News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The game was won because we are finally......

Started by RidgeRider, March 16, 2014, 06:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

a properly fit side. Very obvious and huge contributor to the win. Just watched the match and we look very fit. Playing through defenders, chasing balls with abandon and breaking up their buildup.

alexbishop

Playing younger players aided this fitness issue too, something Rene picked up on  before being sacked and something McGrath took three games to realise himself
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Me-ate-Live, innit??

You are correct  Ridge,  I have been banging on all season about this .............................and the reason why Reither only came off the bench he is not fit or is carrying an injured.  Also IMO,  Felix is establishing the players that are Black 'd White  :54:

Burt

The big difference yesterday was DESIRE.

Even when the two goals were disallowed, the team carried on plugging away.

I just hope the ovation they got at the end will inspire them for the rest of the season. (Even though Citeh are next up)

Blanco

I don't think Newcastle were all that too be honest. But the players still put in a good shift and won the game.

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on March 16, 2014, 02:09:17 PM

I just hope the ovation they got at the end will inspire them for the rest of the season. (Even though Citeh are next up)
Agree.

According to Curbs we are above average fitness wise for the Prem- according to the data, including endurance.

But I noticed in the first half against the Geordies how ALL the team kept chasing balls down, pressing when they had the ball, chasing back, covering each other.

Then, when we had goals disallowed we didn't  lose confidence, and fall apart, or heads drop,as we might have done at other times this season - as a team we seemed to have more self belief.

Hopefully we will carry on in the same vein, starting at Citeh.

RaySmith

I heard something either on Talksport or 5Live - a Sun journalist I think, so may be there's no truth in it, but he said that Magath wrote all the names of those he thought were giving their all in a box on a board, and then another box where he wrote the name of a player he didn't think was working hard enough, though he picked the player in the next game.

The player was understandably upset about being shown up in front of everyone, and told Magath this.

Even if there s only a small bit of truth in this story, it does show, I suppose how Magath will only play those committed to the cause, and isn't worried about status or reputation when picking the team.

Of course, the story may be completely untrue, even though the journo told it as if it was - but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

EJL

That surge after Woodrow's disallowed goal was quite something. Every player seemed to kick into gear and didn't stop sprinting until the final whistle.

Delboy

When we entered our twilight zone, ie :- the last ten minutes of the game, I feared the worst. But our new younger fitter players almost made it easy for us. No real dramas to contend with plenty of running and shutting down. I believe the old Fulham would have buckled and drawn or lost that game. We would be comfortably mid table without the last ten minutes of games. Doh!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Blanco on March 16, 2014, 02:34:48 PM
I don't think Newcastle were all that too be honest. But the players still put in a good shift and won the game.

Agreed. We caught them at just the right time. Having said that, they are a big club and a really talented one. The win should be a true confidence builder going forward.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Alan

Quote from: Burt on March 16, 2014, 02:09:17 PM

Spot on, sir...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?