Main Menu

Oh Noooo!

Started by White Noise, May 31, 2010, 07:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

If England wins, Rapper 50 Cent planning on Roo and Rio-themed pubs in US

By ANI

May 30th, 2010

LONDON - Rapper 50 Cent plans to profit from an England win by opening a string of pubs across America.

The In Da Club superstar wants Rooney, 24, and his other Man United pal Rio Ferdinand, 31, to be the faces of the venture.

Fans can look forward to the prospect of drinking in Wayne Rooney-themed pubs, as well as hitting the cinema to watch a Fabio Capello movie, News of The World reports.

The tough-talking star, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, said: "Don't get me wrong, I want the USA to do well, but England have a real chance of winning the thing. I want to speak with Wayne and Rio about opening up some pubs in LA and New York. I think the three of us could open a great chain."

And 50 Cent, who starred in a Ferdinand-produced movie Dead Man Running, has more plans for the pair.

The 34-year-old said: "There are some business opportunities I want to discuss with the both of them, so this would be the perfect time to do it.

"I want to get into more movies with Rio and a clothing line with Wayne. And if they win the World Cup, we will have a guys' vacation that will go down in history." (ANI)

Tom

Stupid ass 50 cent! If he wants to open pubs here in the U.S., the faces on the pub need to be Dempsey and Donovan!
Fulham for life!

Logicalman

uh-huh, Demps East Coast, Donovan West Coast, seems to make sense to me - maybe McB in Chicago. But who for the South? (sorry,m Demps is already taken)

mhatc

Quote from: Logicalman on May 31, 2010, 09:29:55 AM
uh-huh, Demps East Coast, Donovan West Coast, seems to make sense to me - maybe McB in Chicago. But who for the South? (sorry,m Demps is already taken)

Unfortunately, the faces of the south are Eddie Johnson, Clint Mathis, and Josh Wolfe.

finnster01

Rooney pub?

50'cent is just trying to make some money out of the latest Shrek movie as well
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

What the flying fart is a Rooney Pub? What would it have that other pubs don't have?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 31, 2010, 02:28:33 PM
What the flying fart is a Rooney Pub? What would it have that other pubs don't have?

It would have a corner flag at each table so you could have a conversation in case you were alone. There would also be 24x7 rolling presentations of all the Shrek movies on the big screens. The bartender would speak scouse and the waitresses would all be pregnant.

Tom

Quote from: mhatc on May 31, 2010, 01:52:17 PM

Unfortunately, the faces of the south are Eddie Johnson, Clint Mathis, and Josh Wolfe.
Oh please! Those names aren't going to sell anything.
Fulham for life!

Logicalman

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 31, 2010, 02:28:33 PM

A total lack of atmosphere, perhaps   :002:

YankeeJim

Jose Francisco Torrez. A Texan of Mexican decent. The kid could just be the glue & the spark that holds the US midfield together. The US needs to find a way to entice Mexican-Americans into the fold. I know you Brits have never heard of him but he is a regular at Pachuca one of the better Mexican sides & has vision, a cannon of a right foot & he seems to calm down the midfield. The US may (ok, hopefully) has it first #10 since a young Claudio Reyna.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

finnster01

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 02, 2010, 07:10:53 PM

Jose Francisco Torrez. A Texan of Mexican decent. The kid could just be the glue & the spark that holds the US midfield together. The US needs to find a way to entice Mexican-Americans into the fold. I know you Brits have never heard of him but he is a regular at Pachuca one of the better Mexican sides & has vision, a cannon of a right foot & he seems to calm down the midfield. The US may (ok, hopefully) has it first #10 since a young Claudio Reyna.
Mr Jim, I have no clue of who he is but if he comes to the US I hope he moves to New York rather than Arizona, because I have had nothing but a good time here and nobody gives a rats arse about me being a limey and nobody is stopping me on the corner asking for my greencard.

This whole country (with the exception of the native Americans) all came here at some point. I never recall reading somewhere they had to produce ID on a whisker. In fact, they may as well give every foreigner a yellow star or something so I can wear it on my coat.

It has been done before, and I hope none of us have forgotten.   

YankeeJim

Finney,
If you get arrested for something the first thing they will ask you for is ID. Same if they arrest me. Same if they arrest a person who is not here legally. The AZ law is actually taken straight from US immigration law with an added line forbidding racial profiling. That is something the federal law does not have. AZ is reacting (poorly I think) to the simple fact that the federal government does not enforce our immigration laws. AZ is the battleground. You are more likely to be kidnapped in Phoenix then you are in Bagdag. Violent crime is increasing. They are desperate.

Don't believe much of what you read in our national press.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

YJ,
From what I have read and heard and seen during press interviews, the AZ law goes a little further than the Federal law in practical terms, inasmuch that it allows profiling of non-Americans, or those that appear to be such.

For example, as you mention, if an American arrested they are asked for ID, and usually some form of State ID would suffice, they would not, for example, be required to produce a green card or passport. Now consider an apparent non-American being arrested, ok lets take the bull by the horns and say a person of apparent Mexican descent is arrested, and asked for ID. Do you believe they will simply stop at the usual State ID? I'm not too certain.

In reality, people like Mr F and myself are just as affected by this law as anyone from South of the border, and more so than the ordinary Joe-public American, as we are by many other laws and regulations, but we accept they are as they are. For example, being in the IT industry, I know that I cannot gain work for most companies  that deal with US Military contracts, as I am required to be a Citizen for that, although I currently do work for such a company solely due to my being employed by them prior to 9/11, and so not having to 'prove' citizenship to gain such employment.

I agree that the Az law was brought in due to the lack of Federal resources to deal with the immigration problem, though I would prefer to see something more substantial on the Federal level myself.

HatterDon

not to hijack the thread, or anything, a chain of sports pubs named after a soccer player is a joke. None would survive. The only name well-known to non-soccer fans who follow other sports is David Beckham. Naming them after Americans is a joke, since not one American sports fan in 20 could name more than two American soccer players.

American soccer fans are like Fulham fans. Most people don't understand our choices. Supporters of other disciplines think we're mad or homosexual or both. We're not in the mainstream, and I for one like it that way. Soccer will never be America's #1 sport. As Mr. Finn pointed out, as long as a disproportionate number of American soccer professionals are drawn from upper-middle-class neighborhoods, it'll always be that way. Clint's background is different, and that's why he is different. That's why it's more than a game to him.

Hijack is over, back to whatever it is you guys are talking about.  :028:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel