watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the chairman

Started by nose, April 12, 2014, 10:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumofallparts

Khan seems a pretty decent bloke to me. First season, finding his feet and he has been given poor advice along the way it would seem.
I saw him chatting to fans too. Can you imagine Vincent Tan or Tiger Allam (1) doing this and (2) having the media savvy and easy going persona and rapport to pull it off?
For all his perceived faults and errors of judgement, Khan seems a safe bet to me and for that alone we should be damn thankful. Next season he does need a chant !

Riversider

"He builds bumpers for my car, it isn't quite a Jaguar,
  He builds for cars in Primrose Hill, he even builds for Old Bill,
  He builds bumpers for my car"

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Riversider on April 13, 2014, 10:34:57 AM
"He builds bumpers for my car, it isn't quite a Jaguar,
  He builds for cars in Primrose Hill, he even builds for Old Bill,
  He builds bumpers for my car"
Like it centurion,  like it! :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mokes

He was out the back of Riverside stand at half time. I was standing out with a beer and he came over and said hello, even gave people 'the nod' who were a little to far out of earshot to speak to. He was on his way from the exit of the Riverside stand heading around the Putney end, so yeah, odds are he was heading to the cottage. No way would he have left.

I will tell you what though, that moustache is without peer. Absolutely glorious.

It would be a great show of respect for everyone to have a stuck on stache for the Palace game to show their support for him.

terryr

Quote from: Nero on April 13, 2014, 09:53:05 AM
its a little known fact that dejagah and Khan are the same person. Khan goes in at Half time takes off the false tache and wig and comes on in the second half
:Haynes The Maestro:

Fulham1959

Quote from: nose on April 13, 2014, 01:21:45 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 13, 2014, 12:25:07 AM
Quote from: Martinsback on April 12, 2014, 11:51:33 PM
I think you, Nose, famous complainer about everything Fulham, should buy the club and show us how it is done, or push off.

:plus one:

for ovewr 50 years rain or shine, good times and bad i have gone to watch fulham...
i think it a bit rich for people to have a go at me for merely observing that the chairman seemed to disapear at half time of the most important game of the season... or to observe we have wasted fortunes on berba, ruiz and now the so called injured greek or that jol was a complete waste of space that undid all the good work that went before.

Shame you all think such rank bad management was somehow impressive and not worth commenting is astonishing.

I complain when things are wrong, I want them to better because they can be.

Push off? What a disgraceful thing to say to me, such a 100% comited supporter, you should both be ashamed of yourselves!

Guilty until proven innocent, I suppose.

Personally, and on balance, I feel no reason to criticize Mr. Khan over anything, so far, this season.

Logicalman

Quote from: Macedo on April 13, 2014, 09:05:01 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on April 12, 2014, 11:54:17 PM
I think it's time we sang a few chants in his honour, instead of always Al Fayed.
049:gif

What has he done really to deserve a few chants in his honour.?

ONE - He's the chairman of out club, and without such chairmen as himself, willing to put THEIR OWN money where their mouths are, clubs like ours would still be struggling to survive in the lower leagues.

At least be grateful he could, and did, do what the rest of us on this MB could not, at least for that.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

nose

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 13, 2014, 05:15:25 AM
I think you, Nose, famous complainer about everything Fulham, should buy the club and show us how it is done, or push off.

for ovewr 50 years rain or shine, good times and bad i have gone to watch fulham...
i think it a bit rich for people to have a go at me for merely observing that the chairman seemed to disapear at half time of the most important game of the season... or to observe we have wasted fortunes on berba, ruiz and now the so called injured greek or that jol was a complete waste of space that undid all the good work that went before.

Shame you all think such rank bad management was somehow impressive and not worth commenting is astonishing.

Push off? What a disgraceful thing to say to me, such a 100% comited supporter, you should both be ashamed of yourselves!

With all due respect, if you only complain when things are wrong, than things are always wrong. You don't know where Khan was, yet you criticize. We all know that somehow you are think you are superior to the rest of us. Maybe it's time for a bit of self examination. You are not the only person that cares about Fulham or has some knowledge of the game. Perhaps, push off is in order.

i give my opinion
I say what i see and I complain when it is wrong AND praise when it's good... unforytunately you don't see that, eg just look my comments re woodrow and stockers (I have thought stockers should be number one even last season when we had schwarzer) and a vast range of other stuff. And it is a fact there has been loads to comment on this season that has been far from decent or in the best intest of the club. 

I don't think I am superior, anddo not go in for the mindless personal stuff that Martin and you now seem to like to do, I am delighted to have a proper discussion, if you think what i say is wrong.

I weep for you and martin, I really do, your attitudes are so different form real fulham fans. 'Push off' is what he said and you agreed with himshame on you both.

I don'trecall seeing you at swansea when we relegated to the fouth tier and i was the one left in the ground to comfort Mary when her friends left her crying (do you even know who that is?). Or exter in a blizard with macdonald or luton in the league cup tie with snow and a power cut and all the other stuff, or given money when jimmy hill asked,  and all the stuff I have done to support the team. I really do support the team, Properly

nose

Quote from: Pluto on April 13, 2014, 01:27:14 AM
I have criticised the chairman for similar earlier in the season but credit to him for being there today when it mattered. I'm sure he was about for the second half as I've seen him in photos with people after the game.

