https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Newcastle

Started by terryr, March 13, 2014, 11:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

All pretty predictable
Updated below

"So no Pard Nut but reckon it will be the same team as Hull but with Colo coming in for MYM, if he's returned from Argentina.
Fulham are absolutely awful but we're usually woeful there. At least Duff isn't playing though.
0-1 Williamson"

"We better win this. Fulham are a crap team destined for relegation."

" Fulham normally stuff us at home inexplicably."

" This Fulham isn't normal though, they look devoid of anything positive at all in fact they remind me of ourselves in the relegation season.
Anyways no need to change anything, injuries permitted go with the exact same team that beat Hull."

" Win 6-0, hopefully Pardew can't get phone signal."

" We should absolutely merk these chiefs. "

" Them against us mentality, let's go out there and do it for Alan!"

" Standard away win - go 2 up and play well til half time, concede immediately after restart, eke out 1-2 win with many hairy moments"

"Just because Pards isn't at the game doesn't mean he wont pick the team  :lol: but we can live in hope i suppose."

"Lose, Fulham are due a result."

" I'm gonna be in the away end for this one, first time.
Looking forward to that"

"Been to 3 games in London this season, seen 3 wins.
My 100% record will continue, 3-0 win."

" If we can't beat this Fulham team considering bloody Cardiff won against them and comfortably i'll be disgusted."

"We're going to maul these poofters."

"  I don't know why but I just think we will lose this, I don't think our players will be up for it, then again I had a similar feeling for the Hull game."

" Got a prawn sandwich brigade deal for this for me and my Dad, who's coming to London. Access to McBride's Bar after, whatever that is. Hopefully I'll get a chance to move my head towards Damian Duff."

" Push his bollocks away with your foot."

"I'm not feeling confident about this. They're hopeless but our record there is s*** so we'll probably manage to lose."

"  Not sure this result will have much impact on the mackems. Even if we get beat I think Fulham have f***ed themselves by not beating Cardiff. Really can't see them getting a good enough amount of points on the board from where they are now. Surely 18th spot is going to be between Sunderland, West Brom and Palace. If Palace beat them this week then they'll be fine. I would be massively surprised if Cardiff can get a run going together."

"I reckon we'll win. Players will turn in another decent away display, even more so without the shackles of Pardew telling them to back off 30 yards then hoof the c*** when we get it after taking an early lead.
That and Fulham are s****. "

Relegation prediction

"Fulham and that £12m Greek donkey"

" Now you've said that he'll have a stormer on Saturday"

" Mitroglou hat trick."

Fulham are beyond awful. They love a nice risky backpass don't they? Dear me, the amount of goals they've conceded this year due to under hit back passes must be inching towards double figures. Fulham are crap beyond belief."

"Its so funny watching their back row. Fulham constantly pass the ball back and back and back. The back 4 then don't know what to do, get scared and pass back to the keper. He hoofs it up the field, the opposition say thanks very much and score. Either that or the back pass ends up at the feet of a striker and another goal in the net. We are going to destroy them. The Cardiff game showed that two crap teams are open to destruction. If Fulham gift wrap the way they did in that game we'll score a brace.
I love these fixtures!"

" This will be the final nail in their relegation coffin. Feel a bit sorry for them as I remember our dark days......"

"No pity, no mercy. London teams deserve relegation."

"They're not a bad lot Fulham. Nothing like the rest of those arses across town. Still we cant be easy on them. its such an easy 3 points"

" 3-0 to Fulham. Whenever we swagger about and think its easy we get stuffed"

Friday update I'm winding myself up I know. I hope we stuff them tomorrow

"I only read this morning that we wont have Debuchy and Remy so my confidence for this one has dropped significantly.
I also don't think Colo should be able to walk back into the team given how well Williamson and Yanga-Mbiwa do together but I guess he'll have a ready made excuse to move the latter out to right back.
Fulham are almighty amounts of s*** mind so if we go down there, even with those players missing, and fail to win I'll be seething about it. "

" Not sure if Pardew not being there and being unable to make subs is a good or bad thing considering Carver is replacing him
We should beat fulham after our recent results but the way weve been this season well more than likely screw up here and against palace when we can put pressure on the teams above us and when the pressure gets on cunty bollocks again well beat everton
Id say maybe Pardew will set us up so we f**k up making his absence appear more than it is but if he tried to set us up to lose we might be positive
edit Remy and Debuchy injured WTF?"

" Onwards and upwards for us here I think.
2-0 win for us....plus I have a sneaky feeling that Palace will beat Sunderland, so a potential decent sporting weekend is on the cards.
You going Chris? You get to many away games? You been to Stamford Bridge?"

" Fulham looks miserable and even Magath and Holtby couldn't things turn around. I expect an away win of the Toon. Hopefully Colo will return and could start as well. It will be a dissapointment for me if we'll drop points at the Cottage. "

" 1-2 or a 1-3 win for us here.  Really should be beating these.  They have gone to s***, half their team must have already given up and must be p***** off with all the chopping and changing"

" This is a game we SHOULD be winning mainly because of how sh*** Fulham are but would it really surprise anyone if we went down there and lost. Chris - you're going to this one are you? Bloody hell. Enjoy the game mate, hope we get a win just for you. Upton Park is a very old ground. Enjoy"

"  Are you deliberately trying to send him to the wrong place? Fulham play at Loftus Road. We all know that! :D"

" I think it's been a bit of a bogey ground for us since then but I think we now have our best chance to get a victory there again. If we put our best team out with all the players in their correct positions then I'm positive we can win this game. I'll be there for this one and hopefully we can get a victory.  "

" This is a new one on me, but I am going to Saturdays game and I am in the mixed seating section.
Now question is do I wear my shirt (I am going with a Fulham fan)"

" it works in rugby but then a lot of things work in rugby that don't in football.
I'd wear my shirt in a mixed area, there's apparently been a lot of media coverage about this although I can't say I've seen any so I would imagine there will be a large police/steward presence in that section and any trouble will be dealt with quickly.
It'll be decent people there to enjoy the atmosphere and the football and conduct themselves accordingly."
"oh yeah :(, same point stands like. Play the young un against Fulham as we all know how bad Cisse and Shola are. Perfect time to give a young un a go."

"iTS SO MUCH FUN SMASHING THE SOUTHERN FAIRIES ! I'm sitting in the "neutral" mixed area. Can you imagine? I'll be wearing me jersey and will shut the gub of anyone who gives me any stick. May watch a bit of football to mind"

"Being hyperpositive, it could be possible that Fulham are bad enough for De Jong and/or Cisse to grab a goal or two and give themselves a boost."

" We will not play a worse defense to try it against"

" If we beat them, the mackems will just claim that the Fulham manager is a Mag anyway"

" Fulham have undoubtedly put a big red circle around this fixture on their list. It's a game they will have targeted as one of their remaining 'must-win' ones and they'll be looking to push and press us back.
I don't really fancy us to beat anyone without Remy tbh. "

" I'm not sure this Fulham team could be pumped up about playing Bayern Munich tbh, they quite clearly don't give a s***.

Still though like many others i don't trust us to beat anyone without Remy."

" On the face of things, Fulham are terrible but we've lost a couple of key men and we've generally struggled without them. I've voted a loss but I'd be bitterly disappointed if we did actually get beat off these regardless of injuries. They are a bunch of plonkers"

"  All 2,900 tickets for the away section have been sold and the adjacent "mixed area" is now also a sellout. we will sing the whole time and the pooftas will sit on their hands. I love it when we go there . such  poo fans they have and we always boss them hard. I love it for a good day me"

"The new manager... Mr Magoo."

" Going to this one with a few mates setting off 06.55 train to the smoke and stopping over night.Been to Fulham fives times and yet to see us win! If I don't break my duck this year I don't think I ever will they are simply there for the taking.......3 nil to the toon.Who ever is picking the team."

" After this year you might not get a chance to break your duck for a while as they'll probably be playing in a different league next year "

"I think this match got a little more tricky yesterday. They will be absolutely desperate and pumped for it now. If we did win we would be hammering a nail in their coffin. I quite like Fulham, love their traditional ground. Fans always seem sound. Obviously I still want to win as we want to finish as high as possible. Our season looked to dying a death but everyone seems to have been invigorated by a couple of wins and the chase of those above with zero pressure. Worked out well last time"

"I've always liked Fulham and their fans, but there's only one objective and that's to get the three points. Even if we are doing our neighbours a favour by getting them."

