more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (11/04/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 10, 2014, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Former Fulham and Tottenham Boss Martin Jol in Talks Over Greece Job

Former Fulham and Tottenham manager Martin Jol is in talks with the Greek Football Association about taking over as the country's new coach.

Incumbent Fernando Santos is leaving his role as Greece coach following this summer's World Cup and the hunt is on for the Portuguese's replacement.

According to the Algemeen Dagblad, Jol has flown to Athens for talks with the Greek FA, although financial concerns are threatening to scupper any deal.

Jol is thought to want a minimum salary of €1m, while the Greek FA is reluctant to go above €700,000.

Jol however is not the only man in the frame to become the new Greece coach.

Italian Marco Tardelli, mooted in some quarters as the Greeks' preferred choice, is in the picture.

Other contenders include Jose Antonio Camacho and current Eintracht Frankfurt coach Armin Veh.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/04/10/former-fulham-and-tottenham-boss-martin-jol-in-talks-over-greece-job/135394/#4RrkylG3dQpRXvVi.99

WhiteJC

Third Shirts Now Half Price!

The Great Save! offers get better and better, and this week Fulham fans can buy their Third Shirt for half price!

Now just £24.99 (was £49.99), this limited offer won't be around for long so make sure you don't miss out.

Shop now to take advantage of this fantastic offer, available direct on 0843 208 1223, online, or come and see us at the Stadium Store.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/10/third-shirts-now-half-price?

WhiteJC

Wigan try to send loanee Ryan Tunnicliffe back to Fulham but told 'we don't want him'
Despite being rooted to the foot of the Premier League Fulham don't want Ryan Tunnicliffe back as Wigan attempt to wash hands of player

In happier times: Ryan Tunnicliffe joined Wigan in February but now Uwe Rosler wants to send him back to Fulham

Uwe Rosler is sending Ryan Tunnicliffe back to Fulham in a ruthless move ahead of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final.

Rosler, the Wigan Athletic manager, has ran out of patience with the former Manchester United trainee and terminated his loan spell early, with the midfielder now facing an uncertain future.

Tunnicliffe was signed on loan from Fulham in February without making an appearance under new manager Felix Magath and has struggled to impress Rosler.

The 21 year-old reacted furiously to his substitution in the 1-1 draw at Bolton last month and Rosler has also been frustrated by his attitude in training.

Wigan contacted Fulham on Wednesday to scrap the deal but the Premier League strugglers have told Tunnicliffe he is not welcome back until next week, as they prepare for Saturday's crucial game against Norwich.

Rene Meulensteen, Magath's predecessor, signed Tunnicliffe from United on deadline day but he only made two appearances before being loaned out to Wigan.

Magath is understood to have already told Tunnicliffe he can leave Craven Cottage at the end of the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wigan-athletic/10757309/Wigan-try-to-send-loanee-Ryan-Tunnicliffe-back-to-Fulham-but-told-we-dont-want-him.html

WhiteJC

Wanted by Dortmund?

Are we missing something here?

Or perhaps it is because we`ve seen so little of him that we`ve yet been able to form an opinion!

Anyway, cutting to the chase, it appears that our record signing, Kostas Mitroglou, has admirers.

Our record signing who has only made two appearances for us is said to be wanted by Borussia Dortmund.

The Bundesliga side see Mitroglou as the perfect replacement for the Bayern Munich bound Robert Lewandowski

I`ll leave you to form your own opinion on this one, I`m uncommitted seeing as I`d prefer to see what Mitroglou has to offer rather than simply judge him on those two appearances he`s made so far!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=355666#ixzz2yVanu81U

WhiteJC

Felix Magath: 'We must beat Norwich City'

Fulham manager Felix Magath has admitted that Saturday's home clash against Norwich City is a must-win game for the Whites if they are to maintain their chance of surviving in the Premier League.

Magath said that last week's 2-1 win away to Aston Villa was vital to give the players the belief that they needed, but it must be followed up with another three points at Craven Cottage.

"Last week we needed a win and fortunately we got it," he said in his pre-match press conference. "It helps a lot. It's an important win.

"We need a win against Norwich. For us, it doesn't matter who the opponent is. All the games are important now. Norwich will have fighting spirit now they've changed their manager, it won't be an easy game.

"[Changing their manager] was for them a chance to change something and I think it was a decision that could be good, but maybe it was too late."

Magath's side moved up to 18th in the Premier League with their win at Villa Park.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/relegation-battle/news/magath-we-must-beat-norwich_149123.html

WhiteJC

Darren Bent's 'personal issues' have limited Fulham chances - Felix Magath

FULHAM manager Felix Magath says personal issues have prevented Darren Bent getting more opportunities for the Cottagers since he took over.

Darren Bent has had personal issues recently[GETTY]

Bent started against Chelsea but has been disappointed with his playing time under the German.

But Magath claims he has responsibilities to his whole squad, not just Bent, as he seeks to keep Fulham in the Premier League.

He said: "I have used him. He played from the beginning against Chelsea.

"If I come here as a new manager I have to take care of all the players, not only Darren Bent, and I have to give everybody a chance to show the fans, the club and me how good they are.

Felix Magath says everybody wants to start for Fulham [GETTY]

"Everybody has got their chance but unfortunately for Darren in the last weeks there were some personal issues.

"I gave other players a chance and I think Darren will get another chance soon."

Asked whether Bent had expressed dissatisfaction with the situation Magath said: "Everybody wants to play. Everybody tells me yeah he wants to play.

"So I'm only looking at training sessions and I have to choose after the training sessions who was good and who has convinced me in the session and I decide who to play."

Bent has trained this week and could return against Norwich on Saturday.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/469653/Darren-Bent-s-personal-issues-have-limited-Fulham-chances-Felix-Magath

WhiteJC

Fulham keen on laid-back defender

Fulham are among a number of Premier League and Championship clubs interested in Rotherham United's teenage defender Danny Rowe.

The 18-year-old centre back has been a revelation since moving to Wycombe Wanderers in the last couple of hours of the emergency loan window last month. Rowe is very highly-rated at Rotherham and made his debut for the Millers in October in the Football League Trophy. He spent a brief stint at non-league Stalybridge Celtic before being snapped up by Wycombe and thrown in at the deep end. Rowe admitted he was still learning his teammates names when he started their League Two match against Scunthorpe and kept the division's top scorer Sam Winnall quiet. Wycome kept a clean sheet again in Rowe's second start and he looks set to keep his place despite the return of the more experienced Leon Johnson this weekend. Rowe told the Bucks Free Press: "I'm trying to get as many games as I can and learn from league football. I haven't had many games under my belt so it will be beneficial to me in the long run. It's a good move for me." "I'm quite laid back - maybe too laid back sometimes. I try to pass the ball out from the back - I used to be a midfielder three or four years ago so I've got good technical ability." Liverpool, Everton, Southampton and Fulham are among the clubs keeping close tabs on Rowe, with a view to snapping him up before he has chance to take a first-team spot with Rotherham.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-keen-on-laid-back-defender-1721012.html?

WhiteJC

Felix Magath: Fulham a new team after rousing Aston Villa win... and we WILL beat the drop

FELIX MAGATH is confident that Fulham will escape relegation after a rousing victory at Aston Villa last weekend.

A late header from Hugo Rodallega secured a crucial three points for the Cottagers but Magath believes the boost to the teams' spirits could be even more important  in the run in.

He said: "At the moment we have only important games and so last week we needed a win to hold on and fortunately we got it.

"We conceded an equaliser and we had to fight back and that was new last Saturday.

"I am convinced that we have now done most of the work to have the right fighting spirit for the rest of the games."

Indeed, Magath claims that Fulham are now like a new side following the rousing win.

He added: "It helps a lot. In feeling the atmosphere you notice that the players this week are free, they are laughing.

"I think it was an important win in the fight against relegation. We need another win in our next game and we will try against Norwich.

"For us it was very important to change the atmosphere and players if they have no success they are not confident. Instead they are thinking only of themselves and they are not free to look out for their teammates.

"That is what I think has changed now and you see at the training sessions now it is another team from before.

"They are playing very well and they have fun playing, they are not afraid to make mistakes and that is how we have to play.

"That's why I'm convinced we can stay in the league.  The whole club now believes following the win at Aston Villa.