Have changed my mind in him and think he has just been misled by he likes of Macintosh. He also seems to have cooled off on the relentless promotion of the Jaguars (rightly, the fans would be furious given our current situation) and learnt his lesson there.

excellent, i am relieved to hear that. i am curious as to where he went and where he sat... it was suggested he may have gone to the cottage which makes sense.  I just want him to remain enthused. With the jaguars notr being all that and us doing so poorly this season he could just walk away, and then what might happen?

nose

Quote from: Mokes on April 13, 2014, 11:12:04 AM
He was out the back of Riverside stand at half time. I was standing out with a beer and he came over and said hello, even gave people 'the nod' who were a little to far out of earshot to speak to. He was on his way from the exit of the Riverside stand heading around the Putney end, so yeah, odds are he was heading to the cottage. No way would he have left.

I will tell you what though, that moustache is without peer. Absolutely glorious.

It would be a great show of respect for everyone to have a stuck on stache for the Palace game to show their support for him.

excellent, i my last post says what is actually on my mind.

St Eve

I remember this days too well Nose. That is why relegation is not an option

Peabody

Having seen Ronnie Rook play Nose,I think I outnumber you in longevity. So, I have to say you might have spoken before you thought this out. If, and it is a big if, he did leave early, it might have been that he had some important business concerning the money making side of his affairs, just a thought.

YankeeJim

Quote from: nose on April 13, 2014, 02:03:37 PM

With all due respect, if you only complain when things are wrong, than things are always wrong. You don't know where Khan was, yet you criticize. We all know that somehow you are think you are superior to the rest of us. Maybe it's time for a bit of self examination. You are not the only person that cares about Fulham or has some knowledge of the game. Perhaps, push off is in order.

i give my opinion
I say what i see and I complain when it is wrong AND praise when it's good... unforytunately you don't see that, eg just look my comments re woodrow and stockers (I have thought stockers should be number one even last season when we had schwarzer) and a vast range of other stuff. And it is a fact there has been loads to comment on this season that has been far from decent or in the best intest of the club.  

I don't think I am superior, anddo not go in for the mindless personal stuff that Martin and you now seem to like to do, I am delighted to have a proper discussion, if you think what i say is wrong.

I weep for you and martin, I really do, your attitudes are so different form real fulham fans. 'Push off' is what he said and you agreed with himshame on you both.

I don'trecall seeing you at swansea when we relegated to the fouth tier and i was the one left in the ground to comfort Mary when her friends left her crying (do you even know who that is?). Or exter in a blizard with macdonald or luton in the league cup tie with snow and a power cut and all the other stuff, or given money when jimmy hill asked,  and all the stuff I have done to support the team. I really do support the team, Properly

Thank you for proving my comment.
Real fan? And you are insulted when someone tells you to push off?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Push off? What a disgraceful thing to say to me, such a 100% commited supporter, you should both be ashamed of yourselves!

I don't recall seeing you at swansea when we relegated to the fouth tier and i was the one left in the ground to comfort Mary when her friends left her crying (do you even know who that is?).  
FECK -OFF ...................Jesus is  Welsh   ........... Boyo !!!!why didn't you tell us  
Explains why he and left Mary ........................The Welsh like a chat  isit ??

SP

I believe Khan left the Riverside just before halftime as he was after a half n half scarf as he didn't have time to purchase one before the game.

On a more serious note, given how precious his time is, why on earth would anyone in their position want to chat to no marks like us for over an hour?  I say fair play to him for making the effort.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Martinsback is a Official Troll much like Nick Bateman  ...............
They are doing what comes naturally surprised he  snared two big hitters  :022:

Besides Nose does have a valid point ........... as Mr Khan's time is precious and it is a time that we all need to be singing in the same key,  he should have been in high Viz mode between 14:30 and  17:00.

LillieBoy

i give my opinion

I don'trecall seeing you at swansea when we relegated to the fouth tier and i was the one left in the ground to comfort Mary when her friends left her crying (do you even know who that is?). Or exter in a blizard with macdonald or luton in the league cup tie with snow and a power cut and all the other stuff, or given money when jimmy hill asked,  and all the stuff I have done to support the team. I really do support the team, Properly

Don't worry Nose, you are allowed to express your opinion.
It's healthy to be suspicious of football club owners.
Obviously.

Shredhead

C'mon everyone.
I looked through my binos at the Riverside in the 2nd half and couldn't see him but that doesn't mean he wasn't somewhere else in the ground.
Surely the right time to judge him as temporary custodian of our great club is at the end of the season and what happens after that?
There are very few clubs where the fans sing  complementary songs about Chairmen.  I hope someone had told him that and explained why MAF is still sung about.  Hopefully one day SK will get the same treatment.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Black, White and Fred

I think the problem Nose, is your assumption that he left. After asking the question you then went on to answer yourself assuming the negative (re all in it together/untied front and all that)
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996