watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Sunderland fielded ineligible player

Started by PokerMatt, April 03, 2014, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

First of all, a points deduction is not THE rule, but one of the potential penalties.

But most importantly, this was merely missing a tick on a form. He was their player who had come back from a loan spell, and so no advantage was gained.

Pretty classless and desperate for anyone to be pushing for a points deduction.

Totally different to the Tevez affair, or any other situation where a player is playing who shouldn't be (which wasn't the case here).

I hope they don't get a points deduction, as i would hope if we forgot such a notification, and we get the points we need ourselves.

Quite ironic, he played in one of the games we actually got 3 points, and they probably lost most of the others.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: Chesh on April 04, 2014, 09:38:51 AM
First of all, a points deduction is not THE rule, but one of the potential penalties.

But most importantly, this was merely missing a tick on a form. He was their player who had come back from a loan spell, and so no advantage was gained.

Totally different to the Tevez affair, or any other situation where a player is playing who shouldn't be (which wasn't the case here).

I hope they don't get a points deduction, as i would hope if we forgot such a notification, and we get the points we need ourselves.

Quite ironic, he played in one of the games we actually got 3 points, and they probably lost most of the others.

I would not say it was classless, its an interpretation. I actually have a copy of the premier league rules, copied the below for peoples readings.

6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER
Any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a match shall have any points gained
from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player's status only. The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in default.
Every day is a Fulham day

Chesh

Quote from: westcliff white on April 04, 2014, 10:16:33 AM
Quote from: Chesh on April 04, 2014, 09:38:51 AM

I would not say it was classless, its an interpretation. I actually have a copy of the premier league rules, copied the below for peoples readings.

6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER
Any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a match shall have any points gained
from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player's status only. The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in default.

As it says, the rule does not apply for lack of International Certificate, and so is a bit desperate to be expecting them to deduct points.

It was purely an admin error that they did not benefit from in the slightest, and trying to interpret it any other way is not right imo.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

I do agree chesh, however it says "may vary this decision", which leaves room open for asking where were they not deducted points. Be so much easier and clearer for everyone if they just had the rule on way or the other.

It's the same with uefa and fifa to, make it over complicated. All football fans want is a simple game as it was intended to be
Every day is a Fulham day

RaySmith

It doesn't matter if it was an admin mistake - they still played an ineligible player, and haven't received a meaningful penalty.

Airfix

Quote from: nose on April 03, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
n
Quote from: grandad on April 03, 2014, 09:08:11 PM
A 10 point deduction should be made.

Now you're talking!

They should deduct the same from West Brom and Cardiff too.  For being Sunderland's friends!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

and Norwich because it's probable that all of Delia's receipes are not her own (alledgedly)

Quote from: Airfix on April 04, 2014, 04:09:09 PM
Quote from: nose on April 03, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
n
Quote from: grandad on April 03, 2014, 09:08:11 PM
A 10 point deduction should be made.

Now you're talking!

They should deduct the same from West Brom and Cardiff too.  For being Sunderland's friends!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"