Who's in goal?

Norman

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

grandad

Can´t wait till Monday & It´s on ITV4.
Where there's a will there's a wife

chiefo

Fantastic result all considered. Confidence is with us next week after that heroic fightback. Many thanks for taking the effort to update us RL and others.

MickyAdamsFamily

Incredible!
What a result! And now it's all even for the second game at the Cottage.
Well played, and thanks for the updates.

Bill2

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 01, 2014, 08:52:57 PM
Full time. 2-2 it finishes
Had to laugh as some muppet behind me was moaning like mad because our keeping kept falling on the ball and wasting time once we had levelled. Does he really expect to throw it quickly back into play when we are down to 10 men, I bet if it was the other way round he wouldn't be moaning.

epsomraver

just got back,  Great second half, didn't see many Fulham there? The car park has not improved, 15 minutes to get out of it when crowd of around 2K

SKSW6

Pat Roberts was the star of the show once again. Basically put the team on his back at 2-0 down and tried, and fairly successfully, took on the whole Reading team on a number of runs. Twice I heard different Reading fans around me ask their mates "who's Fulham's number 10?".

It'd be interesting if anyone who was watching the U18s back when Frei played there would be able to compare the two. They have a similar stature, dribbling ability, age at which they shone and made their debuts, directness of running etc.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: epsomraver on April 01, 2014, 10:45:01 PM
just got back,  Great second half, didn't see many Fulham there? The car park has not improved, 15 minutes to get out of it when crowd of around 2K

Know what you mean, The Madjeiski is one of the best stadiums in the country in my view. The ONLY downside to it, is it's location. Out in the middle of nowhere and traffic before/after games (particularly evening games) is appauling. I've heard plenty of horror stories of people missing the entire first half of games because of traffic
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

When things get tough a team looks to its star names to get it out of the mire. Pat Roberts answered that call today. Small frame - big player.

Never seen any English player like him at that age.

When he establishes himself in the big team I hope we have a decent penalty taker.

epsomraver

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 01, 2014, 11:11:35 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on April 01, 2014, 10:45:01 PM
just got back,  Great second half, didn't see many Fulham there? The car park has not improved, 15 minutes to get out of it when crowd of around 2K

Know what you mean, The Madjeiski is one of the best stadiums in the country in my view. The ONLY downside to it, is it's location. Out in the middle of nowhere and traffic before/after games (particularly evening games) is appauling. I've heard plenty of horror stories of people missing the entire first half of games because of traffic

As they built in on a greenfield site you would have thought they would have planned the car park exits better, drove  there when it first opened still a building site and 45 minutes after the end of the game we was still in sight  of the ground, any how great result for the lads after a terrible first half.

Travers Barney

Great evening only marginally marred by the traffic on route...fantastic gutsy Fulham...Roberts was sublime and will rightly accept the plaudits but Sambou Donnelly and Williams also played significant roles throughout and the second half effort by the lot of them was magnificent.

Looking forward to Monday

Coyw
We are the whites

General

Quote from: SKSW6 on April 01, 2014, 10:53:01 PM
Pat Roberts was the star of the show once again. Basically put the team on his back at 2-0 down and tried, and fairly successfully, took on the whole Reading team on a number of runs. Twice I heard different Reading fans around me ask their mates "who's Fulham's number 10?".

It'd be interesting if anyone who was watching the U18s back when Frei played there would be able to compare the two. They have a similar stature, dribbling ability, age at which they shone and made their debuts, directness of running etc.

Roberts has more hype around him and seems to carry games more on his own for his age. I do think he needs to bulk up and grow, hopefully he will have a growth spurt in the coming years.

Frei had a lot of promise but clearly wanted to leave - I would've like to have kept him on longer, especially as he seems to have fallen a bit by the wayside since he left. I suppose if 4 or 5 of the players we have in our youth set up to not leave so quickly it could bode well for us. one frei for a Woodrow, dembele, Roberts etc is a price I can live with. Plus even if we go down to the Championship next year, for the rate the younger players are developing - talent and age wise - it could be the perfect platform for their age to develop their skills and hopefully grow with the club , getting us into the premiership in the meantime and blossoming similar to  that of Southampton now.

epsomraver

Quote from: General on April 02, 2014, 02:01:47 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on April 01, 2014, 10:53:01 PM

Roberts has more hype around him and seems to carry games more on his own for his age. I do think he needs to bulk up and grow, hopefully he will have a growth spurt in the coming years.

Frei had a lot of promise but clearly wanted to leave - I would've like to have kept him on longer, especially as he seems to have fallen a bit by the wayside since he left. I suppose if 4 or 5 of the players we have in our youth set up to not leave so quickly it could bode well for us. one frei for a Woodrow, dembele, Roberts etc is a price I can live with. Plus even if we go down to the Championship next year, for the rate the younger players are developing - talent and age wise - it could be the perfect platform for their age to develop their skills and hopefully grow with the club , getting us into the premiership in the meantime and blossoming similar to  that of Southampton now.

That does not make any sense, did you see him last night? he is George Best reincarnated! did Best need to grow and bulk up and then lose his pace?

HatterDon

Thanks to all who attended, commentated, and recapped.

I was away from the site all day yesterday, and it was a great pleasure to read this result and the U-21 one as well.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to inform us of the progress of these two squads.  077.gif

One question,though: What do you feel is Roberts' best role? #10? 2nd striker?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Harold Shand

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on April 02, 2014, 04:19:40 PM

I've seen him play all over the place for England, but has more usually, I would say, been seen as one of those present day right wingers who cut in from the right to use their left, a role for which he is very well equipped. He wears 7 for England.
But, I would say that the fact that he has laid claim this year to the no.10 is indicative of the role (and the player!) he favours.

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on April 02, 2014, 10:19:15 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 02, 2014, 04:19:40 PM

I've seen him play all over the place for England, but has more usually, I would say, been seen as one of those present day right wingers who cut in from the right to use their left, a role for which he is very well equipped. He wears 7 for England.
But, I would say that the fact that he has laid claim this year to the no.10 is indicative of the role (and the player!) he favours.
thanks!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel