watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (31.05.10)

Started by White Noise, May 31, 2010, 06:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/8193346.Football_record_bid_is_halted_by_blisters_and_exhaustion/

Football record bid is halted by blisters and exhaustion

1:10pm Monday 31st May 2010

By Lucie Richards

AN ATTEMPT to break a world record in Basingstoke ended in defeat after 253 goals when footsore footballers ran out of steam.

A plan to break a Guinness World Record for the longest continuous game by playing for 41 hours – one hour more than the record – was halted after 18 hours when heat exhaustion and injuries took their toll.

As Inter Milan raised the Champions League trophy on May 22, Reds and Whites were battling at Everest Community College, in Oxford Way, Popley.

The game was abandoned at 2am when the white team went down to a minimum of seven players with others suffering from blisters and exhaustion.

The marathon event, which started at 8am on May 22, was organised by Fulham FC academy coach Mauricio Rojas in a bid to raise £10,000 for the Sport Relief charity to help transform the lives of poor and vulnerable people.

Mr Rojas, 33, from Colombia, said: "It was unfortunate but we couldn't carry on."

The two teams were allowed 11 players and seven subs each. Even though players came from as far afield as Aldershot, London and Colombia, as well as Basingstoke, last-minute drop-outs meant one team only started with 14 and the other with 13 players.

As the night drew in, the players became aware of sunburn from one of the hottest days of the year so far and the temperature then dropped dramatically.

The remaining players had less and less time to rest between substitutions and gradually became exhausted.

The game was called off after 18 hours and 20 minutes with a final score of 137 to the Whites and 116 to the Reds.

But Mr Rojas, who has been a football coach for 15 years and worked in Colombia, Paraguay, New Zealand and London, is not deterred.

He said: "I was really encouraged at the end because everyone was saying that although there was no way we could continue, they were willing to do it again and want me to organise it.

"We have heard of another two teams who played for 40 hours, but only on their third attempt.

"Another time we will be more prepared – a Guinness World Record isn't easy to beat!"

He added: "Everest gave us great support before and during the event.

"But the surface was really hard on our feet and legs so another time we will try to go on normal grass or plastic grass."

Anyone wishing to make a donation can go to justgiving.com/footballendurancemarathon.

White Noise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/england/7789822/England-World-Cup-squad-Roy-Hodgson-knows-how-tough-Fabio-Capellos-task-is.html

England World Cup squad: Roy Hodgson knows how tough Fabio Capello's task is

In taking a team to a World Cup you are putting the players in a cage. It's a golden cage but it's still a kind of prison, even if it's a luxury one.

By Roy Hodgson

Published: 11:44AM BST 31 May 2010

Fabio Capello - England World Cup squad: I know how tough Fabio Capello's task is
Tough task: Roy Hodgson says that England manager Fabio Capello will have a delicate balancing act to deal with at the World Cup

It's why squad selection is so important. Whenever a World Cup comes around I'm transported back to 1994. Switzerland had qualified for their first major tournament in 32 years and I was their coach.

Even in a small football nation like Switzerland there are more than 23 contenders for the squad and the regional bias meant there was no shortage of media advice.

Mike Kelly, my assistant, told me that I should consider taking some players who may not be as useful in the games as they would be off-the-field and in the dressing-room. His argument was that we didn't need 23 players – in any World Cup squad there will be at least five or six players who don't get a game - so don't leave behind the "good lads".

I chose to ignore this advice, opting for what I thought was a more professional approach by doubling up in positions, ensuring that each one was covered by a similar player to the first-choice. I left behind several players whom I knew and trusted in favour of more "suitable" cover players.

This decision rankles with me even today. The five I should have left at home I took and the five I should have taken, I left at home.

In choosing a squad, some coaches go totally on form. I tend to go on what qualities players have and accept they will have good games and bad games. The other problem for any World Cup manager is occupying players' time. The squad gets together very soon after the league season ends and their enthusiasm will be extraordinary. Training will be intense and you will see smiling faces all around.

The problem is how to retain this freshness and prevent the players becoming bored and homesick, or disillusioned because they are not in the starting line-up.

Keeping the wives happy is another test. For the players to be happy, they don't want unhappy phone calls from wives and girlfriends. That's another headache for the manager. You don't expect him to be taking care of that but it is something that will, unfortunately, come into his horizon. How many times do you let the players see their wives?

