watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (02/06/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 02, 2010, 07:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283248/Were-Inter-Roy-Inter-Milan-eyeing-Fulham-boss-Hodgson.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
We're Inter you, Roy! Inter Milan eyeing move for Fulham boss Hodgson

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has started to make plans for a rejection from Fabio Capello by moving to discuss his managerial vacancy with Roy Hodgson.
The Fulham manager is a close friend of Moratti's, but he is also emerging as a serious candidate to replace Jose Mourinho.
It would be his third spell as Inter manager but Moratti is also understood to be considering Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez for the task of stepping into Champions League winning Mourinho's dug-out.
Hodgson's stock has soared since he took over at Fulham three years ago, transforming them from relegation favourites into Europa League finalists.
He had previously taken Inter to the final of the UEFA Cup in 1997, losing in a penalty shootout against Schalke.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283248/Were-Inter-Roy-Inter-Milan-eyeing-Fulham-boss-Hodgson.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0pfyLYP1y

WhiteJC

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Celtic-win-the-race-for-Hull-star-Jimmy-Bullard-article444825.html
Celtic win the race for Hull star

Celtic have won the race to sign Hull midfielder Jimmy Bullard.

Bullard has agreed to join the Scottish giants on a 12-month loan deal after Newcastle dropped their interest in him.

The former Wigan and Fulham star will undergo a medical and is expected to complete his move to Parkhead before the end of the week.

Bullard would have preferred to have remained in the Premier League but Newcastle were the only club to show interest in the injury-prone star, before manager Chris Hughton decided to look elsewhere.

WhiteJC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/399618-the-top-xi-players-in-the-premiership-not-going-to-the-wc
2010 World Cup: Top 11 Players in the Premiership Not Going to World Cup

Whilst a good majority of Premiership players are already buying sun cream and guide books, spare a thought for those unfortunate players that will have to watch the tournament from the comfort of their own home. Here is my list of the top XI Premiership players that aren't boarding on a plane to South Africa...

GK – Brad Friedel (Aston Villa)

This would be a completely different story if Cech was the 'keeper of 2004-05, however a lackluster season for the Chelsea stopper means Friedel gets the nod. The American has had yet another cracking season albeit Villa's slightly upsetting final league standings. If he were 9 years younger, Brad would be USA's number 1.

DL – Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

Around December time Gareth Bale was linked with Championship teams such as Nottingham Forest, luckily the young Welshman seemed to take this speculation with a pinch of salt and his form took a huge boost that become pivotal in Spurs' eventual fourth place finish.

DC – Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal)

Partnering Silvestre and Campbell could be challenging for some veteran Premiership centre backs, but in his first year in English football, Vermaelen seems to have proven why a usually thrifty manager played close to ten million for the Belgian.

DC – Brede Hangeland (Fulham)

Constant Arsenal target, constant rock at the back, Hangeland has proved this season why he's wanted by so many clubs. Fulham's campaign has proven what it means to be a team, and Hangeland has been part of the spine. Hodgson won't be sweating too much about the departure of Smalling, especially with the price he got for him, not whilst the Norwegian is still at the club.

DR – Vedran Corluka (Tottenham)

It really is a shame that Croatia haven't made the final 32, they have made quite a name for themselves this season in the Premiership. The Tottenham contingent certainly put a smile on Bilic's face during his appearance on MOTD and it's obvious why. Ever since moving to London Corluka has slowly put himself up as one of the best right backs in the country.

ML – Andrey Arshavin (Arsenal)

Ten goals from midfield this season show that Arsenal need Arshavin more than ever, especially seeing as the inevitable will happen and Cesc will mosey across to Barcelona before the start of the season. Whilst not as influential as Fabregas, Arshavin's flair has rescued the Gunners numerous chances this campaign.

MC – Paul Scholes (Man Utd)

As G.Neville put it, Scholes is 'Best English midfielder in the Premiership' and whilst this statement may be a bit outlandish, his crucial goals and vision were integral to Man Utd's title chase this season.

MC – Luka Modric (Tottenham)

Perhaps the most creative player in the Premier League now, it is no wonder Modric has been linked to Manchester United as Scholes' successor. However would it be a clever move for him? In recent years those that have switched from Tottenham to the Theatre of Dreams haven't been able to captivate the Man Utd faithful. Spurs are looking more dangerous and more like a team than ever before. First name on this team sheet.

MR – Antonio Valencia (Man Utd)

Outright bamboozlement when he signed for Man Utd at the start of the season, especially for his price tag. After a shaky start to the season he provided ample support for Rooney. Whilst not a replacement for Ronaldo, he certainly helped the healing process.

ST – Dimitar Berbatov (Man Utd)

He might appear unmotivated and arguably a shadow of the player he was in his Tottenham pomp, but nobody can argue with the lad's first touch or technique. The now ex-Bulgarian captain would still be accepted in most teams, and by the looks of the way his future is headed, it's a good job as well.

ST – Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

Beat off competition from players such as Agbonlahor and Louis Saha because of his desire to prove the critics wrong. Admittedly some of his celebration against his own fans were unsavoury but Zamora has became a true contender for an England spot, and if you believe the reports he only turned down the chance to be part of the England squad due to injury then perhaps we will see frequent appearances from him in an England shirt after the World Cup.

WhiteJC

http://www.24worldnews.com/inter-milan-in-shock-bid-for-benitez/17442/
Inter Milan in shock bid for Benitez

Milan, June 1(ANI): Italian football giants Inter Milan have reportedly established contacts with Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.
Inter Milan made their move at the weekend, just when everyone thought they were chasing England manager Fabio Capello.
"Inter have been happy for everyone to think they want Capello as it's taken everyone's attention away from Benitez," The Sun quoted an Italian source, as saying.
The Italian team hopes to cash in on the uncertainty over Benitez's position as Liverpool manager, as it is being speculated that Capello wants to see out his England contract until after Euro 2012.
"Benitez is a manager I have always considered very good, but for the moment he is engaged," Inter Milan President Massimo Moratti said.
Benitez, who has also been courted by Juventus, plans to hold more talks over his future at Anfield amid growing speculation they will part company following the Kop's worst season since 1999.

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6184388,00.html
Hodgson - No Inter contact
But no Nerazzurri approach yet for Fulham boss

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson insists he has not been contacted about the chance to coach Inter Milan again, but would not rule out a return to the Giuseppe Meazza.

The Italian and European champions are on the look-out for a new coach after Jose Mourinho'sdeparture for Real Madrid, with England boss Fabio Capello and Liverpool's Rafa Benitez thought to be among their targets.

Hodgson has also been linked with a return after coaching Inter from 1995 to 1997, leading them to the Uefa Cup final, before having a second stint as caretaker in 1999.

The much-travelled 62-year-old remains on their radar having transformed Fulham from Premier League strugglers into European qualifiers before steering them to this season's Europa League final.

But Hodgson insists there has been no contact yet from Inter and that he is in the dark over who will be the Nerazzurri's new boss.

"I don't know who could be the coach," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"I saw an interview where Capello said he wanted to stay with England, but in that type of situation it is impossible to know where the truth lies.

Speculation

"There has been so much speculation on Benitez's future. The last thing I heard was that he wanted to stay at Liverpool, as he still has a four-year contract.

"I haven't spoken to anyone or heard anything from Inter," Hodgson added.

"There is the same type of speculation around my name as you get with Capello and Benitez."

And asked if he would be ready to accept another call from club president Massimo Moratti, Hodgson did not rule out considering such an offer.

"I have a contract with Fulham," he said.

"The day I receive a call from someone, then that is the moment I'll think about these things. For the moment I'm not thinking about them."

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283261/Fabio-Aurelio-ready-ditch-Liverpool-Europa-League-finalists-Fulham.html
Fabio Aurelio ready to ditch Liverpool for move to Europa League finalists Fulham

Fulham are in talks to sign former Liverpool left back Fabio Aurelio on a free transfer.
The Brazilian, 30, failed to agree terms with Liverpool on a pay-as-you- play deal and despite more lucrative offers from Greece, is keen to stay in the Premier League.

Ful of it: Fabio Aurelio (right) could be set for a move to Craven Cottage

His arrival could rekindle Paul Konchesky's move to Birmingham.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283261/Fabio-Aurelio-ready-ditch-Liverpool-Europa-League-finalists-Fulham.html#ixzz0pg0pp35I

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=200523
Fulham - Following Our Boys at 2010!
After Bobby Zamora was forced to admit that his Achilles injury was going to keep him out of contention for selection for the England World Cup squad, my interest in the tournament suddenly dipped.

But, now the tournament draws nearer, those waning interest levels are slowly increasing and by the big kick-off I`ll be well up for it.

During the competition we`ll be keeping an update on how our Fulham contingent fares, especially those playing for African countries, most notably first team regulars John Pantsil and Dickson Etuhu.

We hope you`ll join us as the world prepares to witness the culmination of four years of work, hope, luck and skill.

You never know you might enjoy it!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=200523#ixzz0pgAZ9vkP

os5889

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6184838,00.html

Hodgson tracking Schlaudraff

Cottagers keen on strike ace

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has admitted to holding an interest in Hannover striker Jan Schlaudraff.

The Germany international has fallen out of favour under Mirko Slomka and is reported to be keen on securing a switch this summer.

That has alerted the attention of Hodgson, who is keen to bolster his forward line during the transfer window.

"I am aware of Jan Schlaudraff," he said in BILD.

"He is a very fast player that is also able to score goals.

"He could add something to our squad."

Form

Schlaudraff is contracted to Hannover until June 2012, having joined the club from Bayern Munich in 2008.

He has three international caps to his name, but has not figured for his country since leaving Aachen in 2007.

Injuries and a dip in form have hampered his progress over recent seasons and a change of scenery may be required to get his career back on track.

os5889

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6184805,00.html

Ball causes WC keeper problems

Schwarzer: Ball problems (Best caption ever)

Duo add to colleagues concern over flight of 'Jabulani'

The ball to be used at the World Cup finals has come under more criticism from England stopper David James and Australia's Mark Schwarzer.

The 'Jabulani' has faced fire from all quarters by teams preparing for the South Africashowpiece in friendly matches, with complaints about the flight and weight of the ball.

The altitude of some of the venues in South Africa is said to have added to the problem.

Spain and Italy goalkeepers Iker Casillas and Gianluigi Buffon have already voiced concern, and Premier League duo James and Schwarzer have now added their voice to their debate.

James, expected to be included in Fabio Capello's starting XI for England's Group C opener against the USA, described it as 'horrible'.

He said: "The ball is dreadful. It's horrible, but it's horrible for everyone. You saw from Frank (Lampard)'s free-kick in the first half against Japan which dipped wickedly, so it'll be interesting."

Unpredictable

Schwarzer also said the flight path of the ball was causing problems, with the 37-year-old Fulham man telling Fox Sports: "Obviously it's quite unpredictable, the way the ball flies.

"Sometimes the ball has a genuine flight and other times it has a mind of its own so it has taken time to adjust and it will take us time still now."

Worries over the equipment to be used for the tournament surfaced when Buffon said the ball was 'unpredictable', while Casillas echoed similar thoughts.

Outfield players have also said the ball is difficult to control, but James fears it will be keepers that experience most difficulty when the competition gets underway on 11th June.

He added: "There are undoubtedly going to be some goals scored in this tournament which in previous tournaments, with different balls, wouldn't have been scored.

"It'll allow people to score extra goals, but leave some goalkeepers looking daft."

Timing
Schwarzer said he experienced difficulty in his side's 1-0 friendly win over Denmark on Tuesday, which came courtesy of Josh Kennedy's untidy effort.

The Socceroos were able to keep their 13th clean sheet fin their past 19 matches, but their keeper complained of difficulties with set-pieces and pass-backs.

One misjudged kick nearly handed the Danes a goal, and Schwarzer said the ball will take time to get used to.

He added: "We have got to use this time between now and the first game on the 13th (against Germany), where we are playing at sea level, to hopefully get used to the flight of the ball a little bit better and make things easier for ourselves.

"But the one thing you can't do is get frustrated because that is one thing that can happen very quickly (as a goalkeeper) if you are not holding the ball like you normally would if you are coming out for a cross and misjudging it.

"So you have to stay calm and probably hold your run a bit longer and then go a bit later, but it can be difficult because sometimes the ball (comes in) very, very quick as well."

os5889

http://www.football.co.uk/fulham/hodgson_not_thinking_about_inter_311912.shtml

HODGSON NOT THINKING ABOUT INTER
02 Jun 2010 - 09:14:52

Hodgson not thinking about Inter

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson says there is no chance of him returning to Inter Milan as Jose Mourinho's successor.

Hodgson, who coached the club between 1995 and 1997 before having a second stint as caretaker in 1999, had been rumoured to be set for a third spell in charge, while Fabio Capello and Rafa Benitez have also been mentioned as possible candidates as well as Pep Guardiola and Sinisa Mihajlovic.

However, 62-year-old Hodgson said: "I don't know who could be the coach (of Inter). I saw an interview where Capello said he wanted to stay with England, but in that type of situation it is impossible to know where the truth lies.

"There has been so much speculation on Benitez's future. The last thing I heard was that he wanted to stay at Liverpool, as he still has a four-year contract.

"I haven't spoken to anyone or heard anything from Inter. There is the same type of speculation around my name as you get with Capello and Benitez.

"I have a contract with Fulham. The day I receive a call from someone, then that is the moment I'll think about these things. For the moment I'm not thinking about them."

WhiteJC

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/boss-admits-exit-possible-1066501.html?
Boss admits exit possible

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has refused to rule himself out of the running to succeed Jose Mourinho as Inter Milan boss.

The Cottagers boss is a familiar face at Inter's Giuseppe Meazza stadium having enjoyed a spell as boss of the Nerazzurri between 1995 and 1997 and since Mourinho's departure Hodgson has been linked with a return to the Serie A giants.

England boss Fabio Capello and Liverpool chief Rafael Benitez have also been suggested as likely candidates to take the reigns at Inter and Hodgson has left the door open for the Italian outfit to make a move, although he insists he is happy at Craven Cottage.

"Me to Inter? I am surprised. I don't know. I have not spoken to anyone. I have not heard from Inter. My name is in the same speculation as Benitez and Capello (as they both have contracts elsewhere, like Hodgson)," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"I am under contract with Fulham, and I am happy there. When I hear something then we will see, but I cannot say anything at the moment."

WhiteJC

http://www.football-italia.net/jun01y.html?
Hodgson: 'If Inter did call me...'

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson admits he'd think about it if Inter called him for a third time, while he tips Italy and England for the World Cup Final.
The Nerazzurri are without a tactician after Jose Mourinho signed for Real Madrid, though candidates include Fabio Capello and Liverpool's Rafa Benitez.

"I don't know who could be the Coach," he told Sky Sport Italia. "I saw an interview where Capello said he wanted to stay with England, but in that type of situation it is impossible to know where the truth lies.

"There has been so much speculation on Benitez's future. The last thing I heard was that he wanted to stay at Liverpool, as he still has a four-year contract."

Hodgson is still very fond of Inter after sitting on the bench in two different spells from 1995 to '97 and again in 1999, reaching a UEFA Cup Final, so he too has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Mourinho.

"I don't know, I haven't spoken to anyone or heard anything from Inter. There is the same type of speculation around my name as you get with Capello and Benitez," continued the Fulham manager.

When asked if he would be ready to accept another call from President Massimo Moratti, Hodgson kept his cards close to his chest.

"I have a contract with Fulham. The day I receive a call from someone, then that is the moment I'll think about these things. For the moment I'm not thinking about them."

Hodgson was more open on his predictions for the World Cup in South Africa.

"Both Italy and England have a good chance of winning, as they have players with experience and quality.

"In these tournaments you also need a bit of luck, so with that both of them could reach the Final. This is not a competition like a League, where if you drop points one week, you can make them up the next."

WhiteJC

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=791941&sec=europe&cc=5739
Hiddink committed to Turkey

Guus Hiddink has rejected an offer to take charge of Inter Milan next season, according to his agent.

Hiddink, who has agreed to take charge of the Turkish national team after four years with Russia, has been linked with a shock switch to Inter following the departure of Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid. Fellow Dutchman Wesley Sneijder had hailed his ability and was eager to see him move to San Siro.

However, Hiddink's agent, Cees van Niewenhuizen, insists the former Chelsea coach has no intention of walking out on Turkey.

"Inter asked me last week if Hiddink could be a candidate for the Nerazzurri hotseat,'' he told Telelombardia. "They told me that he was the number one candidate on the list.

"I replied that it is impossible because Hiddink has only just started his experience with the Turkish federation and he will not go to the federation and ask them to be freed from his contract. Hiddink wants to respect his contract.

"You can never say no, but I believe it is impossible."

Fabio Capello has also been strongly linked with the position, but it is understood that he plans to see out his current contract with England until the end of the 2012 European Championships.

Chile coach Marcelo Bielsa is also thought to be under consideration, along with Fulham boss Roy Hodgson, who took Inter to the UEFA Cup final in 1997. Rafael Benitez, previously expected to join Juventus, could also be a candidate.

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumours/2010/06/02/1954361/fulham-interested-in-signing-defender-fabio-aurelio-from?
Fulham interested in signing defender Fabio Aurelio from Liverpool - report

Fulham are believed to be interested in procuring the services of Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio on a Bosman transfer.

The Reds had offered the full-back a pay-as-you-play deal owing to his injury-prone nature. But having rejected the offer, the Brazilian will be leaving Anfield - as confirmed recently by manager Rafael Benitez.

The 30-year-old was believed to be headed in the direction of a lucrative deal with Greek heavyweights Olympiakos, but The Daily Mail reports that the player remains keen to continue plying his trade in England.

The London-based club are consequently believed to be in talks over a potential deal that could see the left-footed player swap Anfield for Craven Cottage.

It has been speculated that if the move reaches fruition, it would pave the way for Paul Konchesky to transfer to Birmingham City.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/FulhamMembersClub.aspx?
Fulham Members' Club

Fulham Members' Club 2010/11 Coming Soon

The Club is already working on an even better offering for the 2010/11 Fulham Members' Club which will include more benefits for all of our Adult, Junior and International Members. 

Some of the benefits for the 2010/11 Season will include money off designated match tickets throughout the season for both Adults and Juniors, loyalty points rewarding your attendance at both home and away matches and an even better Members pack including one-of-a-kind Fulham merchandise.

Register your interest today by filling out the form below and you will be the first to receive an email as soon as Membership for the 2010/11 season goes on sale.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/FulhamMembersClub.aspx?#ixzz0pghRDUak

WhiteJC

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/worldcup/article-23840393-mark-schwarzer-stay-calm-over-world-cup-ball.do?
Mark Schwarzer: Stay calm over World Cup ball

Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer believes the key to coping with the controversial balls to be used at the World Cup will be to remain calm after admitting to struggling with them during yesterday's 1-0 warm-up win over Denmark.

Schwarzer found it difficult to judge the flight of the ball at corners and also misjudged a back-pass in the first half which almost gave the Danes a rare sight on goal.

Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas, Italy's Gianluigi Buffon and England's David James have also voiced their concerns over the 'Jabulani' ball, and Schwarzer accepts it will take some getting used to.

The 37-year-old Fulham man told told Fox Sports: "Obviously it's quite unpredictable, the way the ball flies.

"Sometimes the ball has a genuine flight and other times it has a mind of its own so it has taken time to adjust and it will take us time still now."

The ball flew around everywhere during the clash against Denmark, which was played at 1700 metres above sea level on the outskirts of Johannesburg, although Australia's first World Cup match will be played at sea level in Durban against Germany on June 13.

