more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (10/04/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 09, 2014, 06:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Win 100 Worth Of adidas Fulham Kit!

2014/15 Season Tickets are now on sale, with loyalty prices starting from just £299 adults and £99 juniors!

We're offering those who are amongst the first to sign up for their Season Ticket the chance to win great prizes.

Buy yours before midday on Thursday 10th April and go in the draw to win £100 worth of adidas Fulham kit of your choice! Choose from your own replica Fulham shirt, our Training Range, Leisure Range or Adidas accessories.

The lucky winner will be contacted by the Club on Thursday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/09/win-100-worth-of-adidas-fulham-kit?

WhiteJC

FAN INFO: FULHAM

Neil Adams' Canaries visit Craven Cottage on Saturday

THE Canaries visit Craven Cottage on Saturday, April 12 (3.07pm kick off) to face Felix Magath's Fulham.

Tickets for this match have now sold out.

This match will kick-off at 3.07pm, marking the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

Club Canary coaches will be departing from Carrow Road at 9.30am on the morning of the game.

For fans making their own way to the game, here's our brief guide on getting to Craven Cottage.

By Car
The stadium's postcode (for Sat Nav) is SW6 6HH. There is no car parking provision at the stadium or in the immediate surrounding area.

By Train
The closest London Underground station to Craven Cottage, Putney Bridge is approximately a 10-20 minute walk from the stadium.

Exit the station and walk through the underpass into Bishops Park. Follow the path through Bishops Park, along the river until you reach the stadium.

Putney Bridge is a 40 minute journey on the Underground from London Liverpool Street, where mainline trains run regularly between Norwich and London.

For journey planning and ticketing details, visit National Rail.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140409-fulham-fan-info-1478326.aspx#TvaXr8GCIU62TiJv.99

WhiteJC

Fulham have character for relegation fight - Stockdale

The goalkeeper is confident in his team-mates' abilities as they prepare for a crucial clash with Norwich City on Saturday in their battle to remain in the Premier League

David Stockdale believes Fulham have the "character" and "ability" to avoid relegation from the Premier League as they prepare for a crucial clash against Norwich City.

Felix Magath's men claimed a 2-1 win at Aston Villa last weekend to move off the bottom of the Premier League and another victory on Saturday would cut the gap to safety down to just two points.

City, who sacked manager Chris Hughton following a 1-0 loss to West Brom, face Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal in the run-in, meaning a loss to Fulham can put them under huge pressure as the relegation battle reaches its climax.

And Stockdale, who has started the last four games ahead of Maarten Stekelenburg, insists that Fulham have everything they need to avoid the drop.

"There's some fight in that dressing room and we've believed all along," Stockdale told Get West London. "When things fall into place we might win these games comfortably but for now we've just got to keep playing.

"The character is there. The players are there. The ability is there. We all know that, but we just need things to click into place for us.

"There's five more games now and we're still five points adrift so we carry on. Nothing has changed really because we've won at Villa. We're still five points adrift and we need to catch Norwich."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/04/09/4740806/-?

WhiteJC

Trotta in the dark over Fulham future as Brentford promotion the only concern

Marcello Trotta. (Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images)

Marcello Trotta is in the dark about his future at Fulham but his main focus is to guide Brentford to promotion over the coming weeks.

The Bees are seven points away from ending a 21-year exile from the top two divisions.

The Italian under-21 international has scored 13 goals during this loan spell and he is focused on continuing his strong performances.

He was first loaned out by Martin Jol, before Rene Meulensteen took over in December and the Dutchman allowed him to stay at Griffin Park until the end of the season.

The former Manchester United coach was sacked with Felix Magath taking over as manager.

The German has selected a host of young players to play up front but it appears there has been no communication with Trotta.

"I'm focused on doing my best and we'll see at the end of the season," he said.

"I've not heard from [Magath] really.

"I'll see at the end of the season. I've got no idea if I'll have a chance next year.

He added: "It's been great. We've had ups and downs but more ups to be honest. We'll be pushing for the best."

Trotta has been struggling with a groin injury in recent weeks and he was handed a cameo in the second half of Brentford's vital 1-0 win over Crawley that moved the west Londoners three points behind leaders Wolves.

And the Italian has got his eye on the Black Country outfit as he wants to be lifting the League One trophy at Griffin Park come May.

"My groin has been a bit tight so it made sense to rest," he said.

"The boys have done the job and hopefully I'll be ready for Saturday.

He added: "I think it was a very good win. I've got to give credit to them.