The tournament is not just about is six or seven games, it's the whole two months of preparation. During that time the players constantly need to be challenged, but the danger is you may not be able to challenge them enough because there aren't enough games, or aren't enough possibilities during the training sessions because you have the games in mind.

In 2006, Jurgen Klinsmann had many novel ideas – go-karting and so on - but, no doubt, he would have been ridiculed had Germany fared less well. Fans do not expect to see players having fun outside the footballing arena.

There are no easy answers to these questions. Being aware of the pitfalls is the best anyone can do. One thing is for sure, however – you are likely to have some bored or disgruntled players and, as coach, that is when you hope there are other strong leaders in the dressing room to help deal with the problems.

Fabio Capello and his management team have been extremely thorough and professional in their build-up to this World Cup campaign. The choice of training venues in Austria and Rustenburg, the excellent hotels, the provision of leisure time activities have all been planned and researched.

Whatever happens in South Africa, I know that the England team will be well-prepared and ready for the challenges ahead. I wish them all the best.

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/?p=7204

The calm before the storm

by Dan on May 31, 2010

Summer's a strange time for a football fan. You should be relaxing, chucking a bit more meat on the barbeque and enjoying lazy weekends without pondering what the starting line-up might look like, but it never really works like that. There's always a niggling doubt at the back of your mind: the redtops have been linking your star player with a move away, the manager's reputation has gone through the roof over the last nine months and apparently he might be tempted by a big job. Then, there's the pre-season fixtures to digest (should we get worked up about a pre-season friendly against Brentford?) and that's all just in case you've forgotten it's a World Cup year.

I thoroughly enjoyed my flick through one of the World Cup previews tucked inside the Sunday papers yesterday. One reckoned Mark Schwarzer, an Arsenal target according to the tabloids, could be the best goalkeeper in the Premier League. It's not a bad shout – and confirms what Fulham and Middlesbrough fans have known for years. Another had John Pantsil as probably the most improved full-back in the English game. One pull-out included an interview with Dickson Etuhu and a write-up on South Africa's chances at their own tournament (Bafana Bafana have been making quiet progress since Carlos Alberto Parreira returned to coach them) mentioned Kagisho Dikagcoi as one of the coach's favourites. Most of the English observers were still pretty snobbish about the Americans, but that's nothing new, is it?

I'm sure it'll change by the time the squads are announced and we get down to business but I'm still struggling to get excited about the World Cup. Perhaps it was because Fulham's season was one the like of which might never be seen again. All those people who told you that Europe would ruin our half were spectacularly wrong, weren't they? Reaching the final surpassed everybody's expectations, as Danny Murphy fully acknowledged in a Europa League review programme that I caught the tail end of on ESPN the other day, but just as impressive was the fact that Roy Hodgson was never really concerned about our survival prospects.

The fact that mid-table security was achieved in spite of another wretched season on the road was remarkable. Fulham might have saved our best away performances for Europe but there has to be a way to make us a bit more competitive away from the Cottage in the league. Hodgson still sets us sides up not to get beaten, which means we're high on organisation but low on creativity. Plenty of the regular travellers bemoan our cautious attitude but to be a bit more adventurous away would require a different type of player pulling the strings.

Who's on Roy's shopping list?

And that takes us back to the hack's favourite summer past-time: rumour-mongering. Making an educated guess on who Roy will sign is pretty difficult when you don't have much of an idea about the budget he's been sent to the supermarket with. The areas to strengthen are interesting. A back-up goalkeeper might be a sound investment (what with Pascal Zuberbuhler not likely to deputise for Schwarzer forever and David Stockdale still some way from overtaking the Australian), but you'd reckon Hodgson's focus will be elsewhere. Perhaps on a new centre back to replace the departing Chris Smalling.

As much as I admire Murphy, time's fast catching up with the Fulham skipper. On his day, he remains the best passer of a ball Fulham have, but there were signs towards the end of last season that Danny was beginning to struggle to cope with the physical demands of two games a week. Wayne Brown seems set to team up with Paul Trollope at Bristol Rovers on a permanent basis and it still remains a little fanciful to think that Jonathan Greening would be able to slot into Murphy's shoes effortlessly. A younger playmaker who could be groomed to eventually takeover from the captain in central midfield would be ideal and, given how short we were of bodies in the engine room last season, bringing in a bit of experience as cover might not be a bad idea.

A striker must be on the wishlist too – even if I'm slowly getting over the disappointment of Nikola Zigic moving to Birmingham. Much will depend on how Roy seeks to play next season. The Zamora/Gera axis worked well in the second half of the season, but Fulham's opponents will have seen enough of that by now to formulate a plan to nullify those threats. With Kamara and Nevland on their way out and Andy Johnson's long-term fitness still best surmised by a question mark, a couple of goalgetters would be useful additions – although strikers don't come cheap.

Even if the manager's phone doesn't stop ringing and the media try to pass over a nonsense story as news, you still get the sense that this is the calm before the storm. Anyone who's anyone will be scouting for a new addition in South Africa and that first weekend of the season still seems years away. It'll flash by quicker than you think.

White Noise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/england/7789841/World-Cup-2010-Inter-Milan-president-hopes-to-prise-Fabio-Capello-from-England-contract.html

World Cup 2010: Inter Milan president hopes to prise Fabio Capello from England contract

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti hopes England coach Fabio Capello can break his contract after the World Cup and become a candidate for the vacant job at the Champions League winners.

By Telegraph staff

Published: 10:32AM BST 31 May 2010

Inter manager Jose Mourinho is leaving for Real Madrid after winning an unprecedented Italian treble and Moratti has already identified former Juventus, AC Milan and AS Roma coach Capello as a target.

Moratti has exploited the uncertainty created by Lord Triesman's departure as Football Association chairman to announce that Capello is top of his own hit-list to replace now-departed treble-winning coach Jose Mourinho.

With an annual salary of £9 million - 50 per cent more than Capello gets from the FA - being mentioned, talk has increasingly surrounded the 63-year-old, who in fairness has never given any indication of a desire to leave the England job halfway through his four-year contract.

"I would be pleased if he frees himself after the World Cup," Moratti said amid media speculation Capello will not stay with England until Euro 2012.

Moratti also has his eye on another England-based manager but doubts a deal could be done.

"I've always thought Rafa Benitez was good but he is tied to Liverpool," Moratti said, having previously talked glowingly of Fulham boss and former Inter coach Roy Hodgson.

Meanwhile, Italy coach Marcello Lippi has backed the decision to select Cesare Prandelli as his successor.

Lippi will leave the national team after the World Cup and Prandelli, who has been at the helm of Fiorentina for five years, will take his place and sign a four-year contract.

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6182585,00.html

Park attracts Prem interest

South Korea star linked with Fulham, Everton and Villa

By Edwin Chong   

Last updated: 31st May 2010   

Monaco striker Park Chu-young could be on his way to the Premier League after being linked to a number of clubs.

The 24-year-old, who is set to spearhead South Korea's attack during the World Cup this summer, has been linked with a move to Fulham, Everton and Aston Villa.

Park admits he is flattered with the speculation, but says he is happy with life at Stade Louis II.

"It's always a good feeling when other teams show interest in you," he said.

"I'm happy here at Monaco and the club have looked after me well. I don't feel like leaving so soon."

Park, formerly of FC Seoul, played 22 games for Monaco last season, finding the back of the net nine times.

White Noise

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/178275/World-Cup-2010-USA-opener-wll-not-be-a-doddle

WORLD CUP 2010: USA OPENER WLL NOT BE A DODDLE 

Monday May 31,2010

By John Dillon 

USA 2 Turkey 1

FOR one half of a blazing afternoon here, America offered a vastly better case for why it should stage the World Cup in 12 years' time than it promised to have any serious impact upon the tournament about to begin in South Africa.

Then England were sent a message that the USA team and their coach, Bob Bradley, understand how to change things around. They know how to dig themselves out of trouble.

Or, perhaps, Turkey, who were defeated 2-1 after leading at half-time at the Philadelphia Eagles NFL stadium, and their new manager – our old friend Guus Hiddink – decided they wanted to make a quick exit and were happy to let things slide.

Fabio Capello's spy might have left as much with that idea about Turkey and a confi rmation that the US will be awkward and determined, rather than any fi rm belief that they will be a major threat in Rustenburg on June 12.