"I think we need to win on Saturday and that will be fine and then we will see."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/469657/Felix-Magath-Fulham-a-new-team-after-rousing-Aston-Villa-win-and-we-WILL-beat-the-drop

WhiteJC

TEAM NEWS: Mitroglou out for Fulham but Bent and Parker set to return against Norwich

FULHAM will be without Kostas Mitroglou for the trip to Norwich on Saturday but the Greek striker could return to face Tottenham next weekend.

Felix Magath confirmed that Mitroglou was back in training but lacked the match fitness to take on the Canaries on Saturday.

He said: "He is improving but he will not join us this weekend but I hope for next week.

"At the moment he doesn't [have the match fitness] so he has to convince me in the training sessions. I'll have to wait and see how he's doing in the training sessions and decide from there."

However, the Cottagers could have both Darren Bent and Scott Parker back in the side with Magath confirming both were available this weekend.

There will be no place for Moussa Dembele however, after the young French striker flew out to America with the youth team after helping the club advance to the final of the FA Youth Cup earlier this week.

Fulham have no other fresh injury concerns.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/469661/TEAM-NEWS-Mitroglou-out-for-Fulham-but-Bent-and-Parker-set-to-return-against-Norwich

WhiteJC

Hat-trick hero Dembele will not feature but Magath is convinced Fulham will stay up

He might have scored a hat-trick to fire Fulham's youngsters to the FA Youth Cup Final, but Moussa Dembele won't be playing any part for the senior side this weekend.

The 17-year-old fired three goals, including a last minute winner, for Fulham to beat Reading and set up a tie with the winner of Arsenal and Chelsea, who play tonight.

'Our youth team has gone to America and Moussa joined them. He doesn't belong to the [first-team squad],' said Fulham boss Felix Magath.

Hat-trick hero: Fulham youth team star Moussa Dembele has travelled to America with the youngsters

Belief: Fulham boss Felix Magath is convinced his team will stay in the Premier League

After the morale-boosting win against Aston Villa the German is convinced his team can stay in the division.

Magath added: 'They're not afraid to make mistakes and that's how we have to play and why I'm convinced we will stay in the Premier League.

'The whole club now believes after the win against Aston Villa. I think we need to win on Saturday and then we will see.'

No plans: Kostas Mitroglou (centre) will not play any part either

Another striker not currently in Magath's first-team plans is January signing Kostas Mitroglou.

'He is improving but he will not join us this week. I hope for next week,' added Magath.

'At the moment [he will not play again this season], but he has to convince me in the training sessions so I have to wait and then I will decide.'

Fulham have a huge game against manager-less Norwich at the weekend. After sacking Chris Hughton on Sunday night, Neil Adams will take charge for the Canaries.

'At the moment we have only important games. We needed a win last week and fortunately we got it,' added Magath.

Winner: Kieran Richardson's goal gave Fulham renewed hope in the relegation battle

'It helps a lot - the feeling, the atmosphere, you feel it this week. The players are free, laughing and so I think it was an important win to go on in fighting against relegation. We need another win in the next game and we will try against Norwich.

'We fought back and that was new, so I'm convinced we have done most of it to have the right fighting spirit for the rest of the games.'

The Canaries are looking in a perilous position at the bottom of the League, though a victory could see them rocket out of danger, depending on other results.

New man: Neil Adams will take charge of Norwich City after the sacking of Chris Hughton

Magath said: 'For us it doesn't matter who is he opponent because we have only important games now, but Norwich have a very bad schedule.

'They have very, very difficult games ahead. They will fight for 90 minutes.

'You can never say what's happened in another club, but they took a manager who knows everything in the club, so it was for them a chance to change something and I think it was a decision, maybe, that will be good for them. Maybe it was a little bit too late.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2601571/Hat-trick-hero-Moussa-Dembele-not-feature-Magath-convinced-Fulham-stay-up.html#ixzz2yVdR9vLi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Magath's Norwich Preview

Felix Magath was a happy man last Saturday as he watched his Fulham side secure a massive three points against Aston Villa.

The victory means that another win this weekend against Norwich City at the Cottage will move the Whites to within two points of the Canaries, with four matches left to play.

"At the moment we only have important games so last week we needed a win," Magath said in Thursday's press conference. "Fortunately we got it, and it helps a lot with the atmosphere.

"You feel, this week, the players are free. They are laughing and so I think it was an important win as we go on fighting against relegation, and so we need another win in our next game and so we will try to do that on Saturday against Norwich."

In some fixtures this season, Fulham have enjoyed plenty of superiority in the opening 45 minutes, but failed to match that intensity after the restart.

At Villa Park, though, the Whites were vastly improved following the break – something that Magath was very pleased to witness.

"I was very glad that we changed this," he said. "We had a better second half than the first half. Even when they got the equaliser we fought back, and that was new last Saturday. So I'm convinced that we now have the right fighting spirit for the rest of the games."

The atmosphere amongst the fans on Saturday was one of pure glee, and it's a feeling that has reverberated throughout the Club and the players – an effect that Magath felt was absolutely crucial.

"For us it was very important to change the atmosphere because players, if they have no success, are not confident," he explained. "That is what has changed now, and in the training sessions you see it is a different team than it was before.

"They are playing very well and they have fun when they play and they are not afraid of making mistakes. That is the way we have to play, so we are in a good way and that's why I am convinced that we will stay in the league. I think the whole Club now believes after the win in Aston Villa that we will stay in the league."

Norwich arrive in South-West London on Saturday under the stewardship of a new manager – club hero Neil Adams – following Chris Hughton's dismissal.

The decision surprised many in the game considering there are just five matches left for the Canaries to get themselves out of trouble, and Magath admitted the move could go either way for them.

He stated: "You never can say what's happened in another club so I don't know what's going on in Norwich but they've taken a manager who knows everything about the club.

"I think for them it's a chance to change something at the end of the season and I think it's a decision that's maybe very good for them, [but] maybe it's a little bit too late."

There is extra pressure on the Norfolk outfit to leave the capital with three points on Saturday as their remaining games thereafter pits them against three of the Barclays Premier League's current top four, in addition to Manchester United.

"Norwich have a very bad schedule and they have very, very difficult games ahead," Magath admitted. "They've changed the manager now so that will give them a new energy so we have to be careful as they will fight for 90 minutes, and it will not be an easy game for us."

The Fulham boss also took time to praise our Under-18s' efforts earlier in the week as their 3-2 win over Reading secured a 5-4 aggregate success, earning them a place in the FA Youth Cup Final against either Arsenal or Chelsea.

Magath was in attendance at Craven Cottage on Monday and, after watching an excellent game of football, stated that some of the youngsters on display can take inspiration from their teammates Patrick Roberts and Moussa Dembélé who have both featured under the German in recent weeks.

"I was there and I crossed my fingers and I was very glad for the performance of the youth team," he said. "Now we have a London final so one London team will be the champion and we hope it is Fulham.

"I always take care of the young players and it's, for me, normal to use young players. I'm convinced they realise I'm not afraid to take young players and so they will see that and it will help them to improve."

Tickets are still available to buy for Saturday's game, priced from £35 for adults and £15 for juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/10/magaths-norwich-preview?

WhiteJC

Train With The First Team!

2014/15 Season Tickets are now on sale, with loyalty prices starting from just £299 adults and £99 juniors!

We're offering those who are amongst the first to sign up for their Season Ticket the chance to win great prizes.

The latest incredible prize is exclusively for the most loyal Junior Whites: Buy your Junior Season Ticket before midday on Friday 11th April and go into the draw to win one of 10 places to train with the First Team on the Cottage turf after Open Training. Those drawn will take part in a once-in-a-lifetime 30-minute skills drills session with their First Team heroes, alongside fellow Junior Season Ticket Holders and Members.

The lucky winners will be contacted by the Club on Friday afternoon.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/10/train-with-the-first-team?

WhiteJC

Snodgrass ready for survival battle

Robert Snodgrass is ready to go to war for Norwich on Saturday as his side aim to preserve their Barclays Premier League status.

Norwich reacted to last Saturday's loss to fellow strugglers West Brom by sacking Chris Hughton and replacing him with youth team coach Neil Adams, who takes charge of his first game at Fulham.

The Canaries are five points clear of the drop zone, and Fulham, with five games remaining, and a win at Craven Cottage could be decisive.

The importance of Saturday's fixture is not lost on Snodgrass.

"It is a battle of who wants it most," the Scotland winger said.

"Who wants to keep their club in the Premier League. I'm relishing it, I can't wait.

"It's now or never to try to get a result. It doesn't come any bigger than this.

"They'll come out all guns blazing. I don't care what way the game is (played), just give every single thing you've got.

"It's time for characters, leaders, everything you've possibly got.

"It's a time for heroes. I want to be that person. I want to be the person that keeps Norwich in the Premier League.

"I want to be part of that. I don't want to be part of a side that gets relegated."

Snodgrass gave a similarly rousing and passionate speech last month, with nine games to go, ahead of the loss at Southampton.

"There's so many times we've spoken and not put it into action," Snodgrass added.

"I hear too much about what other teams can do. We've got players in this team who can hurt teams.

"We've shown it on a few occasions and it's up to us now to try to get those men scoring goals, creating chances and hopefully the new gaffer can do it."

Norwich have just two away wins all season and are bidding to end a six-match losing streak on the road with a first win over Fulham since March 1986.

With a daunting final four matches against Liverpool at home, Manchester United away, Chelsea away and Arsenal at home, pressure is piled on the Fulham fixture.

Snodgrass, who maintains Norwich can beat anyone, added: "People speak about five cup finals. We'll approach every single game believing we can win the game and it's our cup final.

"There's no hiding place. Let's go and have a go."

Adams knows the club intimately and the players must swiftly embrace the new man, according to Snodgrass.

"We will move forward and we're fully behind the new manager as a team," Snodgrass added.

"The new manager's come in, he's got his ideas, buy into it fast, roll your sleeves up and let's have a go."

Hughton released a statement, through the League Managers' Association, on Wednesday insisting he could keep Norwich in the top-flight and the timing of his departure was questioned.

The Norwich players learned of the sackings of Hughton and his assistants Colin Calderwood and Paul Trollope by text message on Saturday and are now looking only forward.

"We can't affect that," Snodgrass added.

"As players you get told last. Then it's a case of there's a new person in charge, on you go.

"From a players' point a view, you shouldn't be giving any more or any less.

"You should be giving your all every single day. It doesn't matter who's in charge.

"Hopefully we can get the new manager off to a winning start on Saturday.

"He's got Norwich in his blood. He knows exactly what it means to the fans and that's what we should all think about, what it means to this city.

"What it means for this club staying in the Premier League and for us, as players, as well.

"Some of us might never get that chance again to play there (in the Premier League)."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/snodgrass-ready-for-survival-battle-30174648.html

WhiteJC

The FourFourTwo Preview: Fulham vs Norwich

Premier League | Craven Cottage | Sat 12 Apr | 3:07pm

Billed as
SIX POINTER!

The lowdown

Liverpool and Manchester City's Sunday lunchtime summit meeting at Anfield may be the fixture setting most tongues wagging, but this basement battle is arguably the pivotal game in this season's relegation scrap. Fulham and Norwich are not only separated by five points, but also 'the dreaded dotted line' that marks the border between Relegationsville and Safety City.

A win for the Cottagers would shorten the gap to two points. With Norwich still to play Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal in their final four matches, survival would seem a very real prospect for the Londoners.

Fulham's run-in – Tottenham, Hull, Stoke and Crystal Palace – is far more favourable. Having looked dead in the water a month ago, Felix Magath's side are now suddenly very much alive and kicking. Should the German drag his new team to safety, his appointment will be seen as a masterstroke. It may have taken a few weeks for him to get his ideas across, but Magath seems to have Fulham playing with the kind of confidence and fight that was missing for much of the first eight months of the season.

It may be with that kind of turnaround in mind that Norwich opted to make a managerial change of their own this week, replacing Chris Hughton with Neil Adams – former Canaries midfielder, under-18 coach and radio pundit. Clearly this isn't the time for Alan Partridge gags (believe us, we wish it was).

It does seem odd that the Norfolk club would wait until this stage of the season to roll the dice in such a fashion. They've basically gambled their Premier League existence on a 'new manager bounce' taking effect in this match. If it does, and Norwich considerably up their performance levels from their recent back-to-back defeats to Swansea and West Brom, then it will have been well worth it. If Adams doesn't make the desired impact at the first time of asking, then Norwich could be well and truly scuppered.

Team news
Fulham defender Johnny Heitinga will undergo a fitness test after picking up a knock at Aston Villa. The Cottagers will likely be without Dan Burn (muscle twang), Damien Duff (knee knock) and Kostas Mitroglou (missing person). Leroy Fer is Norwich's most notable absentee, with a hamstring strain picked up in last month's defeat at Villa sidelining the Dutchman.

