News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Beat Norwich and we only need 3 more points to leap frog them to safety...

Started by Jimpav, April 06, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Survival is a very real prospect when you compare our two run ins.

I think Palace are out of it now unless Villa can do us a favour and beat them.

ross_bamping

If we beat Norwich, our run in is easy than all of our opponents. We will need another 9 points IMO to scrape staying up, and extra point being helpful.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

ChesterTheTabby

Why does everyone keep forgetting about Swansea? They are on 33 points and keep losing. It will be Cardiff Sunderland Fulham, WBA, and Norwich really scrapping at the bottom, but do not put it past swansea to muck it all up, under Monk they have been far from an average team, very dire straights for them.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sammyffc

we cant forget sunderland also have 3 games in hand , everyone seems to be overlooking this !!

Jimpav

Sunderland have games in hand against Spurs, WBA and Citeh. They might beat WBA but I think we would still be ahead by the time we have played Norwich & Hull.

Swansea have some tough matches but play Sunderland away on last day of the season. I think that fixture will be defining.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 06, 2014, 10:23:10 PM
we cant forget sunderland also have 3 games in hand , everyone seems to be overlooking this !!

Look at their fixture list - I am not worried. Not to mention. all those games in quick succession, the players will be run ragged.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Bedford White

I'm taking a positive view to the end of the season as it does appear that our run in is "easier", but each game will need to be fought for. It seems that we can't expect to beat any team this season, therefore we will have to work harder for longer and grind out each result, we can do this as the Newcastle and Villa games have shown.