The Turks sped away on to the team coach for a dash to the airport, leaving only the hurried comment from Hiddink: "Things can happen at World Cups, but England are so strong, on a different level to this."

A different argument came from Fulham player Clint Dempsey, who scored the winner that sent a crowd of more than 55,000 at the Lincoln Financial Field into a good-natured frenzy of a kind you can only get here in football's new world, which is without all the tribal hatred and rawness which makes it seethe in the old one. 

"We are still trying to get some sharpness, but I think we will be on top of our game for the opening game of the World Cup," said Dempsey. The Americans are taking more fans than any other nation to South Africa. This is the background, of a sport burgeoning fi nally in a once indifferent land.

They will bring the warm, noisy flavour theygenerated here, which makes a Yankee World Cup in 2022 seem such a good idea. After England has staged the 2018 tournament, it ought to be said.

This was football with a bursting sense of enjoyment, which contrasted with the snarling and darkly overwrought experience it can be when Premier League crowds get into fi nger-jabbing mood.

It was football with the joyful American tailgate party bolted on. It was billed as a send-off party and the tang of burger smoke filled the huge car parks.

Beer cans popped, rock music thumped from the cars and lovely girls sat in deckchairs seeking the sun. "Where's the passion?" some might ask sniffily. Blessedly absent in its rancid form is the reply.

Around 20,000 of the crowd were ex-pat Turks, but their presence contained none of that wild menace it can when they play in Europe. Soccer just does not happen that way in the US.

Wembley internationals are not scarred by any sense of violence. But its dreary industrial estate surroundings hardly make it a party.

The irony amid all the whooping and hooting, is that the US do not have a team made to entertain. Bradley is a low-key act given to thoughtful responses rather than histrionics. His side are functional and well-organised, but without dazzle.

A draw, which would not harm either team too much, may loom in Rustenburg. But even these qualities deserted them in the fi rst half when they were ragged and let their shape slip.

Jonathan Spector, the West Ham full-back, had a torturous time dealing with the running of the Turks. Arda Turan skipped past him to score for Turkey in the 27th minute. The defender was substituted at half-time.

Bradley's changes also included the introduction of nimble midfi elder Jose Torres and the hauling back of Dempsey into a midfi eld role to make way for substitute striker Robbie Findley.

Immediately, Landon Donovan, on loan at Everton last season, was free to create more. He supplied the equaliser scored by Jozy Altidore, formerly with Hull City. Then he repeated the act for Dempsey. "The lesson is that we have to be brave enough to get on the ball," added Dempsey.

"We did a much better job in the second half. I think our guys realise this is a rare, lifetime experience and that the occasion against England won't be too big for them."

It would be arrogant of any Englishman to assume that it would. It may be over-optimistic, though, to expect fireworks on the pitch in the first engagement. On the evidence here, England can expect an awkward shift in Rustenburg.

White Noise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/7786465/Kevin-Garside-Soccer-makes-smart-plays-in-quest-to-conquer-America-before-World-Cup.html

Kevin Garside: Soccer makes smart plays in quest to conquer America before World Cup

Has the American experiment with 'soccer' - football carries a different trademark here - taken a definitive turn? Clint Dempsey, Fulham's card-carrying Texan, said he couldn't remember two games like it where the larger part of the crowd were cheering for the United States in a Yankie stadium.

By Kevin Garside, Chief Sports Writer

Published: 8:00AM BST 31 May 2010

Kevin's Twitter

He was referring to the experience in Hartford Connecticut, where the United States hosted the Czech Republic, and Philadelphia. An audience of 55,000 gave them a patriotic World Cup send-off against Turkey, ahead of their World Cup opener against England on June 12.

The crowd in American soccer history is drawn traditionally from an immigrant demographic rooting for the old country. A home match against Mexico in Los Angeles, for example, is an intimidating experience for an American team, with 90 per cent of the audience wearing Mexican green. The supporters at Lincoln Financial Field, in contrast, melded match day into a joint July 4 and Thanksgiving parade. Think old west car park at Twickenham minus the Range Rover and Barbour. This was not the casual observer dropping by for a peak, rather the full-on, replica shirt love-in; a sure sign of informed allegiance.

