more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!

Started by Nick Bateman, April 05, 2014, 05:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Great win for Fulham away from home.

The whole team deserves credit and the manager for making the changes although I agreed with co-commentator Gary Birtles who said , "Why weren't they included in the first place?"

After scoring last week Dejagah came on for the "weak" Kasami and was instrumental in all the goals, with his wonderful goal skills, pace and work-rate.  He set up Holtby with a fantastic dummy only for the German to commit "Miss of the Season" with the goal at his mercy.

But Rod Laver, who has shed tears for Fulham's cause in the past was finally chosen over a kid upfront and popped up with a deft header.

Fulham can stay up if Magath sees this is the wrong time to experiment with inexperienced kids up front and give the seniors priority in our moment of need.
049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

PeterFFC

Have you had a change of heart over Magath's selections yet?

Blanco

What a win! Can't believe it! I agree, I dunno why he dropped Dejagah. Should have played instead of Kasami. I like Woodrow but bringing on Rodders was a great move. Love the passion from the players after the game!

COYW! We can do it!

CanadianCottager

Think he might have been easing Dejagah in after his hamstring problems, maybe doesn't want to give him the full 90 yet, but man, as weird as this sounds, I don't think I've seen Kasami put in a decent shift since Jol left

zschwartz

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 05, 2014, 05:01:21 PM
Fulham can stay up if Magath sees this is the wrong time to experiment with inexperienced kids up front and give the seniors priority in our moment of need.
049:gif
nope. its a mixture.

The old/experienced players are too old/slow to run for the full 90. He has to use them in small doses, like dejagah nursing his injury. Magath's hit the right balance. the team looked good and had plenty of chances in both the first and the second. as a coach all your really trying to create are chances.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: PeterFFC on April 05, 2014, 05:06:44 PM

We would have lost a winnable match had he stayed with Woodrow and Kasami as I said.  As I also stated, why did he reward Dejagah's goal and performance against Everton by dropping him today??? We saw the difference when he came on.

And Bent must be ahead of Woodrow or Dembele in our last remaining games along with Rod Laver up top.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: CanadianCottager on April 05, 2014, 05:10:54 PM
Think he might have been easing Dejagah in after his hamstring problems, maybe doesn't want to give him the full 90 yet, but man, as weird as this sounds, I don't think I've seen Kasami put in a decent shift since Jol left

My sentiments exactly - also, a fully rested dejagah against tired opponents, he will always beat them out.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 05, 2014, 05:14:46 PM
Quote from: PeterFFC on April 05, 2014, 05:06:44 PM

We would have lost a winnable match had he stayed with Woodrow and Kasami as I said.  As I also stated, why did he reward Dejagah's goal and performance against Everton by dropping him today??? We saw the difference when he came on.

And Bent must be ahead of Woodrow or Dembele in our last remaining games along with Rod Laver up top.
Because he has a hamstring problem, he was supposed to be out for 3 weeks or so but came back as sub after missing only 1 game, Magath will only risk Dejagah for 45mins until he is fully recovered.

Blanco

Bent won't play for us again. Magath obviously doesn't like him otherwise he would have played. I'd sooner have Dembele, Woodrow and Rodders on than Bent. Bent is old news. Get over him. Maybe a last 10 minute sub to nick a goal against a poor side but apart from that he can just warm the bench up IMO.

grandad

Never did David Fairclough any harm being a super sub. I am sure Ash is not 100% & I would rather he was treated with care than ask him to play 90 mins & break down.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bill2

Quote from: Blanco on April 05, 2014, 05:25:14 PM
Bent won't play for us again. Magath obviously doesn't like him otherwise he would have played. I'd sooner have Dembele, Woodrow and Rodders on than Bent. Bent is old news. Get over him. Maybe a last 10 minute sub to nick a goal against a poor side but apart from that he can just warm the bench up IMO.
Bent was not eligible today as he is a Villa player, although they may have preferred it if he did. As much as Woodrow has not put in a bad shift in these times we need the experience so I wouldn't expect to see him start next week.

grandad

Quote from: Blanco on April 05, 2014, 05:25:14 PM
He is on loan from Villa so could not play even if Felix wanted him to.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Blanco

Quote from: grandad on April 05, 2014, 05:29:45 PM
Quote from: Blanco on April 05, 2014, 05:25:14 PMBent won't play for us again. Magath obviously doesn't like him otherwise he would have played. I'd sooner have Dembele, Woodrow and Rodders on than Bent. Bent is old news. Get over him. Maybe a last 10 minute sub to nick a goal against a poor side but apart from that he can just warm the bench up IMO.
He is on loan from Villa so could not play even if Felix wanted him to.

I know he couldnt play. But even if he could he wouldnt have. And rightly so. Hes

THIS POST WAS EDITED DUE TO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

bog

Shades of the 1960's today. I seem to recall a 5-2 away in one year that kept us up.

049:gif 092.gif

valdeingruo

Well Dejagah has done well every time he comes off the bench. In addition to probably resting the hammy, why not let the defenders get used to kasami's style of play down the right and then throw them off completely by introducing him. Its worked three times already.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

fulhams_finest

totally agree aint broke dont fix it, dejegah is working!

Quote from: andersons11 on April 05, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
Well Dejagah has done well every time he comes off the bench. In addition to probably resting the hammy, why not let the defenders get used to kasami's style of play down the right and then throw them off completely by introducing him. Its worked three times already.

MikeCdawg

Quote from: andersons11 on April 05, 2014, 05:47:49 PM

I agree