watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why Did You Join FOF ?

Started by Sammyffc, March 23, 2014, 10:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

Whoops just seen Berserkers comment. I rest my case.

Thamesbank

Can't remember how I came here but think I was I pulled across from TIFF by a news report. Still far more active on TIFF but visit here most days as well.

MikeCdawg

Being from Belfast, Fulham fans are about as rare as sunny days over here! So I was looking to join a forum where I could have an intelligent conversation with others. Instead of getting grief for simply supporting Fulham.

I think I just googled 'Fulham Fan Forum' and this was the one I chose! And have never looked back!

YankeeJim

Like most yanks, I followed American players over the pond. At first, I tried Citi, since Claudio Reyna was there and just couldn't stand all the testosterone turkeys. I than tried Manure (what did I know, I'm a yank right?) because Jonathan Spector but he rightly never got a game there and what arrogance the fans had. Than a stroke of luck. FFC picked up McBride. that got me to College Corner where I managed to mostly put up with the Butt Sniffing Bird (Ostrich Watch ). BTW, how many loos did he have? Of course, the trolls, Realistic, The Don and some others although the latter seems to have changed his stripes (IMHO).  When FOF was started I immedaiately jumped ship & joined, mostly becasue it was well moderated. That has slipped a minor bit since we have picked up so many mew members but they all seem to be coming round. I've been back to the club site twice since I was one of the first 100 to join this fabulous  forum. I've been back to the club forum twice since I joined FOF. The last time it didn't recognize me and to be fair I didn'r recognize it either.
This is home and home is where the heart is. I'll pop in with a few more platutes later!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Holders

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 23, 2014, 06:52:53 PM
Like most yanks, I followed American players over the pond. At first, I tried Citi, since Claudio Reyna was there and just couldn't stand all the testosterone turkeys. I than tried Manure (what did I know, I'm a yank right?) because Jonathan Spector but he rightly never got a game there and what arrogance the fans had. Than a stroke of luck. FFC picked up McBride. that got me to College Corner where I managed to mostly put up with the Butt Sniffing Bird (Ostrich Watch ). BTW, how many loos did he have? Of course, the trolls, Realistic, The Don and some others although the latter seems to have changed his stripes (IMHO).  When FOF was started I immedaiately jumped ship & joined, mostly becasue it was well moderated. That has slipped a minor bit since we have picked up so many mew members but they all seem to be coming round. I've been back to the club site twice since I was one of the first 100 to join this fabulous  forum. I've been back to the club forum twice since I joined FOF. The last time it didn't recognize me and to be fair I didn'r recognize it either.
This is home and home is where the heart is. I'll pop in with a few more platutes later!

Interesting that you should mention OW! I would add Clydebank, whereas some others whom I've seen on here from time to time (e.g. PvD) have come around somewhat. I do miss Michael Saunders though, had some terrific debates with him.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

YankeeJim

Disagreement can be a lot of fun so long as its respectful. In all honesty, our own opinions about football in general and Fulham in particular are no more valuable than anyone else's. I consciously believe that while my ego tells me that I'm just being generous to everyone else. LOL It's when people insult or state an obvious opinion as fact, "So & so is useless while my guy is the second coming. Fact!"  that my hackles rise.

Nothing sounds better than my own melodious  wisdom.    092.gif  086.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RaySmith

I'd always read the Offal forum, though I only posted occasionally, and less and less when it declined into Cottage Corner.

I wasn't surprised when I visited CC one day, and found it had been terminated, since it was disgrace to the club, but where to go for my fix of Fulham debate? -though there wasn't much of that on CC, and I began visiting FOF, and applied to join, and have found it generally a most congenial, well run and civilised place- about 500 times better than CC, or the old Offal

I used to post on a Guardian newspaper poetry forum, as well as FOF (don't all laugh), and found one  forum full of bullying, sexism, sneering and snobbery, and the other respectful of each other's views and civilised - and it was the Guardian  one I stopped posting on because of abuse and poor moderation, and I think this says a lot about FOF.