The choice of Philadelphia was, as they like to say in this neighbourhood, a 'smart play', tapping into the city's new affiliation with Major League Soccer through the Philadelphia Union. The city, the sixth most populous in the United States, has an established obsession with sport demonstrated by a canon that includes major league baseball, football, basketball and ice hockey. Soccer, the city's elders claim, is here to stay. The USA bid committee selected Philadelphia as a host city in their World Cup submission for the 2018 and 2022 events. The Union move into their purpose-built home in neighbouring Chester next month.

This is surely soccer's last chance to crack America. The game had a presence in the early part of the 20th century before disappearing between the wars. The North American Soccer League threw George Best and Pele at the problem in the early Seventies but neither LA Aztecs nor the New York Cosmos survived the indifference.

The grand projects of Los Angeles and New York were an attempt to establish the game from the top down, to impose a professional structure on a sport without foundations. The Hispanic community that might have supported soccer failed the cricket test by maintaining an attachment to Mexico. That may be about to change. The most important shift in the Hispanic American dynamic came with the decision of Jose Torres to choose America, the country of his mother, over Mexico, the land of his fathers.

Torres, who plays for Mexican club Pachuca, is the first Hispanic footballer to make the move. "It was a tough choice. I was born here in the States but play in Mexico and have lived there for six years. When the fans heard about the choice I made I think they took it pretty hard. But Bob [Bradley, USA coach] was watching me when I was in the minor Leagues. I had a chance to go to the Olympic Games [Beijing 2008]. But I wanted to take things slowly. When Bob called a second time for the World Cup qualifiers I knew the opportunity was now or never. I had to take it. Mexico tried to call me but I'm happy with the choice I made."

So is Bradley, whose pedestrian, unimaginative team was transformed by the introduction of Torres in the second half against Turkey. America's Hispanic youth now have one of their own to cheer in a US shirt. That must be significant for the growth of the game. Soccer's third coming in the States is built on the strength of the game at grass roots, not the iconic import, though there are sure to be more of those. Two fans who flew up from Florida to be at the Turkey match formed their attachment to the sport through the involvement of their children. Soccer has a rapidly developing presence in schools and colleges. The trick is to connect to the professional game via the same umbilical link that exists in football's traditional playgrounds. Grow your own David Beckham, as it were.

Gates in the MLS average about 14,000, which, outside of the Glasgow axis is superior to Scotland, and on a par with the lesser clubs in Serie A and La Liga. The Seattle Sounders, the 15th franchise to launch in the MLS last year, sell out their 37,000-capacity ground. Philadelphia joined this year with plans to add four more teams, including Portland, Montreal and possibly Miami. The cheers ringing out around Philadelphia as the players went on a lap of honour was the soundtrack the game here needs; sweet soul music piping across that final frontier. Not in South Africa, but on the continent of America itself.

White Noise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/england/7786599/World-Cup-2010-England-told-they-have-nothing-to-fear-from-USA-says-Guus-Hiddink.html

World Cup 2010: England told they have nothing to fear from USA, says Guus Hiddink

United States 2 Turkey 1

By Kevin Garside, Chief Sports Writer

Published: 7:00AM BST 31 May 2010

Kevin's Twitter

A class above is how Guus Hiddink ranked England in relation to the United States after watching his Turkey side head for the beaches early in Philadelphia. Like England in Graz, the USA recovered a first-half deficit with a heightened response. Turkey persisted for an hour until Jozy Altidore poked America level. After that they were on the plane home.

"They can fight, they can work hard, but I know England. They are at a higher level," Hiddink said as he ran for the team bus. Had Turkey showed the same urgency on the pitch as they did in leaving Lincoln Financial Field, Fabio Capello would have been reading a different postcard from America.

The report he takes to Royal Bafokeng this week will not have him reaching for the worry beads ahead of the opening World Cup fixture in Rustenburg on June 12. Turkey's fast feet and imaginative running repeatedly breached the static American lines in the opening period and exposed the uncertainty at the heart of defence.

In Landon Donovan, Jose Torres, Clint Dempsey and Robbie Findley the Americans possess a creative component sufficient in potency to trouble any, if only they are bold enough to trust it. The default settings of the first half suggest that Bob Bradley, the American coach, has a conservative instinct that will result in a team set up in counter-attacking mode.

