watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (02/06/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 02, 2010, 07:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/06/02/hangeland-staying-at-fulham-says-agent-64767-26571892/

Hangeland staying at Fulham, says agent

Jun 2 2010

By Paul Warburton

BREDE Hangeland will stay at Fulham – and there has been no contact with Arsenal over a prospective £10million move for the coveted defender – claims his agent.

According to reports, the mainstay at the heart of the Whites defence has again been linked with a move to The Emirates – as he was this time last summer.

That speculation resulted in a new contract designed to keep the 28-year-old at Craven Cottage until 2013 – but it appears Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is still keen on Hangeland.

If that's so, it's news to his agent Rune Hauge, who insists there has been no contact with anyone at Arsenal.

He said: "Brede is more than happy at Fulham, and I've had no enquiries from anyone about him.

"I have no meetings scheduled with Fulham to discuss him, or anyone else for that matter – and there has been no activity from us regarding a move.

"But as you known in football, what will be, will be – but I would be very surprised if Brede is not a Fulham player next season."

Hangeland has just become a father for the second time and is keen to stay in London where he is settled – so any move for the player, pivotal in Fulham's Europa League success last season, would limit him to a top club in the capital.

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/qpr-ealing/2010/06/02/helguson-could-fill-striker-void-says-qpr-boss-64767-26571940/

Helguson could fill striker void, says QPR boss

Jun 2 2010 By Paul Warburton

NEIL Warnock wants Heidar Helguson to seize a second and last chance to stay at QPR.

The Hoops boss is keeping his fingers crossed the Icelandic hitman will show him what he is capable of pre-season and negate a search for a third new striker.

The smart money was on Helguson making permanent his loan deal with Watford – but Warnock believes the Hornets are not the only ones capable of getting the best out of a player whose form since he joined Rangers in November 2008 has been patchy at best.

Warnock said: "I don't see any rush in selling Heidar.

"I would like him to come back to us in July and give it a go. If it works – great, if not, then we'll try and work something out that suits everyone."

Helguson hit the ground running when he initially joined Rs on loan from Bolton by hitting five in 10 games. But after the deal was made permanent for a knockdown £250k fee in January 2009, the 32-year-old lost form and was also beset with injury.

The former Fulham striker was then loaned back to the club where it all started for him in English football at the beginning of last season, and then stayed at Vicarage Road until the end of the campaign.