JIMMY D

I came across to friends of fulham when cottage corner went to the poo! This is a great forum and I love reading everyone thoughts about this great team.

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on March 23, 2014, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 23, 2014, 01:28:52 PM
I was one of the first to join the old Friends of Fulham. The site had just been activated when Mr. Barrett numero elf dropped by FulhamUSA.com with a blanket invitation that I accepted immediately. When the old fulhamUSA.com was hacked and looked to have died, I started spending most of my time over here.

What a glorious site this was in the early days -- good humor and banter, excessive politeness and respect, no baiting or name calling, no multiple threads on the same topic, and real evidence that posters actually read what was on the forum before commenting.

Since I've joined, I've hung around with the exception of a few self-imposed exiles and the great FofF crash. One of the great joys of my life was putting faces to noms-deFofF when the missus and I traveled over the sea a couple of seasons back. The wonderful FofFers I met are still deep in my heart.

So it's LB's fault we got all you yanks ! :005: :005:

Yep, and all those Exiles as well!!   Eh Roger?   :022:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

K33NY

Well at the start I was very on and off the forum, I think I first registered here in 2010 or 2011, but was never active on the forum, kinda scared to new places :P but reason I joined FoF was simply:

1: Google Fulham fan site
2: First one was FoF, an di tlooked active and decent
3: Register
4: Be scared to say something
5: 2013 Become active

First site I joined regarding fans for Fulham, besides the Norwegian official one :)

HatterDon

Quote from: Berserker on March 23, 2014, 01:54:27 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on March 23, 2014, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 23, 2014, 01:28:52 PM
I was one of the first to join the old Friends of Fulham. The site had just been activated when Mr. Barrett numero elf dropped by FulhamUSA.com with a blanket invitation that I accepted immediately. When the old fulhamUSA.com was hacked and looked to have died, I started spending most of my time over here.

What a glorious site this was in the early days -- good humor and banter, excessive politeness and respect, no baiting or name calling, no multiple threads on the same topic, and real evidence that posters actually read what was on the forum before commenting.

Since I've joined, I've hung around with the exception of a few self-imposed exiles and the great FofF crash. One of the great joys of my life was putting faces to noms-deFofF when the missus and I traveled over the sea a couple of seasons back. The wonderful FofFers I met are still deep in my heart.

So it's LB's fault we got all you yanks ! :005: :005:

I thought he was Texan  :dft011:

You, madam, are a joy!!!! 077.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Scrumpy

Quote from: MJG on March 23, 2014, 12:04:01 PM
Hated the offical, used to be on TIFF all the time but now just read it, never ever post (at least with my name).
Used to just read FOF which seemed like a cosy private club (and it still has some issues like that) but its well moderated on the whole, and while I think the political clampdown is a bit harsh at times, it does keep things on an even keel.

Me too. Word for word.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Nightwind15

I came in with Brian McBride.  The warm reception as an American fan has kept me here. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

jarv

I read some others occasionally but never posted because I was not too impressed with some of the stuff I read. I liked the comments, discussion and humour on FoF so decided to join in. Unless I am away from the internet, I check in every day. (Sad to say multiple times fp.gif)

SteveFFC

I too look in every day, but don't always find the time to post. Any way i found FoF during our Europa cup run whilst looking for help and advice about Hamburg, pubs etc and have never looked back since

WhiteJC

I came because I was fed up with the offal, I didn't believe that it was a true representation of Fulham Fans, in my view the lunatics certain took over that asylum!

whilst we're far from perfect I still believe that we're one of the 'fairer' football forums, in general we try to make reasoned arguments against others point of view without too much name calling and spitefulness.

I've met quite a few posters, and I must say that I've not met one I've not liked, so far, the only thing we all haven common is this irrational love for Fulham, Craven Cottage and the feeling that we're part of a bigger family, I hope that FoF imparts that to everyone who drops in, I think it does, but then I'm biased.

I must declare an interest here as although I'm a 'mod' I tend to stick to techie matters, my fellow moderators are far more reasonable than I am, I'd end up banning everybody :dft011:

the question I would ask is what keeps you coming back?