your views on the appointment of Felix Magath? Was it right to sack Rene Meulensteen?
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
6 – Where do you think Fulham will finish now?
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?
9 – Scoreline prediction?
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?

Ordar

No idea as Felix doesnt seem to have a clue of his best line up, nor of what tactics he should be playing. The team most people want us to play is something like:

β€”β€”β€”Stekelenburg.......
Reither–Heitinga–Burn–Riise
Dejagah–Kvist–Sidwell–Richardson
β€”β€”β€”β€”-Holtbyβ€”β€”β€”-
β€”β€”β€”Mitroglouβ€”β€”β€”-

This season has been nothing short of a disaster, which many of us saw coming when Jol wasnt let go in the summer.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed? Biggest surprise –
Richardson's return to form when played in position. Disappointment – playing staff wise probably Hangeland no longer being able to jump, pass etc. From a club standpoint. Macintosh would be the overwhelming answer

4 – What are your views on the appointment of Felix Magath? Was it right to sack Rene Meulensteen?
Personally I dont think things would be much different had Meulensteen had stayed as we produced some dire performances with him in charge. Magath was a last roll of the dice which just hasnt worked. Baffling team selections and tactics

We have no key players. Remy and Ben Arfa are always dangerous

Bottom

I'll say 8th but I cant say I've looked too much at the top half

Top 6 Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs Man U. Bottom 3 Palace Cardiff Fulham

1-3

A leak....as our defence is just that

FPT

Stekelenburg
Riether Heitinga Hangeland Riise
Dejagah Parker Sidwell Richardson
Holtby
Mitroglou

Appallingly. 2 wins for each manager we've had this season.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed?
Steve Sidwell will win our player of the season, which for me sums up our lack of quality. Dan Burn has also done well. Alex Kacaniklic has been very poor.

I don't care any more. I don't like Magath so far, we keep lumping the ball forward, his tactical decisions have been odd. I don't think (like others do) that Rene was just beginning to turn it around, what he was doing was chucking 11 men behind the ball and hoping we can score on the counter.

Lewis Holtby for us, Loic Remy for you.

20th.

Top 8 would be a good season, 8th or 9th I think for you.

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Everton

18. Cardiff
19. West Brom
20. Fulham

Fulham 1-2 Newcastle

Spinach.

elgreenio

Stek

Riether
Heitinga
Hangeland
Richardson

Dejagah
Sidwell
Parker
Kacaniklic

Holtby

Mitroglou

horrible

biggest surprise has been Sidwell, thought we would let him go every year but he keeps coming back and showign just how average everyone else in the team is. Sascha Riether has massively disappointed this year.

basically just appointed Jol mk.II, without the potential for a big twinings sponsorship. Meulensteen should never have got the job in the first place but i'd be happier with him in charge as he showed a bit of umph.

Lewis Holtby if he gets in the game, provides a lot going forward for us. For you, anybody who can head a ball from a corner, probably Coloccini who should bag himself a few.

20th

in that void between 8th and 15th.

the Top 7 minus Spurs. We'll take WBA and Norwich with us.

Fulham 1-4 Newcastle

Tomato? trying our hardest to be a football club without actually being one

Classic94

No idea. I'd like to see: Stekelenberg, Reither, Heitinga, Burn, Riise, Sidwell, Kvist, Dejagah, Holtby, Richardson, Mitroglou

Absolutely abysmal from start to finish.

Sidwell has been our best player by a country mile. Stekelenburg & Richardson have been good, Parker & Kasami have faded, one or two others have shown glimpses, but the vast majority have been an embarrassment. A special mention to Darren Bent who has been a spectacular flop.

Rene was popular but his inexperience told. Magath's appointment was the last throw of the dice and it looks as if we've drawn a blank.

Holtby is influential. Remy & Ben Arfa for you.

Bottom. We lack quality everywhere – particularly in defence.

Top half, maybe 8th.

Top 6: Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United.
Bottom 3: Us, Cardiff, West Brom.

1-3. We'll rally for a while but get blown away as usual.

Looking at our defence, I'd have to go with a leek.

Burt

With Stek, Riether, Heitinga, Burn, Riise, Richardson, Sidwell, Kvist, Dejagah, Holtby, the Trog.

Delighted! Our most successful for ages... Seriously, for the last two seasons we have been woeful and we are where we are on merit...

Biggest surprise has been Sidwell. Disappointments too many to mention, but special mention must go to Berbatov and Bent. Riether has disappointed too, relative to his usual high standards.

Rene made an initial impact and then as soon as Wilkins and Curbishley arrived it went pear- shaped. We lost the appetite and attacking philiosophy once more, performances suffered and the results continued to be poor. Shame as I think in time Rene will be a good one, and had we had the luxury of a mid table position and time then he may have been given more of a chance. Too early to tell with Felix, but he hasn't set the world on fire yet.

The Trog owes us some goals in return for the massive transfer fee and the fact that he has been out of shape. Loic Remy for you guys.

If we beat you, and get a result at Villa, then I think we will stay up. But we haven't shown any form going in to this, or anything to suggest that we will pull this off. And we haven't won two games in a row since dinosaurs roamed the earth. So a loss against you will be a case of the lid being firmly placed on the coffin.

Top 10...

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd. In that order.
Us, Cardiff and West Brom to go down.

1-3.

A rotten, stinking, past-it, hard to enjoy turnip.