Player to watch: Alexander Tettey (Norwich)
Norwich's form in recent weeks may not have been particularly impressive, but the form of Norwegian midfielder Tettey has at least been a positive. The 28-year-old not only scored a howitzer in the win over Sunderland, but also completed 50 passes – largely neat and tidy in the middle third – as the Canaries dominated possession and took a stranglehold on the game.

In the defeat to West Brom, Tettey's passing was far more expansive, with the Canaries spending much of the game chasing an equaliser. This meant his pass-completion rate dipped as he looked to play in team-mates in the attacking third. He also made 3 successful tackles and 2 take-ons, as he looked to drive his team on.

Adams will need Tettey to be at his best if Norwich are to see off a Fulham side with several tidy midfielders.

The managers
It should come as no surprise that the Norwich board turned to Adams to fill the void left by Hughton. Speaking after the Canaries' FA Youth Cup win over Chelsea last May, majority shareholder Delia Smith lavished praise on the then youth team coach.

"He was always one of my favourite players," Smith said. "He was the best penalty taker, the best pundit when he retired and now he's the best manager – he is wonderful."

She'll no doubt be hoping Adams has the recipe for succ... [stop it].

Facts and figures
Fulham are unbeaten in their 5 meetings with Norwich since 2011/12, winning both matches at home.
Both teams have scored in 13 of Fulham's last 14 home games against bottom-half teams.
Norwich have won 0 of their 13 trips to bottom-six teams since the start of last season but they have managed to get 7 draws.
11 of Norwich's 13 trips to bottom-six teams since the start of last season have had fewer than 3 goals.
Fulham have drawn the first half in 10 of their last 14 home games.

FourFourTwo prediction
Fulham are on the up, Norwich are on a downer. 2-1 to the Cottagers.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwo-preview-fulham-vs-norwich#UHi7jaUKt7DcdiXP.99

Southcoastffc

"The Cottagers will likely be without Dan Burn (muscle twang), Damien Duff (knee knock) and Kostas Mitroglou (missing person). "

I like that re Mitroglu....and what is a muscle twang??      049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WhiteJC

Norwich star ready for war in relegation play-off against Fulham

Robert Snodgrass is ready to go to war for Norwich on Saturday as his side aim to preserve their Premier League status.

Norwich reacted to last Saturday's loss to fellow strugglers West Brom by sacking Chris Hughton and replacing him with youth team coach Neil Adams, who takes charge of his first game at Fulham.

The Canaries are five points clear of the drop zone, and Fulham, with five games remaining, and a win at Craven Cottage could be decisive.

The importance of Saturday's fixture is not lost Snodgrass.

"It is a battle of who wants it most," the Scotland winger said.

"Who wants to keep their club in the Premier League. I'm relishing it, I can't wait.

"It's now or never to try to get a result. It doesn't come any bigger than this.

"They'll come out all guns blazing. I don't care what way the game is (played), just give every single thing you've got.

"It's time for characters, leaders, everything you've possibly got.

"It's a time for heroes. I want to be that person. I want to be the person that keeps Norwich in the Premier League.

"I want to be part of that. I don't want to be part of a side that gets relegated."

Snodgrass gave a similarly rousing and passionate speech last month, with nine games to go, ahead of the loss at Southampton.

"There's so many times we've spoken and not put it into action," Snodgrass added.

"I hear too much about what other teams can do. We've got players in this team who can hurt teams.

"We've shown it on a few occasions and it's up to us now to try to get those men scoring goals, creating chances and hopefully the new gaffer can do it."

Norwich have just two away wins all season and are bidding to end a six-match losing streak on the road with a first win over Fulham since March 1986.

With a daunting final four matches against Liverpool at home, Manchester United away, Chelsea away and Arsenal at home, pressure is piled on the Fulham fixture.

Snodgrass, who maintains Norwich can beat anyone, added: "People speak about five cup finals. We'll approach every single game believing we can win the game and it's our cup final.

"There's no hiding place. Let's go and have a go."

Adams knows the club intimately and the players must swiftly embrace the new man, according to Snodgrass.

"We will move forward and we're fully behind the new manager as a team," Snodgrass added.

"The new manager's come in, he's got his ideas, buy into it fast, roll your sleeves up and lets have a go."

