watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangerland at Clapham Junction this morning

Started by The Cravenette, April 01, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cravenette

I couldn't believe it.  It was definitley him on platform 11 waiting for the Motspur Park train.  I was on Platform 10 opposite.

I sometimes see some of the youth players heading that way with their tracksuits on but never a senior player.  I suppose he had car trouble!  Couldn't get a pic as there was so many people in fronnt of me on my platform.

westcliffchil

Great to hear that he is still able to travel to work like the rest of us.

The Cravenette

He did keep looking around as if he was worried he might be recognised.  Bit of a shame really that a Premiership footballer travelling during rush hour wasn't mobbed!!

the nutflush

Maybe hes sold his Mercedes.  Or maybe hes just trying to get used to life in a lower league.  Wont be on the big bucks next season. 

cmg

Was he carrying his boots with him, wrapped up in newspaper?

Actually, if you live in Chelsea Harbour/Imperial Wharf train to MPk via Clapham Jct isn't a bad option. Although you are still likely to get flattened by a fleet of mini-Bentleys if you're hanging around Motspur Park at knocking-off time (that's lunch time for Joe Public).

Neil D

Quote from: cmg on April 02, 2014, 08:03:46 AM

Was he carrying his boots with him, wrapped up in newspaper?

Nice one!  Don't forget the Woodbines...

leonffc

He said in an interview (last month?) that he often gets the train to training, as do some other players.
I'm pretty sure Sidwell does too

westcliff white

He does a bit of PR work for the company I work for (norwegian company), he lives on or near Wimbledon village like a lot of Norwegians in London do. In fact he lives next door to a guy I used to work with in the office, as did Erik Nevland when he was with us. Erik actually signed a shirt for my sign as a birthday gift, he still has it up on his wall.
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham1959

Neil D

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 02, 2014, 09:34:14 AM
He also spells his name without the 'r'.
Never trust someone who doesn't know how to spell his own name.

ffccaz

Quote from: leonffc on April 02, 2014, 09:14:59 AM
He said in an interview (last month?) that he often gets the train to training, as do some other players.
[/quoteSidwell lost his licence for speeding offences

Humbled

Also rides his push bike to games sometimes.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: leonffc on April 02, 2014, 09:14:59 AM

I've seen Sidders driving his Trike to Motspur park before, (no helmet required).

Looks a right lad  on it!
lol
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Shredhead

Holtby and Richardson also get the train.
Can't see the big deal really. They're not likely to get much abuse like some players.
And I'm reliably informed they train until (gasp) 4pm under Magath.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

The Cravenette

Well this was at 0840 so a pretty long day for him! Although if he lives in Wimbledon not sure why he was at Clapham.

FFCAli

If he lives in Wimbledon it's odd that he's often seen in Sainsburys in Richmond.  But if he lives in Richmond Clapham Junction would be the place to change trains.  Maybe..........

Danitar

I'm sure he lives in Richmond as someone one on this board posted an article from the guardian about him and it saying he lives in Richmond. Could be wrong

westcliff white

Unless the bloke I work with is a liar, and I am sure he isn't, as he took me to meet erik and get him to sign the top he lives in Wimbledon.  Could have moved I guess I have not seen Jone in 18 months as he moved back to norway
Every day is a Fulham day

Shredhead

Maybe he lives on the cusp of Wimbledon and Richmond?  We all know how creative estate agents can be at describing neighbourhoods.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC