News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why would relegation (if we are relegated) bother you?

Started by Tempest, April 01, 2014, 08:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

Relegation or not, I just want to see a new side that can play and pass the ball well. And actually see some goals for once.

SP

Although we'll have parachute payments I'll be bothered by the £ we'll lose from our category A games.  I don't know the sums but 5,000 away fans paying £40+ per ticket sounds a lot of money.  On top of that the corporates we'll lose at £60+ a go plus the £20 a bottle they pay for wine that Tesco flog for a £5.

Another concern is the jobs that will be lost, I recall from our last serious relegation scrap they were thinking 50 or so fulltime jobs would go from catering etc & more casual employees.

Baszab

SP - good point - people don't consider there are other people's livelihoods at stake  - there will be a huge shrinkage in jobs and outlay - what about our great junior setup ?
It's all very well saying it will be "fun" in the second division - but this is naive nonsense - the effects of relegation from the Premier are catastrophic - let's hope the owner is willing to see it through - what happens if he decides to take a £50m haircut and walk away ?? Then we become another Portsmouth - let's hope Khan will signal his intentions soon to us plebs who are the real supporters

Herbie

I realise it's an emotional subject, but saying relegation is catastrophic is a tad OTT, Baszab. If it were that bad, the game would have changed to remove the prospect of relegation.  There is obviously a financial impact, but it's not the be all and end all if the club is prepared for it. I have every faith that we are prepared with contingencies in place and FFC will still operate as a club if we get relegated.

MJG

What I will miss is the profile of the club. The premiership rules the sports news and championship is an after throught for local news at best.
But I see this as a chance to reboot the club and would hope the club see it as a chance to have a long term plan put in place.

Count Berbatov

I will miss watching Fulham every week. I already miss seeing Berbs in that dungeon Monaco..
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ffc73

Do the Championship get the international weekends off (e.g. Sep, Oct, Nov)?  These have been useful over the years for accumulating brownie points at home by doing non-football centric things on a Saturday during the autumn.  Same applies in the Spring once we have made our traditional early exit from the FA Cup.

The fact that I do not know the answer highlights the earlier posts of a lack of profile due to most coverage focused on the Premiership and all other divisions treated as an afterthought

Holders

As someone brought up on watching Fulham in the 2nd and 3rd divisions, the PL just doesn't feel like real football and I think that next year could be a whole lot more interesting and more fun than most of the last 13.

Having said that, I want Fulham to have a seat at the top table and I can't deny that the weekend's results have really hurt. It's now Wednesday morning and I couldn't face coming on here earlier.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mullers

What really bothers me about relegation is this squad should be on the same points as Southampton. If we were truly the worst in the premier then there would be no argument but I don't believe we are. One of the only things Jol said that I agreed with is that there are five or six teams that we should be comfortably above. Relegation feels like something the players have sleepwalked in to.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: FFC73 on April 02, 2014, 07:51:39 AM
Do the Championship get the international weekends off (e.g. Sep, Oct, Nov)?  These have been useful over the years for accumulating brownie points at home by doing non-football centric things on a Saturday during the autumn.  Same applies in the Spring once we have made our traditional early exit from the FA Cup.

The fact that I do not know the answer highlights the earlier posts of a lack of profile due to most coverage focused on the Premiership and all other divisions treated as an afterthought

Yes, Championship teams get international weekends off.

grandad

How many people, in all honesty can name the 24 clubs in the Championship, who their managers are & at least 2 players from each club?
That´s what relegation would mean. Forgotten.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Baszab

Hear hear - if I want to watch "real" football I can goto Hampton and Richmond - I had 30 years of watching "real" football at FFC - it's rubbish - even with George Best and Rodney Marsh