Hughton released a statement, through the League Managers' Association, on Wednesday insisting he could keep Norwich in the top-flight and the timing of his departure was questioned.

The Norwich players learned of the sackings of Hughton and his assistants Colin Calderwood and Paul Trollope by text message on Saturday and are now looking only forward.

"We can't affect that," Snodgrass added.

"As players you get told last. Then it's a case of there's a new person in charge, on you go.

"From a players' point a view, you shouldn't be giving any more or any less.

"You should be giving your all every single day. It doesn't matter who's in charge.

"Hopefully we can get the new manager off to a winning start on Saturday.

"He's got Norwich in his blood. He knows exactly what it means to the fans and that's what we should all think about, what it means to this city.

"What it means for this club staying in the Premier League and for us, as players, as well.

"Some of us might never get that chance again to play there (in the Premier League)."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/norwich_star_ready_for_war_in_relegation_play_off_against_fulham_1_3543358?usurv=skip

WhiteJC

Norwich City v Fulham not a relegation decider, says Adams

Norwich City's new boss Neil Adams believes Premier League survival does not rest on Saturday's trip to Fulham.

The Canaries are five points and one place above Fulham, who occupy the final spot in the relegation zone.

"I don't think it is a decider. People will say 'he's got to say that'," Adams told BBC Radio Norfolk.

"It's a massive game and if we win it, we do ourselves no harm at all. But it isn't a must-win because there are four more games."

Those four games after this weekend are a home fixture against league leaders Liverpool, trips to David Moyes's Manchester United and second-placed Chelsea, and finally the visit of Champions League-chasing Arsenal.

"We know what those other four are, they're against four of the best teams in Europe," said 48-year-old Adams.

"We're capable of beating teams. We won't turn up anywhere expecting to get beat."

Adams, a former midfielder who played more than 200 times for Norwich, was promoted from youth team manager following the sacking of Chris Hughton on Sunday.

A victory against Fulham in his first game in charge would take the Carrow Road side to 35 points and potentially 13th place, if results go their way.

But Craven Cottage has become a desperate place for Canaries supporters, with Norwich's last win there coming in 1986.

Norwich have conceded 16 goals in their last four visits to the West London side, including a final-day 6-0 thumping that saw them relegated to the Championship in 2005.

Adams was there that day, working as a summariser for BBC Radio Norfolk.

"What's happened has happened. The 6-0 was a horrible day. But it's history.

"Yes, things do tend to have trends. But we have different players and different staff. It's just the same ground against the same team.

"People will look at the stats but I won't let that affect me."

Canaries' Cottage catastrophes
Fulham 3-0 Norwich (Jan 2014, FA Cup replay)
Fulham 5-0 Norwich (Aug 2012, PL)
Fulham 2-1 Norwich (Mar 2012, PL)
Fulham 6-0 Norwich (May 2005, PL - last-day match that relegated Norwich)
Norwich's last win over Fulham was in March 1986, a 2-1 win at the Cottage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26986951

WhiteJC

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Fulham v Norwich

I am perplexed by Norwich sacking Chris Hughton and bringing in somebody with absolutely no experience to replace him.

Neil Adams has done a fantastic job with the Canaries youth team but managing young players is completely different to managing in the Premier League, even before you consider that they are in a relegation fight and have got a really tough run-in to the season.

Adams will bring in a fresh outlook and the change might lift the players but it is asking a lot for him to make a winning start, bearing in mind only Cardiff have a worse away record than Norwich in the Premier League this season.

He is unproven and in charge for only a few games - and his appointment might end up doing Fulham a huge favour.

The Cottagers are at home, and also had a really good victory at Aston Villa last week. I am backing them to win again on Saturday, and really they have to - because their best chance of staying up would be at the expense of the Canaries.

Win this and they narrow the gap on Norwich, and to safety, to two points. They would be back in touch but, if they lose it, they would probably be doomed.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0
George's prediction: Fulham should get the result they need. 1-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26969505

WhiteJC

Fulham boss wants to take Aston Villa momentum into crucial Norwich clash

Fulham manager Felix Magath is hoping the extra spring in the step of his players during training can translate into a second straight Premier League win at home to Norwich.