"Given how we lovingly gave Sunderland and West Brom much-needed 3 points when they were on bad runs, I fully expect us to roll over here. And you know, whilst I'll be somewhat aggrieved, it wouldn't be entirely disastrous given Sunderland's plight."

Not sure Magath has had a positive impact. That kind of totalitarian style doesn't suit the Prem, just ask the great unwashed and Paolo Di Nazio. I can see our away style doing ok in this one - I think that we will also come out fighting in the absence of Pardew, mainly to show the owner that we do better without him on the sidelines....I jest.
Cautiously optimistic. As long as our strongest XI can start, or at worst MYM instead of Colo, we should be fine. Oh, and start with LDJ, not fcking Cisse "

"Does Mitroglou look any good? He looked great in CL and had a real physical presence"

"Bad news for the Toon. Referee for the match is Howard Webb. Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh"

"I'm going 4-1. With some **** goals conceded on their part. De jong to get a brace. Sidwell to score his mandatory screamer that he scores twice a season. If we lose this one i would be very disappointing. "

"Like a lot of teams, I feel we have a nasty habit of slacking a bit when we play at Fulham. I've always put that down to the fact Fulham is a difficult club to dislike. There's just no needle there.
Anyway, Fulham will surely be nervous and we really need to hit them hard from the outset and get an early goal. If we do, we should win.
I have no truck with Fulham whatsoever, but 6 PL London clubs is too many for my liking. Would rather Chelsea or Spurs got relegated though..."

" Its nice to be where we are playing without pressure or fear. We know what its like when you are where Fulham are, its really difficult because the players are under the cosh."

" a lot of you may want to look at your predictions again

as I mentioned after the Hull v Newcastle game, the fourth official was the hapless Howard Webb (see nowt, do nowt unless the FA say so guy)
which is normally an indicator that he wll referee either Hull or Newcastle next game
guess what ?? we drew the short straw

Howard Webb is to be ref this weekend against Fulham

this guy only sees what he wants to see and is a habitual arse kisser of the FA
hense why he's the English ref going to the world cup 'again' (he's not good enough in my opinion)
who can forget Webbs masterful refereeing show aginst Fulham at St.James' park when he blew for a foul against Nolan as Viduka scores
when the replay showed it was Swartzer fouling Nolan
who can forget his 'I saw nothing wrong with Shelvey (headbutt) despite being reviewed by him and the FA, nor the 2 handballs in the box at Swansea this season
who can forget that he couldn't wait to give a penalty against Newcastle at Chelsea for holding in the penalty box, were every club does it
the guy is a disaster area for Newcastle and I would be very surprised if we get any of the big decisions at Fulham
this will be the third time he has reffed us and all away from home
escaping the abuse he would no doubt get at St. James',  by me anyway
this season
Swansea away 0-3
Chelsea away 0-3
Fulham away ???"

" Fulham simply have to be there for the taking surely?
Worst case if we don't win.... and Fulham do.... it's not good for the Mackems so some slight consolation"

"This is a really poor away record we have vs Fulham. 6 defeats in our last 7 trips and only 4 wins in 21 games.
Toon away to Fulham - post-WW2:
2012/13: Lost 1-2 Ben Arfa
2011/12: Lost 2-5 Guthrie, Ben Arfa
2010/11: Lost 0-1
2008/09: Lost 1-2 Ameobi
2007/08: Won 1-0 Barton (pen)
2006/07: Lost 1-2 Martins
2005/06: Lost 0-1
2004/05: Won 3-1 Ambrose, Kluivert, Ameobi
2003/04: Won 3-2 Robert, Shearer 2
2002/03: Lost 1-2 Shearer
2001/02: Lost 1-3 Speed
1983/84: Drew 2-2 Beardsley, Keegan
1982/83: Drew 2-2 McDermott, Varadi
1981/82: Lost 0-2 (LC)
1979/80: Lost 0-1
1978/79: Won 3-1 Connolly, Withe, Shoulder
1967/68: Lost 0-2
1966/67: Lost 1-5 B.Robson
1965/66: Lost 0-2
1960/61: Lost 3-4 Allchurch, Hughes, Woods
1959/60: Lost 3-4 Eastham, Hale 2
1955/56: Won 5-4 (FA) Casey, Keeble 2, Milburn, Stokoe
1951/52: Drew 1-1 G.Robledo
1950/51: Drew 1-1 Walker
1949/50: Lost 1-2 Milburn
1947/48: Lost 0-3
1946/47: Won 3-0 Bentley, Wayman "

