more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Speaking of realistic ...

Started by HatterDon, March 23, 2014, 01:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Quote from: jarv on March 24, 2014, 02:09:17 AM
This is a tough thread. personally, I think we are down but hope not. If we stay up, a big if, then we have to deal with all the negative threads about poor summer signings etc etc. The players are just not good enough. The team needs a whole new back 4 and 3 strikers. Not an easy task.

I dont think it matters if we go down or not, the team would need an overhaul either way imo, I really would hate to see us down, but I have settled with it allready if we do, I hope we stay up and I think, and I hope, that shall the palace game be the match that decides everything, I think we will have a hero doing it for us! why? because it will be at the cottage, it will be in the very last match, Hangeland has been there, he will rally them up, WE will sing for them, WE will cheer on them! We, the fans, we will be behind their shoulders supporting them cus thats what we are, supporters! But one person will be the hero to do so, and tbh I think it will be one we least expect it to be!

I hope this happends, and many years from now if I get asked where where you when Fulham stayed alive on the last match in May 11th 2014, my answer will be, I was at Craven Cottage, Hammersmith End, supporting them all the way! :)

Peabody

Well, speaking as someone who has probably seen more relegation than most, I still retain a small flame of hope.

Holders

As supporters, we may or may not believe in our heads and hearts that we're going to go down and even the most optimistic would concede that we have it all to do with a much worse GD than our rivals.

Nevertheless, we expect the players to fight until the end, so shouldn't we as well - so long as it's mathematically possible? What would the reaction be on this board if Felix or the players came out and said "we're down, better accept it"? Ok they get paid to give their best each game but they have minds as well, Felix has to get them believing. It has been done before and it could be done again. How would that look on Felix's CV? You can be sure he hasn't given up and won't let the players do so either.

If we did pull it off, wouldn't that be a season to look back on when the dust has settled? Better than another season of mid-table mediocrity maybe.

Either way, next year will be interesting. We said at the opening of the season that this is Jol's team and that there was no more room for excuses from him. I'll be very interested to see a Felix team playing his way from the off. I think he has his sights set high.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Quote from: Holders on March 24, 2014, 08:16:47 AM
As supporters, we may or may not believe in our heads and hearts that we're going to go down and even the most optimistic would concede that we have it all to do with a much worse GD than our rivals.

Nevertheless, we expect the players to fight until the end, so shouldn't we as well - so long as it's mathematically possible? What would the reaction be on this board if Felix or the players came out and said "we're down, better accept it"? Ok they get paid to give their best each game but they have minds as well, Felix has to get them believing. It has been done before and it could be done again. How would that look on Felix's CV? You can be sure he hasn't given up and won't let the players do so either.

If we did pull it off, wouldn't that be a season to look back on when the dust has settled? Better than another season of mid-table mediocrity maybe.

Either way, next year will be interesting. We said at the opening of the season that this is Jol's team and that there was no more room for excuses from him. I'll be very interested to see a Felix team playing his way from the off. I think he has his sights set high.

0001.jpeg

terryr

Quote from: maoconnor on March 23, 2014, 08:25:58 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 23, 2014, 08:08:36 PM
IF IF IF the management, players and supporters have the belief, we could certainly get at least 12 points out of the 7 remaining fixtures:

Fulham v Everton    Sun 30 Mar   

Aston Villa v Fulham    Sat 5 Apr   

Fulham v Norwich    Sat 12 Apr       

Tottenham v Fulham    Sat 19 Apr       

Fulham v Hull    Sat 26 Apr       

Stoke v Fulham    Sat 3 May       

Fulham v Crystal Palace     Sun 11 May

How big is that IF?             049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Everton - Draw
Villa - Win
Norwich - Win
Tottenham - Loss
Hull-Win
Stoke-Draw
Palace-Win

14 points for a total of 38. Survival. You heard it here first.

Didn't HULL annihilate us the last time we played them?

K33NY

Quote from: TerryR on March 24, 2014, 11:59:27 AM
IF IF IF the management, players and supporters have the belief, we could certainly get at least 12 points out of the 7 remaining fixtures:

How big is that IF?             049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Everton - Draw
Villa - Win
Norwich - Win
Tottenham - Loss
Hull-Win
Stoke-Draw
Palace-Win

Isnt past the past? I have many time seen matches being lost the first time, then the second time the other team wins, hows that impossible for us?....

Holders

Quote from: K33NY on March 24, 2014, 12:46:45 PM

Everton - Draw
Villa - Win
Norwich - Win
Tottenham - Loss
Hull-Win
Stoke-Draw
Palace-Win

Isnt past the past? I have many time seen matches being lost the first time, then the second time the other team wins, hows that impossible for us?....

Ipswich
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

YankeeJim

Everton - Draw
Villa - Win
Norwich - Win
Tottenham - Loss
Hull-Win
Stoke-Draw
Palace-Win

Hull really didn't do much. The team just laid down. It was pathetic.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

F(f)CUK

Been going to games since 74 and seen practically all home games since about 77 or 78. I believe the Weekend was a positive set of results for us. We were never going to get anything, our goal difference doesn't matter anymore and therefore the other results generally going for us was really good.

Get 3pts against Everton and we can start to believe. Until then I still think we are going down.