Schwarzer continued: "We have got to use this time between now and the first game on the 13th, where we are playing at sea level, to hopefully get used to the flight of the ball a little bit better and make things easier for ourselves.

"But the one thing you can't do is get frustrated because that is one thing that can happen very quickly (as a goalkeeper) if you are not holding the ball like you normally would if you are coming out for a cross and misjudging it.

"So you have to stay calm and probably hold your run a bit longer and then go a bit later, but it can be difficult because sometimes the ball (comes in) very, very quick as well."

Despite the problems dealing with the ball, the Socceroos still kept their 13th clean sheet in their past 19 matches in a good sign ahead of their three tough group matches against Germany, Ghana and Serbia.

"Our priority (against Denmark) was to make sure we defended well and we were organised and we limited them to only a couple of chances," Schwarzer said.

"So we are happy with the result and we know we can perform even better but the positive in the second half was we tended to finish the game quite strongly and that is positive knowing the (fitness) work we are doing (in training) is working well for us."

Lighthouse

ORIENT should certainly be resilient next season, with the arrival of yet another defender at Brisbane Road.

Elliot Omozusi was unveiled by the club today (Wednesday morning.)

Twenty one year-old Omozusi has been signed up boss Russell Slade for one year, with the option of another year in the contract.

Omozusi is a right-back who can also play in the centre.

Those are the spaces made vacant by the exit of Stephen Purches, and the looming departure of Tamika Mkandawire.

Omozusi arrives from Premier League Fulham, where he made eight appearances from 2006.

He spent spells on loan at Charlton Athletic and also Norwich City, making 21 appearances for the Carnaries and ten for the Addicks.

Now Omozusi will look forwards to pinning down a regular spot in Slade's new-look side
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283419/Roy-Hodgson-eyes-Hannover-striker-Jan-Schlaudraff.html?ITO=1490).
Jan the man for Fulham: Boss Roy Hodgson eyes Hannover striker Jan Schlaudraff

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has ear-marked Hannover striker Jan Schlaudraff as the man to bolster his attacking options next season.
The Germany international endured a torrid season, making just 10 appearances as form and fitness deserted him in the run up to the World Cup.
The 26-year-old moved from Bayern Munich in 2008 but has yet to build on the three international caps he earned before 2007. 

Jan the man: Jan Schlaudraff is wanted by Fulham boss Roy Hodgson
Hodgson is keen to add some much-needed firepower to a front line that relied too heavily on Bobby Zamora this campaign.

'I am aware of Jan Schlaudraff,' the Fulham boss said. 'He is a very fast player that is also able to score goals. He could add something to our squad.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1283419/Roy-Hodgson-eyes-Hannover-striker-Jan-Schlaudraff.html?ITO=1490).#ixzz0phhTrbLU

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8718071.stm
World Cup 2010: Redknapp and Hodgson join BBC team

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp and Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will be part of BBC Sport's studio line-up during the 2010 World Cup with summer.

Redknapp was named Barclays Premier League Manager of the Season this year, with Hodgson taking the League Managers Association award.

They join previously announced pundits Clarence Seedorf, Jurgen Klinsmann and Emmanuel Adebayor on the BBC sofas.
"We are delighted," said Philip Bernie, BBC Head of TV Sport.

"(We will) have on board two of the most respected English managers to add to an already great line-up."

WhiteJC

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/02/world-cup-bbc-hodgson-redknapp?
BBC add Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp to World Cup pundit team
• Two more managers join team to broadcast from Cape Town
• Colin Murray will host World Cup highlights show

Roy Hodgson will be a BBC World Cup pundit. Photograph: Steven Paston/Action Images

The BBC have confirmed they have added Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp to their studio team for coverage of the World Cup.

Hodgson and Redknapp will join Jürgen Klinsmann, Clarence Seedorf and Emmanuel Adebayor as guest pundits, working alongside regulars including Gary Lineker, Lee Dixon, Gordon Strachan and Alan Hansen.

Colin Murray, meanwhile, will replace Adrian Chiles as host of the BBC's late-night World Cup highlights show.