"We're happy with the result and we're happy Rotherham lost.

"We want to keep going as we want to win the league so we're looking at Wolves. "We just need to focus on ourselves and get as many points as we can and then we'll see."

"It's all about getting a few more goals and winning.

"We have to stay focused and keep going as best as we can. We'll see where the results are there and where they are in the league."

Next up for Brentford is a trip to Swindon and a victory there could leave the Bees requiring one more win to secure promotion.

"I think it'll be a good football game. It'll be a high pressure, technical game so hopefully we'll enjoy that and get the three points. They are a good team so we'll have to do our game enough so we'll see."

http://www.london24.com/sport/trotta_in_the_dark_over_fulham_future_as_brentford_promotion_the_only_concern_1_3537621?usurv=skip

WhiteJC

Atletico interested in Spurs outcast

Atletico Madrid are keeping tabs on Tottenham's unsettled midfielder Lewis Holtby (Action Images)

Atletico Madrid are keeping tabs on Tottenham's unsettled midfielder Lewis Holtby, who looks set to leave Spurs on a permanent deal in the summer.

Holtby has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Spurs team since he joined from Schalke 04 in January 2013 and has subsequently moved to Fulham on a temporary deal until the end of the season.

Atletico are drawing up a list of promising attacking midfielders in the eventthat they do not renew the contract of Diego Ribas, who current deal runs until the end of the season.

Diego Simeone is after a creative midfielder who can fit into his aggressive yet technical style of play who would not break the bank, and Holtby ticks all of those boxes.

Spurs signed Holtby for a cut-price of £1.5million as the player's contract was set to run out in that summer but a bid in the region of £4million would be enough for the North London side to part ways with the German midfielder.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/45921-atletico-interested-in-spurs-outcast.php#.U0WJUMYcKbA

WhiteJC

The Wardrobe Signs Up

Papa Bouba Diop is the latest household name to sign up for the Fulham All Stars charity game against Sealand All Stars next month.

Nicknamed 'The Wardrobe' by Whites fans, Bouba Diop was an instant favourite in South-West London after Chris Coleman secured his signature in the summer of 2004.

During his three years at the Club, Bouba Diop scored nine times in 84 appearances for Fulham, perhaps most memorably when he crashed in a late equaliser against Manchester United in December 2004 before celebrating with a dance in front of the Cottage.

In addition to Bouba Diop, former Whites defender Abdeslam Ouaddou will also be part of the charity side. Signed by Jean Tigana following our promotion to the top flight, Morocco international Ouaddou was comfortable playing at right-back or more central, and made 38 appearances for Fulham.

Fellow defender, and Fulham cult hero, Terry Angus will also be taking part. A regular in the side back in the 1990s, Angus made just under 150 appearances for the Whites, and was a member of Micky Adams' promotion winning side in 1997.

Tickets for the event are on sale now – in aid of raising funds for the Fulham Football Club Foundation and children's hospice Shooting Star CHASE – and are priced at £12 adults and just £5 for under-16s.

Buy your tickets today online at fulhamfc.com/tickets, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1), or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/09/the-wardrobe-signs-up?

WhiteJC

Show Your Colours

The Fulham fans in attendance at Aston Villa were, quite frankly, out of this world with the noise they made last weekend.

We know you're capable of replicating that atmosphere at Craven Cottage on Saturday for our crunch tie with Norwich City, but we want to try and give the players a visual boost, too.

That's why we're encouraging fans to turn up at the weekend wearing white, to create a sea of white across all four stands of Craven Cottage.

Norwich fans are known for dutifully wearing their colours at every game, so let's make sure the boys are blinded by white shirts rather than yellow when they emerge from the tunnel.

A win will take us to within two points of the Canaries with four games to play, so get behind Felix Magath and his men and let's make the Cottage a black and white fortress!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/09/show-your-colours?

WhiteJC

It`s Where!

If anyone is interested, even remotely, in the statue of Michael Jackson that Mr Al Fayed had erected outside Craven Cottage, we can inform you of its exact whereabouts.

Unwanted by our new owner, Shahid Khan, and removed from its position outside the ground, the statue is, we`re told, located at the National Football Museum in Manchester.

Quite how it deserves a place there is beyond me!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=355596#ixzz2yPgBRO3s

WhiteJC

Felix Factor: Four Fulham Players Who Have Stepped Up Against Villa

Fulham picked up a three priceless points in their quest to avoid relegation at the weekend, winning 2-1 at Aston Villa. While the result is not enough to take them within touching distance of safety, it does at least give the Cottagers, now under the guidance of their third manager of the season in Felix Magath, a fighting chance of survival.

