watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why Did You Join FOF ?

Started by Sammyffc, March 23, 2014, 10:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

been curious to know what made people want to become a member of this fascinating forum of fulhamers. Personally for me i was a member of cottage corner , back on the official site and when it shut down i needed a new lease of light , a new field to share my anger and thoughts , i searched the new and game across a few , but friends of fulham was the only one for me .  :clap_hands: . I don't really know why i started using fulham forums however , must of been a spur of the moment thing , but i haven't looked back since  049:gif

jms

Rare to find a football site that is 'Woman friendly'.....that's why I chose it. Simple.

Berserker

I was on the old Cottage Corner and FOF. Then when the old CC went a bit silly I spent more time on this one. Then I was asked to be a Mod so ended up spending most of my time on this forum.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

I got fed up with so many of the twazzocks on the official site, should have made the move years earlier.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MOR :

Must say that I used to use TIFF but it started getting silly and personal...So over I popped to FOF and have never looked back.

We know everyone is different but the majority of us have one BIG thing in common we love our club...Fulham Football Club is a way of life and so reading and adding stuff to FOF has become a way of life.

There's not many days I do not read this message board, now that's a massive compliment to those that moderate the board and those that post on the board...

Well done to everyone associated with FOF...from a satisfied customer...

MJG

Hated the offical, used to be on TIFF all the time but now just read it, never ever post (at least with my name).
Used to just read FOF which seemed like a cosy private club (and it still has some issues like that) but its well moderated on the whole, and while I think the political clampdown is a bit harsh at times, it does keep things on an even keel.

epsomraver

Got fed up with the stupid key board warriors of the old forum , felt that this forum would benefit  from an influx of intelligence, wit and charm which sadly I was unable to offer. :005:

Neil D

Quote from: jms on March 23, 2014, 10:55:36 AM
Rare to find a football site that is 'Woman friendly'.....that's why I chose it. Simple.
What constitutes 'woman friendly'? 

Lighthouse

I was approached up a dark alley. Some femme fatale came out of the gloom and stepped into the light thrown from a window. I picked the light up and offered it to her. She took it and told me to expect a call on the phone she gave me from out of her handbag. I lit her cigarette but she was a non smoker. She left behind an air of mystery. I took that home with me and waited for the call.

I am still waiting. So while I wait I, like many others, came here from the offal. Despite every attempt to make me leave, I remain, waiting for the telephone to ring.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

I was on the offal but it was too bad for words so I lurked more than I posted, and as it descended in to the fire and brimstone of Forum Hell I stopped lurking altogether.

Someone (not sure who) recommended the VOY forum, and I posted on that for a bit. I must admit to finding the format on that tedious, so again my activity went in to terminal decline...

Someone (not sure who - perhaps it was Lighthouse's femme fatale) then recommended FOF to me, and from the moment LB welcomed me aboard it has just felt like home. Over time the home has got bigger to cope with the increase in the number of residents, the odd room may get a bit untidy, the plumbing may creak from time to time, and the odd resident here and there may throw the occasional toy out...but you know what?

It's still HOME.

I am filling up now, so should probably end it there  :dft011:

:group hug:

grandad

Been on them all but now I only post on this one. I do miss Realistic though. What happened to him?
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

I was one of the first to join the old Friends of Fulham. The site had just been activated when Mr. Barrett numero elf dropped by FulhamUSA.com with a blanket invitation that I accepted immediately. When the old fulhamUSA.com was hacked and looked to have died, I started spending most of my time over here.

What a glorious site this was in the early days -- good humor and banter, excessive politeness and respect, no baiting or name calling, no multiple threads on the same topic, and real evidence that posters actually read what was on the forum before commenting.

Since I've joined, I've hung around with the exception of a few self-imposed exiles and the great FofF crash. One of the great joys of my life was putting faces to noms-deFofF when the missus and I traveled over the sea a couple of seasons back. The wonderful FofFers I met are still deep in my heart.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on March 23, 2014, 01:28:52 PM
I was one of the first to join the old Friends of Fulham. The site had just been activated when Mr. Barrett numero elf dropped by FulhamUSA.com with a blanket invitation that I accepted immediately. When the old fulhamUSA.com was hacked and looked to have died, I started spending most of my time over here.

What a glorious site this was in the early days -- good humor and banter, excessive politeness and respect, no baiting or name calling, no multiple threads on the same topic, and real evidence that posters actually read what was on the forum before commenting.

Since I've joined, I've hung around with the exception of a few self-imposed exiles and the great FofF crash. One of the great joys of my life was putting faces to noms-deFofF when the missus and I traveled over the sea a couple of seasons back. The wonderful FofFers I met are still deep in my heart.

So it's LB's fault we got all you yanks ! :005: :005:

Berserker

Quote from: Neil D on March 23, 2014, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: jms on March 23, 2014, 10:55:36 AMRare to find a football site that is 'Woman friendly'.....that's why I chose it. Simple.

Personally it's being treated as an equal. When I first came on FOF I posted as neither a man or women, and people presumed I was male and i was treated fine, then I was outed one day when somebody spotted me at a game, after that even though posters knew I was female they still treated just fine. Therefore I'm treated the same if I'm a man or women on FOF, so treated equally.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Quote from: epsomraver on March 23, 2014, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 23, 2014, 01:28:52 PM

So it's LB's fault we got all you yanks ! :005: :005:

I thought he was Texan  :dft011:

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Neil D

Quote from: Berserker on March 23, 2014, 01:53:05 PM

Personally it's being treated as an equal. When I first came on FOF I posted as neither a man or women, and people presumed I was male and was I treated fine, then I was outed one day when somebody spotted me at a game, after that even though posters knew I was female they still treated just fine. Therefore I'm treated the same if I'm a man or women on FOF, so treated equally.
Fair enough.

Herbie

I used to read the BBC 606 Fulham page, but that got taken down due to Auntie's budget cuts. I was then looking for a home to read and discuss all things Fulham. I tried poking my head into the offal forum a few times, but found it juvenile.

I can't honestly remember how I came across Friends of Fulham, whether it was a tip off from the guy that used to sit next to me in H2, or if it was mentioned elsewhere online.  However, when I poked my head in here, I found the discussion interesting (in that there actually was real discussion) and funny.  I also liked the daily fulham stuff thread, which was (and still is) a good source of FFC news away from the mainstream news outlets.

It took me a while to pluck up the courage to post on here, but when I did I was made to feel welcome, which is another big positive for this forum. I like the fact that this forum is like a night down the pub after a game, where you can discuss all things Fulham with friends without fear of being trolled by the idiot in the corner who just waits to insult people.

ron

Good natured banter and honest debate without rancour.

What more could anyone want out of a site such as this?

cmg

Quote from: Burt on March 23, 2014, 01:20:12 PM

- perhaps it was Lighthouse's femme fatale

:group hug:

Not this one? She only just made it past the haunted 27.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0d5rH45Ux0#

jms

Quote from: Neil D on March 23, 2014, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: jms on March 23, 2014, 10:55:36 AM

Not full of sexist comments or patronising comments about women and their football knowledge......you'd be surprised what a lot of misogyny there is out there in the ether.....or perhaps you wouldn't be. This site also has a woman moderator, which is good too.