" Devastating blow to our chances, we'll be vulnerable now. Debuchy and Remy are 2 of our 4 most important players in terms of quality. Its a good job Colo is back and him/Tiote will have to give it the best go possible. Personally I'd start young Armstrong alongside De Jong, moving Mbiwa over to right back unless Santon is back. I expect it will be Toothless (Cisse) or Fatty (HBA) alongside De Jong though. I'll be honest, I'm not as confident with this news. I was beginning to fancy us quite strongly due to the pressure on Fulham.
So disappointing knowing I have to suffer HBA's selfish "watch me lose the ball" routine or Cisse's "I've forgotten what a football is" routine. Surely there has never been a better time to involve the likes of Armstrong, Kemen and Aarons in some way? "

" hope we can pay them back ..for that draw ..when we went doon.. this time its them that's in trouble big time ..and a chance of getting rid of a London club .. even though there manager looks like a mad doctor with some funny specs on ..
110 per cent needed .. a draw at least .. "

" I was confident about this game due to Fulham looking like a lost cause then I saw Remy and Debuchy were out and the doubts crept in, but the final deciding factor was finding out Howard bastard Webb is the ref. Nailed on defeat"

" What's the away fans' main boozer again? Crabtree or something like that?"

PokerMatt

Possibly the most arrogant bunch of t*sspots you've covered this season Terry. And that's a statement.

Amazing really for a team only marginally better than the rest of the bottom 12 fodder. And one that lost 4-0 to a woeful Spurs just the other week.

My expectation is at zero, but reading this doesn't half make me hope we can shut this lot up. If we only had the players capable of doing that.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bedford White

Maybe Magath need to show the team how fans in the rest of this league regard them?

I know that I wouldn't be happy to be described as "crap beyond belief", I'd make every effort to humiliate NUFC rather than roll over for another drubbing again.

I sincerely hope Magath has found the key to get the guys firing again, another epic fail would be hard to endure, I don't think that even the most patient among us will accept another loss, not on our own manor, not in the meek and helpless way we've performed thus far.

Northern Cottager

" We should absolutely merk these chiefs. "

What a massive goon.

BestOfBrede

"I'm gonna be in the away end for this one, first time.
Looking forward to that"
What's that supposed to mean?

And what about......
"We're going to maul these poofters."

Shame really cos I used to like Newcastle fans!
Lets stuff em 049:gif

something_amusing

oh dear, some of the pillocks on other forums are so cringeworthy

Burt

Honestly, given how the two teams have fared this season, I am surprised there are as many comments as there are thinking that they are going to lose!

I liked this comment:
"If we can't beat this Fulham team considering bloody Cardiff won against them and comfortably I'll be disgusted."

Hopefully it will come to pass!

Bronaldinho

If Magath sticks to 442:

Stek
Riether Heitinga Burn Riise
Holtby/Dejagah Sidwell Kasami Richardson
Bent Mitroglou

That's if I was in change and had to play 4-4-2.

I have a feeling Magath will reshuffle completely again.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

SP

I find their obsession with the Duffer very strange.  In the season they were relegated he was probably the only player who put in a shift for them. 

HatterDon

Quote from: SP on March 13, 2014, 07:03:50 PM
I find their obsession with the Duffer very strange.  In the season they were relegated he was probably the only player who put in a shift for them. 

a. Playing FB, he let in the goal that relegated them.
b. He refused to stay with the team and fight for promotion; instead, he came to us.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

terryr

PokerMatt

PokerMatt

Terry any chance we can get a look at what those same arrogant w*kers are saying now?

Would love to be a fly on the wall...

callumc513

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 15, 2014, 05:16:29 PM
Terry any chance we can get a look at what those same arrogant w*kers are saying now?

Detestable bunch of fans.

terryr

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 15, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Will do
Having  some drinks to celebrate first. Love being at the game today though we were quite poor first half

SP

Before the game I got the feeling the Geordie fans thought they were simply collecting the points today.  They didn't seem so chippa walking through the park after the game.  Seems they were right, no Remy = no goals.

HatterDon

Fair enough, but it took some effort to score against them and -- especially -- to keep a clean sheet.

I thought Sissoko was as good as any player we've met all season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel