watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris hughton sacked

Started by SimpleTactics, April 06, 2014, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putney

Either this means we'll have to grind out a win or we'll destroy them.

All down to how we continue on from the hard work at Villa Park.

RaySmith

It was never going to be an easy victory - they are, like us, fighting for their lives. and we need to approach it like any other game, whoever is in charge.

HatterDon

He's a good bloke and his teams can play attractive football.

Delia has panicked a bit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Slaphead in Qatar

Why is this going to make norwich game more difficult? Why should they be revitalized? I imagine they will now be in shock and some disarray.

Deanothefulhamfan

This is the move Norwich needed to make....  New manager syndrome usually always results in 3 points.

I am not as confident now, as I was before I read this.

Macedo

I was confident of thrashing them with Houghton in charge, now going to
be so much harder.
Teams bouncing back when their manager is sacked happens a lot.
But im confident Felix will have us ready for it no matter who they have in charge.
COYW..

zschwartz

i do not think it will make too much difference. i expected 3-0 fulham now i expect 2-1.

westcliff white

i know there will be at least one time, but i cannot remember beating a team that sacks or appoints a manager just before they play us. we either lose or draw.

please someone point out that we have beaten a team or teams that have done this recently.

if we can beat Norwich we have a genuine chance looking at the last 4 games each team has.
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham1959

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 07, 2014, 04:08:33 AM
Why is this going to make norwich game more difficult? Why should they be revitalized? I imagine they will now be in shock and some disarray.

My feelings, too.

Slaphead in Qatar

Before we get too pessimistic look at who they have put in charge. Somebody who has never managed at this level.

Their board has panicked and made a stupid decision. This is a bit like wolves a few seasons ago sacking mcarthy and appointing his number 2 who then looked like a rabbit caught in headlights.

I am actually more confident about norwich game now. I am expecting norwich to come out with alot of huff and puff but no orgaization and very nervous.

F(f)CUK

In reality Norwich would have been up for this game whether Hughton, Adams or Mr M Mouse were in charge. We just have to beat them.

Is there anyone in their team who has been sitting it out with sufficient talent to turn a game such as Adebayor did for Spurs initially?

Macedo

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 07, 2014, 08:36:12 AM
Before we get too pessimistic look at who they have put in charge. Somebody who has never managed at this level.

Their board has panicked and made a stupid decision. This is a bit like wolves a few seasons ago sacking mcarthy and appointing his number 2 who then looked like a rabbit caught in headlights.

I am actually more confident about norwich game now. I am expecting norwich to come out with alot of huff and puff but no orgaization and very nervous.

Scunthorpe sacked Laws in November, and promoted youth team coach.
He just broke the record 26 games unbeaten since he took over.
Easy this management game..lol

Northern Cottager

Like most have said, shouldn't make a jt of difference to us. We needed to win yesterday and we need to win today. They will be up for the fight like they would have been under Hughton but they still have the same squad that has struggled. We'll be fine.

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on April 07, 2014, 03:54:26 AM
He's a good bloke and his teams can play attractive football.

Delia has panicked a bit.
Most of the Norwich fans on Reddit say his football had been dire for quite some time.

I can see this going the way of the Wolves game a couple of years ago, when Terry Connor was put in charge. As a few have already said, if we get an early goal they could be in for a hiding.

Bronaldinho

He knows the youth teams really well, so he'll probably incorporate some for this reign. The worrying aspect about that is that will play to prove something they did and bound to fast.. Riise would struggle against Redmond and anyone else with pace.

If we survive and Norwich go down, we have to raid them for Fer/Bassong/Redmond & Hooper. All 4 would be brilliant for us.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

jarv

No difference. I suspect they are resigned to losing the last few games so they have given themselves more time to appoint the new man, rather than wait until the summer and then panic.

ChesterTheTabby

Would not surprise me in the slightest.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Bassey the warrior

Not necessarily a good thing. They could benefit short term. New management often leads to a temporary improvement.

Arthur

He did, indeed.

On the other hand, Connor's best result was a draw at, then, high-flying Newcastle... in his first game in charge.

crazycottager

Quote from: Admin on April 06, 2014, 08:52:45 PM
Doesn't matter an iota to us, we need to beat them even if they put the special one in charge. Business as usual.

no offense, but i partially disagree, we can't get psyched out by this and just have to keep playing our game. do that and the points will come to us.