watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The squad - what puzzles me

Started by Holders, March 17, 2014, 08:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Felix isn't very forthcoming and his English isn't the greatest but I would really like to know, maybe after the season, what his views and thoughts were on the squad when he arrived.

His first action was to ship out Cole and Tunnicliffe. He's said that they have a future but Rene was actually playing them. We've speculated on this in another thread but it opens my point.

We sent Berba and Ruiz on loan before he arrived, Berba certainly and Ruiz possibly with no intention of return. To my knowledge he's made no comment on either of them. Inasmuch as Mitro isn't playing, would Felix have liked to have B and R available or would his view have been much the same as Rene's? Do we think he might see a future for Ruiz in a properly organised and coached side, should we stay up?

And finally, having brought Woodrow in successfully, why is it that he's not had a look at Trotta? After all, he's more experienced, scoring for Brentford and in the Italy u-21 side. Is it that the terms of the loan do not allow for recall or might he not be the right sort of player for Felix right now?

FoFers' views would be interesting.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Deanothefulhamfan

One of his initial comments when he arrived were that the squad was too big, so I would not be the least bit surprised if he is unaware of the other players we have out on loan. Is Ruiz contract not up in the summer?

Trotta and Tunnicliffe both really excite me for next season, so I just hope we give them both a chance.

He will get a good look over the summer should we keep him as manager

aFFCn_Fan

I think he's looking for players who are going to fight, or go down trying.

Ruiz, with his silky hair, is not that sort of player.
Berbs, is gifted with skills, but not grit and steel.
Tunnicliffe and Cole - dunno, I think Tunnicliffe has a bit of that spirit and strength, but in the couple of days Felix decided they weren't what was needed (and possible affiliations to RM can't have gone unnoticed - don't want teenage emotion clouding things in the situation Magath walked into).

With Rodders on the bench and Bent & Mitroglou nowhere to be seen, I can only think Felix likes the pace, energy and determination that Woodrow brings. And fair play to the lad what I saw was more impressive than his debut. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Mitroglou, its either injury, or he's not what Felix wants for that Newcastle game...or indeed at all.
The likes of Dembele, Trotta and Tank not getting a shout ahead of Woodrow - I've not seen enough (rubbish South African TV coverage), but are they really hold up front men?
@hincharoo

RaySmith

He said he wanted to consider all the players at club when he arrived

-if they were out on loan, he maybe thought there was a reason, but I think he might have got at least some info about Trotta. He is presumably aware of the type of players Berbs, who didn't want to continue playing for Fulham, and Ruiz are.

Also, he didn't have much time. Straight away he made a decision about Tunnicliffe and Cole - was he right? -who knows, but he said he wanted a smaller, more focussed squad.

He obviously wants a very hard working, committed squad - for this fight, which isn't maybe the same squad he'd have in a different situation, and if we survive, he will be vindicated.

Dragoman

When asked why he thought we were in the position we were in I believe he said that he hadn't come to look back but to see what he could do about changing things going forward. Hence he has refrained from discussing Berbatov, Ruiz etc. as well as Meulensteen.

grandad

In his 4 games he has established very quickly the players he thinks will keep us up. Woodrow must have impressed in training & is a 100% improvement on Bent & Rodallega. Trotta, Tunnicliffe , Cole, & the other kids will come into the 1st team squad next season in whichever division we are in. I just hope that the same starters can be together for our last 8 games as the more they play together the greater understanding of eachother they will have.
Where there's a will there's a wife