more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (17/03/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 16, 2014, 06:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Every Player Believes

He may only have been on the pitch for 26 minutes, but Ashkan Dejagah's cameo performance at the weekend could prove pivotal in Fulham's fight against relegation.

The winger entered the field of play as a replacement for Pajtim Kasami shortly after the hour mark, but had to be withdrawn with three minutes remaining when he suffered a recurrence of an injury he picked up in Wales last week.

Yet he still had time to win the game for his side, lashing in a low strike that was too hot for Tim Krul, after he'd cut in from the left. His celebration with the fans in the Hammersmith End showed just what it meant to the 27-year-old.

"The yellow card for taking my shirt off was worth it as I was so happy!" Ashkan beamed. "It was unbelievable but that is football. Sometimes things happen and you have a story to tell. This was one of those times.

"I was very happy to score the goal and to help the team win the game because it was unbelievably important that we did. The Manager told me beforehand to try and get on the ball and go inside and shoot, so that's what I did. It was a good moment for me.

"We now have to fight for the rest of the season and take some more points. The whole of the team fought on Saturday – and the fans and the staff also played a big part. We're all together in this."

The only downside to the game for Dejagah was his forced exit on 87 minutes, and Whites fans will be crossing everything that the popular wideman is able to make a speedy recovery.

"It's the same place as before the game, in my groin," he explained. "I hope it's not too bad but I'm in a bit of pain. I initially did it against Cardiff but hopefully it will be alright.

"I had a fitness test on Friday and it was okay but I wasn't fully fit so that might be why the Manager put me on the bench. I came on and made a bad movement and felt it in the same place again."

This Saturday's game at the Etihad sees Fulham face a Manchester City side that will be desperate to maintain their charge for the Barclays Premier League title. It's a tie that Dejagah acknowledges will be tricky, but promised that his team will give all they can in that match, and the remaining seven which will follow.

"It's a hard game, everyone knows that," he stated. "City need the points as well but we have to go there and fight and hopefully we have a bit more confidence. We'll try our best to get something there.

"We have to fight every week. We can't just play good football, you have to battle, and this is what the Manager says to us every day. The team showed the Manager and the fans against Newcastle that we're ready to fight together.

"But this is only three points and we need more. The home games are very important, but every player believes."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/march/17/every-player-believes?