He might want to speak to Dempsey before he commits to that policy. The Fulham striker, who hit the winner 15 minutes from time, believes the USA's chances of progressing are enhanced by greater possession of the ball, not in chasing it. "The most important thing is possession. If you have not got it you are running yourself ragged and then, in those circumstances, when you do get it you are not able to do much with it. We have to be brave enough to get on the ball. That is the lesson from this match," Dempsey said.

"We have to be more confident on the ball, we need to want the ball more. We did a much better job of that in the second half when we had the confidence to play lots of passes and mix it up. First half we looked a bit nervous and rusty. We showed character to turn it around but hopefully we won't have a slow start in the World Cup."

Turkey showed England the way with a rapier thrust down America's right flank. Colin Kazim-Richards split the United States defence to release Arda Turan behind Jonathan Spector. The pass caught the back line flat-footed allowing Turan to race into the box to score. The game was not half an hour old and Turkey might have been three up.

The introduction of Torres and Findley, two of four half-time substitutions, made an obvious difference affording the Americans greater possession. In this they were aided by Turkey's visible retreat from the contest. Not even Hiddink could rouse them after Altidore's strike, which owed everything to the nimble footwork of Donovan down the right.

Donovan was also the architect of the USA's winner, disguising his pass into the box beautifully for Dempsey to score. Donovan and Dempsey can be a handful up front if given encouragement. Behind them, America is a land of opportunity for England.

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/fulham-review-200910/?

Fulham Review 2009/10

Filed under: General — weltmeisterclaude @ 7:44 pm

The all new Fulham Review, in controversial midnight blue (I've used all the other colours)...

Finally off at the printers (the hours that have gone into this one...).

Now up to 158 pages (that's a lot more than ever before), with everything you usually get, David Lloyd's TOOFIF editorials to lend substance and structure, and about 50 pages exploring Roy's earlier career (all good, I promise!).    Should be available in about a week.  More details then.

White Noise

http://www.dewezet.de/portal/sport/lokaler-sport_Zwei-Jahre-auf-der-Insel-reichen-_arid,243612.html

"Two years on many of the island"

By Klaus Frye

Football. If Christopher Buchtmann after two successful years of apprenticeship in the English top teams Liverpool FC and Fulham FC back to Germany? The question was the 18-year-old young professional who enjoys the last two weeks, the summer break at his parents house in Aerzen, not yet answered. But his advisers Jens Jeremis and Jürgen Milewski have the attacking left-footed player, who joined in February for 100 000 pounds from Liverpool to Fulham, had long been on their wish list. His contract with the Euro League finalists FC Fulham but still runs until the end of the season 2010/11.

Christopher Buchtmann (center) had in Gross Berkel many young attentive listener. Photo: haje "but I've decided to come back to Germany, the reigning European Champion U-18 said at a youth camp in Gross Berkel. Here he showed the young up kickers two hours not only many tricks with the round leather, but had to answer many questions about his fast-paced football career.

The two years on the island he has enjoyed in spite of the changing ambitions: "I now speak perfect English and had met in Liverpool and in London too many nice people." His athletic development, he looks absolutely positive: "Above all, the time at Fulham me properly brought forward. "The reasons he put on quickly:" In Liverpool I was allowed to train in all that time only five times with the first team. This was significantly better in Fulham. Since I trained every day with the professionals of the first. "Coach Roy Hodgson took him into the championship games against Arsenal and Everton even twice in the League squad:" With such games on the bench to sit is a great experience. "

But with the housing in the district on the Thames, he was not satisfied: "The club showed me while housed in a stylish five-star hotel, but a small apartment I would have preferred."

The Treaty of 1.74 meters wide midfield player runs until summer 2011 on the Thames. However, he has two years rich in England. Where the way of Christopher Buchtmann is in fact, is currently open, but the trend is "away from the island. And at first FC Cologne and Borussia Dortmund, where "Buchti" played two years as a B-young, he is already longer high on the shopping list.

But whether Premiere League or Bundesliga, a sports goal, the blond already firmly in his sights. In August, the European Championship qualifying starts for the U-19 national team. Then he meets with the German team, the defending champion, along with Malta and Andorra in World Cup Switzerland. "There is of course revenge announced," says Buchtmann is looking forward now to the two games against the Swiss. Nevertheless, the Swiss shot in October at the U-18 World Cup in Nigeria in the quarterfinals of the German team from the race.