Kieran Richardson and Hugo Rodallega scored the all-important goals for Fulham, but who were their best players in the victory at Villa Park?

Our Squawka Performance Score tells us more about those who contributed most effectively to the win.

1. Kieran Richardson
The versatile Richardson ended up playing from the left side of midfield for Fulham, and of course his greatest contribution of the match was his stunning strike which gave his side the initial lead. That was his only shot of the game, but he offered more in an all-round capacity, completing his only attempted take-on and completing 78% of his passes—though his one attempted cross in the second half failed to find a team-mate.

Defensively he worked hard, making two clearances and putting in four tackles, of which he won two.

2. David Stockdale
Fulham's goalkeeper David Stockdale has won himself a place in the side ahead of Maarten Stekelenburg, and performances such as this one should help him remain in place over the remainder of the season.

He faced six shots on target, with only Grant Holt's second-half header beating him, and also made an effective clearance from outside of his penalty box. Stockdale only needed to make seven passes all game long and distributed well in the main, finding his team-mates with the five shorter passes he made.

3. Brede Hangeland
Centre-back Hangeland was one of the most sought-after defenders in the top flight a couple of seasons ago, but has been erratic and disappointing—like his side as a whole—this term.

Against Villa he came up trumps for his team though, producing a dominant display to make a massive 16 clearances, and win a thoroughly impressive 12 out of 13 aerial duels too. Only Nathan Baker beat him once in the air, and that came high up the pitch in Villa's own half anyway. Three interceptions, one tackle made and won and 46 completed passes told the story of Hangeland's imperious performance, too.

4. Lewis Holtby
Tottenham Hotspur have missed a bit of midfield quality and battling endeavour in recent weeks—a perfect example of such is Lewis Holtby, out on loan at Fulham. He was the Cottagers' best player on the day by Performance Score, not scoring on this occasion but doing plenty to give his side a chance of doing so.

Holtby completed 78% of his passes, which included creating three opportunities for his team-mates—most tellingly of all, the late cross which assisted Hugo Rodallega's winning goal.

Holtby also contested three tackles and three aerial duels, winning one of each, completed all six take-ons and cracked off five shots, two of which were on target. An effervescent all-round performance and one which contributed significantly to Fulham's vital win.

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/04/09/fulhams-four-best-players-vs-villa/2014040993240?

WhiteJC

An Unlikely Hero?

Having dabbled with the services of Woodrow and Dembele, two young players up front, and with Mitroglou conspicuous by his absence, could a forgotten man be our hero?

At Villa Park it was Hugo Rodallega that got our winner in a fine 2-1 win, the goal being his first in top-flight football for over 15 months.

When it comes to Premier League survival, Rodallega has history, it was the Colombian striker that kept Wigan in the Premier League on the final day of the 2010 / 2011 season.

Brede Hangeland is of the opinion that Hugo could be the man again remarking to the media,

"I`d like to think Hugo can play a big part based on what I saw at Villa."

"It`s all hands to the pump now and it`s pleasing to see players come off the bench and make an impact."

So what`s the verdict?

Could Rodallega turn out to be our unlikely hero?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=355614#ixzz2yS5CN1rJ

WhiteJC

Fulham: There's Light At The End Of The Tunnel Again

A vital win against Aston Villa has given Fulham some much-needed momentum and suddenly, Premier League survival seems like a possibility again...

Fulham: There's Light At The End Of The Tunnel Again

To put it simply, I genuinely cannot see how this season is going to pan out anymore. When you think it is all but done, something revives your optimism. When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, someone sees fit to turn it back off again. Unpredictable is probably the only word I can use to describe the situation Fulham currently find themselves in.

It was only last week where I had finally accepted that our top flight status was drawing to a close. But, in typical Fulham fashion, this dejection was to turn into unimaginable elation. The joy and, mainly, the relief that surrounded the full-time whistle after the game at Villa was unprecedented. The struggles of our sorry season has slowly turned into some form of happiness, and it has weirdly filled us with hope that we can now survive the drop.

The unusual sight of 3,000 Fulham fans at Villa Park was a huge contribution towards our vital victory. Our away following produced quite a din, and it was safe to say that the reward for the support was sufficient enough.

To be frank, the first half was virtually a non-event, with the odd chance here and there. Fulham's biggest opportunity came through youngster Woodrow, who for me, showed a lack of composure when given the chance, though that is understandable from a player of his age.