Having struggled to keep their heads above water all season, a 2-1 victory at Aston Villa last weekend moved the Whites up to 18th in the table and five points behind Saturday's visitors.

It was only Magath's second league win since he became Fulham's third manager of the season following the 1-0 success over Newcastle on March 15 and the former Bayern Munich boss wants to see that result matched against the Canaries, who will be under the stewardship of Neil Adams for the first time.

"It helps us a lot - this feeling and the atmosphere," he said.

"You feel it this week, the players are free, laughing and so I think it was an important win to go on in fighting against relegation. We need another win in the next game and we will try against Norwich.

"They are not afraid to make mistakes and that is how we have to play and why I'm convinced we will stay in the league. The whole club now believes after the win at Aston Villa."

For Adams, the game at Craven Cottage will be seen as a crucial fixture if he is to keep the Canaries afloat with their last four games coming against Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Fulham's run-in is less daunting but Magath feels that every game between now and the end of the season is pivotal to his side's survival bid while suggesting Norwich may have left it too late to replace Chris Hughton in their own fight against the drop.

"For us it doesn't matter who is the opponent because we have only important games now," he said.

"Norwich have a very bad schedule, they have very, very difficult games ahead. They have changed their manager now and this will give them new energy so we will have to be careful.

"You can never say what has happened at another club but they took a manager who knows everything about the club - it is a chance to change something and I think it was a good decision. Maybe it was just a little bit too late."

Former Ipswich striker Darren Bent, currently on loan at Fulham from Villa, will be hoping to start against Norwich having scored in the FA Cup third-round replay victory against the Norfolk club in January.

The England international has not featured on a regular basis under Magath as the German looks to give every player in his squad an opportunity to impress.

He said: "If I come here as a new manager I have to take care of all the players, not only of Darren Bent.

"I have to give everyone a chance to show the fans, the club and me how good he is and I think everybody has had their chance. He will get another chance. Everybody wants to play, if I ask the players everyone tells me they want to play.

"I'm only regarding the training sessions and I have to choose after training who was good and who has convinced me and then I decide who is playing. He is fit this weekend."

Bent will battle it out with Villa Park match-winner Hugo Rodallega and youngster Cauley Woodrow to lead the line on Saturday, with club-record signing Kostas Mitroglou once again ruled out with injury.

The Greece international has made only two appearances since moving to Craven Cottage from Olympiacos in January but Magath did confirm he hopes to have the 26-year-old available for the short trip to Tottenham in a fortnight.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_boss_wants_to_take_aston_villa_momentum_into_crucial_norwich_clash_1_3543361

WhiteJC

Kostas Mitroglou's fitness struggle remains a worry for Fulham
• Manager Felix Magath not impressed with Greece striker
• 'Maybe he will help us by scoring in the last game'

The uncertainty surrounding Kostas Mitroglou's fitness shows no sign of clearing up, with Felix Magath admitting that Fulham's £12m striker is not ready to play any part in Saturday's crucial home match against Norwich City and that he is not training with the first-team squad.

Magath has taken a hard line with Mitroglou over his conditioning before and, although Fulham's German manager stopped short of criticising the decision to sign him, he has been unimpressed with the Greece international. Mitroglou, who arrived at Fulham from Olympiakos before Magath replaced René Meulensteen, has made only one start and one substitute appearance for his new side and has not featured since 8 March.

"He is here and has his own programme but he is not training with us," Magath said. "We hope next week. You never know – you can't say it is a mistake [to sign him] because it is not easy to build up a team in the winter time.

"During the season if you want to improve your team with new players, you don't have much choice. There won't be many players you can get. You have to see the long term. If you take a player like Mitroglou you are not thinking only for weeks. So it is not a mistake – he is a very good striker who has not only scored in his national league but also in the Champions League."

Fulham are 18th after last weekend's 2-1 win at Aston Villa and will go two points behind Norwich if they beat them at Craven Cottage, yet Mitroglou, who has scored 21 goals for club and country this season, will not be required. "Maybe he will help us by scoring in the last game," Magath said. "That would be good enough if we stayed in the league."

Magath is not concerned about the prospect of Mitroglou leaving if Fulham are relegated. "We have a contract with him so I don't worry about that," he said. "You have to ask him. I would like to be manager in the Premier League but if we are not successful then I go into the Championship."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/10/kostas-mitroglou-fitness-fulham