Deanothefulhamfan

Steklenberg, Reither, Heitinga, Hangeland, Richardson, Dejegah, Parker, Sidwell , Kacanikillic, Holtby, Mitroglou...... this is so far from what I would pick, but is what I can see our manager picking.

I am ashamed and embarrassed to be Fulham supporter this season, both on the field and off the field activities have left our club in a right mess...

Sidwell has been our best player by a country mile, but my biggest surprise has been Richardson looking half decent when playing on the wing... Hangeland has been awful this season, how he still has a spot in our starting 11 is beyond a joke.

Not a fan of Magath in the slightest, when he dropped Holtby against Chelsea I knew we had a bad egg, the sacking of RM was a disgrace, we give him the whole of January to buy his players and then sack him a couple of days later after he get's us playing better football....

Holtby is the most creative player we have got, Sissoko will brush parker aside with ease....

We will be bottom by a good few points

I think you will finish 9th, which I think will be a decent season for you guys

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd, Everton....... Cardiff, west brom, Fulham

2-3 we always score, but concede more....

It has been said before but a leek.... for the obvious reason that our defense can't stop leaking goals...

ffctom_b

Stek, Reither, Heitinga, Hangeland, Riise, Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Richardson, Holtby, Mitroglou

Rubbish from start to finish, no fight, determination or stability, far from happy

Sidwell scoring goals, Richardson showing glimpses of why he was a Utd, Reither, Hangeland have had poor seasons

Last roll of the dice, Rene should never had got the job in first place, we probably would have been better off letting Kit Symons run the first team, at least we might have shown some fight

Holtby, Richardson for us, hopefully not a long ball style again and some service for the new guy up front. Remy will be key for you.

16th, I still think we can get out of this mess, but is not going to be easy, but for me there are still 3 sides worse than us.

Top 10, probably below Southampton

Top6 six will be in this order, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs
Norwich, Sunderland and Cardiff to go down

3-2 Fulham, we can't defend so basically me should just go with the attacking mentality of trying to outscore our opponents

You could say leak, but this question is pointless, any vegetable that has been over boiled would suit us as it would be very soft and useless.

Sgt Fulham

Put our players' names in a hat and pick them at random. That's how we will line up.

Very happy, yes. I sure do enjoy spending my whole saturday watching us lose and feeling down as a result.

Surprise has been Sidwell scoring so many. Disappointments from Stekelenburg, Hangeland, Riether, Amorebieta, Boateng...

No, its was a stupid mistake. I dislike Magath.

Holtby our only decent player, Mitroglou the only chance of scoring if he turns up.

20th if im honest.

8th or 9th.

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd

Fulham 1-4 Newcastle.

Beetroot. Off coloured and soft.

mangoputney

God knows

Utter toilet, please put us out of our misery

Sidwell, Burn & Holtby... Disappointment Stekelenburg (must have a sore back / made of glass) Riise (slow, still suffering from his Liverpool hangover) Riether (can't defend / cut off a cross, petulant mistakes), Hangeland (didn't like how he stalled over his contract, couldn't head a queue, sh*t captain, even sh*tter passer of the ball, shadow of his former self, Parker (blowing out of his arse), Rodellega (he was awful at Wigan, fine example of our terrible transfer policy, truly awful striker), Berbatov (poisonous), Dejagah (flatters to deceive most games), Kaca (new zoolander, can't turn left! weak), Bent (prime example of a prem footballer, ridiculous wages for little outlay or return)

Didn't think RM would have saved us but liked his policy and felt confident that he would bring a youthful challenge to the Championship
Feel for Magath as you can't polish a turd

Holtby our only decent player, Ben Arfa / Remy nailed on too score if they start

20th. Deserved

8th or 9th.

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd (unfortunately)
Us, Cardiff and West Brom

Fulham 0 – 3 Newcastle.

Watercress
Pathetic, tasteless, used to be top table fayre

MOR :

Felix changes the team from game to game. Must say I don't agree with the majority of his choices.

We're deep in the manure...but I'm as happy as a pig in manure because we get to go to different grounds next season.

The biggest surprise was the signing of Wilkins & Curbishley (They should never have been employed in the first place). The disappointments have been Jol, Wilkins, Curbishley, Macintosh, the majority of the playing staff, the price of the beer.

Magath not for me, wrong to sack Renee.

Holtby if Magath picks him. Remy will score but I like Ben Arfa.

Rock bottom where we belong.

Just below Europa League placing.

Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton,Spurs, Man Utd. (Not allowed to put the Filth in).
Norwich, Cardiff and us.

3-1 to Newcastle.

It has to be a leek as we've let in so many goals this season.

http://www.toonforum.co.uk/blog/2014/03/fulham-fans-thoughts-ahead-of-the-match/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fulham-fans-thoughts-ahead-of-the-match

WhiteJC

Β 
Flop to be Shipped Out
Β  Β 
As those clubs in the Football League continue to do business, via something called the emergency loan window, there is the suggestion one of our fringe players could be about to leave Craven Cottage.

With it being a World Cup year, with everyone getting excited about Brazil 2014, it is being intimated that the new Charlton Athletic boss - Jose Riga (who replaced Chris Powell in midweek) could be set to make his first signing, with that player being Derek Boateng.

Apparently, twenty-nine year-old Boateng is desperate to get some first team football to keep alive his chances of appearing in the Ghana midfield at the forthcoming World Cup.

We`ll keep you abreast of any developments.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=352929#ixzz2w1wRVlNA