I have made it clear that we cannot rely on our youth prospects to be leading the line for us in our relegation battle, and whilst Woodrow played well, he didn't provide what was needed in the game. The introduction of Hugo Rodallega and Ashkan Dejagah completely changed the game. We looked like a team with purpose and threat, and this was mainly down to the pairing.

Once again, Dejagah demonstrated why he is probably one of the best players at the club. A winger who takes on defenders, has trickery in his locker, and can deliver a ball. That may sound simple to you, but after watching the likes of Kacaniklic and Kasami fading in and out of games, it's nice to see. He caused severe problems down the right, and was pivotal in our big chances throughout the second half.

I must say, Richardson's opener is a bit of blur to me, with pandemonium ensuing after he unleashed a rocket of a shot into the top corner. It was one of many positive drives forward in the second period, and the finish was sublime. Mind you, I knew we were unlikely to hold on and keep a clean sheet, so I prepared myself for the worst.

The boys were to prove me right, with defending that has become common place at the club, gifting Grant Holt the easiest of headers to equalise. I can't say I was too surprised, and weirdly enough, I felt relieved, as I knew we had nothing to lose at this point.

It became very end-to-end, and when Lewis Holtby rounded the goalkeeper, the entirety of the away end went mental, only to see the ball fail to cross the line by a millimetre. With the look on the German's face, and the amount of time left in the game, it seemed as if it  was game over for Fulham's Premier League status.

What infuriates me is that as soon as the technology has come into place, all it has done is go against us, which pretty much sums up our club as a whole. Luck doesn't normally seem to travel to SW6, but it sure did in the final few minutes.

My heart rate was fluctuating more than Sol Campbell's on Tottenham High Street, and it's safe to say that the nerves were unbearable. Cue Rodallega heading home with minutes to spare. Absolute carnage followed in the away end, with fans falling over several rows of seats and losing all control of their bodily movements, and that was just me.

The typical routine of curling your toes every time Villa received the ball was the following act, and the final whistle had never been met with more relief. Such a result has given us the glimmer of hope that we need to push ourselves over the line, and strangely enough, I feel our fate rests in our own hands now.

A big mention has to go to Mahamadou Diarra, who returned to the team following a 16-month lay-off and played like a man bang in form. He took complete control of the midfield and gave us the cool head that we have been crying out for in the middle all season. His ability to break down play, distribute the ball, and remain composed in crucial periods was a huge boost.

It goes without saying that this has given us a huge boost going into our must-win encounter at home to Norwich. Three points could give us some breathing space, particularly with the Canaries' brutal run-in.

However, we have to remember that this is Fulham we are talking about, and nothing is a formality. It would be typical for us to lose this one, wouldn't it? Will I ever be happy?

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/fulham-theres-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-again/?#_

WhiteJC

Dead Hamsters, Or: How I Learnt To Stop Worrying and Love Fulham

Fulham's possible funeral procession to the Championship has reminded me of the death of a childhood pet hamster.

This may be the most morbid of opening paragraphs I'll ever use in my part-time authoring career, but to some extent it's a pretty accurate reflection of the way the second half of the season has panned out for the Cottagers.

So the story: the beloved family hamster, who for the purposes of this article will be know as 'Pedro Rogers' to protect his anonymity, was coming to the end of his reasonably curt lifespan of circa 2 years. However, the final few weeks, months maybe, seemed to drag on in a series of mini-peaks and mini-troughs - moments when the end seemed nigh, followed by moments when Pedro seemed to have conjured another magic 1-Up Mushroom from his cheek storage to prolong what seemed to be the inevitable hamster wheel to the end of the road.

Admittedly, Fulham are not a popular domestic rodent of Syrian or Russian descent. But this cycle of hopes-getting-up-hopes-going-down is similar to the sage hamster Pedro's final chapters.

Firstly, let's start from the comparative Sugar Loaf Mountain heights of the January transfer window. Okay, so Berbatov was sent to Monaco (a location apt, perhaps, for a decision representing such a gamble), but the incoming locomotive express brought Heitinga, Holtby, Mitroglou and Kvist - a set of players that seemed to suggest our squad had been bolstered suitably to avoid the drop. Also don't forget that the return of club legend Clint Dempsey also looked pretty appetising on the menu of Eat My Goal. Alas, Mitroglou. Has there ever been a more mysterious signing in the January transfer window for a club in a perilous position? The intent was good: £12 million on a striker who was scoring a goal a game looked more menacing than Dennis, Gnasher and Minnie the Minx approaching in a blacked-out SUV. But the facts are that sitting here now in April, he's not played a full game - and before his transfer had been out with a medium-term injury over the Christmas period, only playing a few minutes of football. Even if Fulham had the entire EU farm-subsidised stockpile of eggs at Motspur Park, and a basket the size of an orange Smartie, this would still have been a case of putting all the eggs in one basket.

