watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the chairman

Started by nose, April 12, 2014, 10:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

there in the first half but nowhere to be seen in the second.
what was that about?
we should be all in it together and he has gone missing, he should take a leaf ot of MAFs book and show up!

FPT

I'm sure he was still there.

You sure he didn't go to the Cottage? Or watched from a box rather than the Directors area?

God The Mechanic

Seems like a bit of an unnecessary thing to complain about.

nose

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 12, 2014, 10:38:30 PM
Seems like a bit of an unnecessary thing to complain about.

it is the art of good management to be seen and lead from the front.

Maybe he moved elsewhere just to see what it was all about, maybe he was in the cottage, in which case no problem, but i hope he didn't go at half time.

Martinsback

I think you, Nose, famous complainer about everything Fulham, should buy the club and show us how it is done, or push off.

Scrumpy

I think it's time we sang a few chants in his honour, instead of always Al Fayed.
049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

nose

Quote from: Martinsback on April 12, 2014, 11:51:33 PM
I think you, Nose, famous complainer about everything Fulham, should buy the club and show us how it is done, or push off.

if i had the s[omdoo;ils I would have purchased the club and showed you hopw it should be done.

However, as i feel sure you know, I complain about what is wrong and exhalt what is right. however, i feel sure you only read what you want to read and miss the rest. It is such a shame that you never see error in our great club, you only seem to want to shoot the messenger.

It is wonderful to have you back martin.

YankeeJim

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nose

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 13, 2014, 12:25:07 AM

for ovewr 50 years rain or shine, good times and bad i have gone to watch fulham...
i think it a bit rich for people to have a go at me for merely observing that the chairman seemed to disapear at half time of the most important game of the season... or to observe we have wasted fortunes on berba, ruiz and now the so called injured greek or that jol was a complete waste of space that undid all the good work that went before.

Shame you all think such rank bad management was somehow impressive and not worth commenting is astonishing.

I complain when things are wrong, I want them to better because they can be.

Push off? What a disgraceful thing to say to me, such a 100% comited supporter, you should both be ashamed of yourselves!

Pluto

I have criticised the chairman for similar earlier in the season but credit to him for being there today when it mattered. I'm sure he was about for the second half as I've seen him in photos with people after the game.

Have changed my mind in him and think he has just been misled by he likes of Macintosh. He also seems to have cooled off on the relentless promotion of the Jaguars (rightly, the fans would be furious given our current situation) and learnt his lesson there.

YankeeJim

Quote from: nose on April 13, 2014, 01:21:45 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 13, 2014, 12:25:07 AM

for ovewr 50 years rain or shine, good times and bad i have gone to watch fulham...
i think it a bit rich for people to have a go at me for merely observing that the chairman seemed to disapear at half time of the most important game of the season... or to observe we have wasted fortunes on berba, ruiz and now the so called injured greek or that jol was a complete waste of space that undid all the good work that went before.

Shame you all think such rank bad management was somehow impressive and not worth commenting is astonishing.

I complain when things are wrong, I want them to better because they can be.

Push off? What a disgraceful thing to say to me, such a 100% comited supporter, you should both be ashamed of yourselves!

With all due respect, if you only complain when things are wrong, than things are always wrong. You don't know where Khan was, yet you criticize. We all know that somehow you are think you are superior to the rest of us. Maybe it's time for a bit of self examination. You are not the only person that cares about Fulham or has some knowledge of the game. Perhaps, push off is in order.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Deanothefulhamfan

Let's keep it civil guys.... Nose asked a question, maybe he could have been different in his approach, but I think the abuse he has recieved is a bit over the top.

I am almost certain he would not have left at HT on such a big game. Perhaps he had other contacts to see in the ground and watched from a box.

I think Khan deserves a bit of praise, and maybe some gratitude from the Fulham faithful, he is a great chairman compared to many others in the league at the moment. A song for Khan would be a nice touch if we were to stay up or even sung at the next home game.

RaySmith

I can't see that Khan's done a lot wrong.

He was prepared to put his hand deep in his pocket in Jan, and it's not his fault if our major signing hasn't worked out...so far.

Though, re the Jan signings - our other signings have proved very successful -Holtby (I know he's on loan, but how important could he prove to be?), Heitinga, Kwist.

Logicalman

I would have to say that unless you KNOW that Khan was not present for the second 45 then perhaps your speculation about what is wrong is what some people find is unacceptable, and what Berba and Ruiz has to do with Khan, is a little beyond me, really.

I tend to have a cup half full, and would wish to believe that he was likely at the Cottage for the whole game, unlike those who might have a cup half empty, and believe the worst in everybody.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

JBH

Quote from: nose on April 12, 2014, 10:20:17 PM
there in the first half but nowhere to be seen in the second.
what was that about?
we should be all in it together and he has gone missing, he should take a leaf ot of MAFs book and show up!

He came and sat in the Hammyend just in front of me and said that he had done so in order to give Nose something to moan about!

PokerMatt

Of course he wouldn't have left at half time. When we were 1-0 up in our biggest game of the season.

Why was anyone paying attention to him anyway when there was a game of football going on?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Berserker

Scalleysdad was was waving at me and pointing at the cottage. Maybe he spotted Khan
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Macedo

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 12, 2014, 11:54:17 PM
I think it's time we sang a few chants in his honour, instead of always Al Fayed.
049:gif

What has he done really to deserve a few chants in his honour.?

Nero

its a little known fact that dejagah and Khan are the same person. Khan goes in at Half time takes off the false tache and wig and comes on in the second half

Riversider

I'm neither a fan of our a Chairman and neither am I against him, same applies to our manager or any of our players, I am though a fan of Fulham Football Club and everything it stands for and always will be,
I can tell you this though, our Chairman was stood at the back of The Riverside Stand for an hour before kick off talking to fans and he was still stood there at 20 to 3 when I went to take my seat,
How many other Chairman would have done that before such an important game ?