https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Credit to Felix

Started by Southcoastffc, April 05, 2014, 06:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 05, 2014, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: Holders on April 05, 2014, 08:15:04 PM
It was a team effort and hard work that won it. "Arbeit macht drei".

I think you mean 'Arbeit macht frei'?

Indeed, but some rather negative connotations with that phrase.

MJG

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on April 05, 2014, 11:14:39 PM
He got his starting 11 so so wrong, fair play changed it at half time but still not convince he's the man long term
I dont think he did. Listen to his post match interviews and the plan was to give dejagah/Hugo the second half and use their pace after keeping tight first half.
Woodrow did nothing wrong and ok Kasami was not great but he knows second half we are crap so decided to have a game plan for it.

Neil D

Seven points in seven games for Felix represents a significant improvement over his predecessors (10 in 13 for both of them).  Also, I like the dude but then I liked Meulensteen as well.  Hell, he could be Tony Pulis and I'd still like him if he were delivering results.

sunburywhite

He knew what he was doing with his substitutions. He bought a fresh pair of players on and their pace gave them an extra two yards against a lumbering defence which had already played 45 minutes

It was a kind of rope a dope situation
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Holders

Quote from: RoyTund on April 06, 2014, 07:52:30 AM

I meant that the three points came about by hard work and team effort. Arbeit = work, macht = makes drei = three.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Magath got it spot on, and for the Norwich game I would start the same team, perhaps kaca for kasami....

bring hugo and dejegah on as impact subs at half time....

sunburywhite

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on April 06, 2014, 02:27:31 PM
I think Magath got it spot on, and for the Norwich game I would start the same team, perhaps kaca for kasami....

bring hugo and dejegah on as impact subs at half time....

I would start Roberts for kasami, the rest as per
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

LBNo11

...I am warming to Felix, a down to earth manager who has instilled belief in the players and in some of the fans. Let's face it he is still experimenting to get the right mix, one manager had 2 years and couldn't get it right with many of his own signings. He makes a team selection, looks for weaknesses and fatigue and makes substitutions depending on how the game is going. Will he make the difference between survival or the drop, time will tell, but if anyone can, Magath can...

WATW  049:gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Would like to know why Rodders wasn't even in the squads after his brief first appearance under Felix. I have no idea what team or formation Felix will play. As long as the team know and it works than great. A big gamble yesterday with three at the back. We nearly were caught out. But it is time for these gambles so credit indeed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Count Berbatov on April 05, 2014, 06:24:00 PM
Plus now they all know they get a chance to play and feel involved. there's nothing worse than being benched and unable to help. So once you get a chance... Felix knows what he's doing

:plus one:

RidgeRider

HatterDon

Quote from: Holders on April 06, 2014, 01:00:09 PM

I meant that the three points came about by hard work and team effort. Arbeit = work, macht = makes drei = three.

some people don't appreciate your facility with words. I thought it was clever and quite funny.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on April 07, 2014, 03:32:05 AM

some people don't appreciate your facility with words. I thought it was clever and quite funny.

Thank you. The problem with plays on words is that if people don't understand them (and it takes away from it if you have to explain) they can just think that you're being ignorant or, in this case, insensitive.

I would never have used the other expression even if Kerim had still been here.

Vivat malaprop!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFCAli

Quote from: HatterDon
/quote]

+1

ffccaz

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 05, 2014, 06:14:27 PM
He's had not many weeks/training sessions/games to get to grips with a dire situation (which we are still in, let's not forget) and has chopped and changed team selections, sometimes as a result of things which we fans don't realise are forced upon him (e.g. Woodrow's illness last week) BUT he's not afraid to take decisions.  I like that.  Diarra in today seemed to me a bold call.  Half-time and 2 subs - when did a Fulham manager last do that? - and how they paid off!   Whatever happens for the rest of this season, this was Felix's day.   :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif  049:gif
0001.jpeg 049:gif 049:gif

Keefy

Face to face Felix is a different man to what to see on TV. Fully present, interested in what I had to say to him, responsive, polite and friendly. Not a man I would pick a fight with, but very happy to have in charge of my team.

Dixie

Quote from: Holders on April 07, 2014, 08:25:36 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 07, 2014, 03:32:05 AM

Thank you. The problem with plays on words is that if people don't understand them (and it takes away from it if you have to explain) they can just think that you're being ignorant or, in this case, insensitive.

I would never have used the other expression even if Kerim had still been here.

Vivat malaprop!

Based on a B at GCSE German, i don't understand how that could be construed as insensitive... please explain
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!