Lest us not forget the New Year's Day win over West Ham, pulling Fulham 4 points clear of The Hammers and two points outside the relegation zone. Our goal difference of -21 was still the worst in the league, but was comparable to the teams around us. Exactly one month later, with no further points, Fulham were propping up the table, with a goal difference of 9 worse than the next nearest team.

The two resolute performances against Manchester United and Liverpool? Followed by Meulensteen getting the axe. Each 'bankable' home game? Up until the Newcastle game, failure to get three points. Even the smaller glimpses of hope – Man City having Kompany suspended, or out-playing Everton in the first 45 minutes a fortnight ago – have tended to have an immediate downer that follows, normally in the lemony sour taste of another defeat, with the ever-endeavouring Lewis Holtby sitting on the pitch, head in hands.

However, perhaps, like all non-infinitely linear roads, there is a turning point. I had this feeling when I genuinely believed the Cottagers had a chance of a victory against a Villa side

sans Christian Benteke. Then, as if by some law of science, Hugo Rodallega scored a glancing header to seal that very outcome. David Stockdale was positively elated at the final whistle. Holtby's superb form was finally vindicated.

Then, in a move that no laws of science could explain, Chris Hughton was savagely chopped from the Norwich timber, with just five games remaining. Sure, Norwich have had their ropey moments this season, and it is perhaps surprising Hughton wasn't sacked earlier in the season, given that Premier League managers have had a rate of turnover faster than Wensleydale cheese in the Wallace and Gromit household. So, the Canaries are flying without a wingman to the Cottage this weekend – and Fulham face perhaps the fifteenth or sixteenth 'must-win' game since the turn of the year. Whoever wins will be looking like the Top Gun; whoever loses, will be taking a ride on the footballing Highway to the Danger Zone.

It would be wrong for the team to focus on internal affairs at Carrow Road rather than building on the foundations of the Villa victory, but this is maybe just another atom of survival opportunity swinging in Fulham's favour. Maybe the Whites will pull off another momentous great escape, maybe they'll get stuck at the fence like Steve McQueen. But, in recent weeks, at least the team look like if they'll succumb to whichever fate fighting, with the fans right behind them. Over 3,000 went away to Villa last week, the highest away support in the Premier League that weekend. Not bad for a small club with a cottage by the river.

http://efootballnet.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/dead-hamsters-or-how-i-learnt-to-stop.html

WhiteJC

Fulham target Chelsea's potential €25m Ashley Cole replacement

It seems that Fulham are ready to move for Ricardo Rodriguez should they stay in the Premier League.

This season has seen a changing of the guard in the left-back position for Chelsea FC - as stalwart Ashley Cole has seen his baton passed to a usual right back in Cesar Azpilicueta.

The Spanish international has been good- but Jose Mourinho will still want to consider a natural left-back option with plenty of names mentioned.

One player who has been linked with the club is VfL Wolfsburg's in-form defender Ricardo Rodriguez.

The Swiss international has been one of the top performing players in the Bundesliga - and at just 21-years-old is considered as one of the world's top full-back prospects.

The Blues were said to be eyeing up a potential €25 million move for the player in the summer - and at one point it was even suggested he could be involved in part of the Kevin De Bruyne deal.

Recently VfL Wolfsburg head coach Dieter Hecking has spoken about the future of his full back, suggesting no deal was on the cards for the player:

"We are not prepared to give him. If he wants to hear it again, he may be happy. "

But it appears that Chelsea will not be the only interested party - in fact, they won't be the only interested party from west London.

Local rivals Fulham are being linked with a move for the player in BILD today - with Felix Magath the ace up their sleeve.

The new coach took over Fulham after the sacking of Rene Meulensteen - and has been leading a survival charge recently.

And should he keep Fulham in the Premier League Rodriguez is said to be one of his number one targets to strengthen the problem Cottagers defence.

Wolfsburg are reluctant to sell - and his price-tag will rocket with a decent World Cup performance - so Fulham may just be out of luck.

But at least Magath is planning for a Premier League stay - with Norwich in their sights.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/04/10/fulham-target-chelseas-potential-25m-ashley-cole-replacement/?