Main Menu

I hate Liverpool so much that I now want chelsea to win the league

Started by fulhamben, April 13, 2014, 03:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Artful Dodger on April 14, 2014, 10:03:15 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 13, 2014, 03:42:06 PM
There, I said it.
Numpty....probably never been to Liverpool and all you know about the place is what you read in the Sun. There, I said it.
well actually I have. And who you calling a numpy? Just because the overwhelming majority agree with me you throw your toys out of your pram. This topic has nothing to do with a city but a football club
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

domprague

Liverpool as a club has done a lot to rebuild relations with Juventus and still does. I think a lot changed when Peter Robinson retired. I interviewed him a couple of times and he was a decent and honest man who would not have allowed nonsense such as the Suarez t-shirts.

I think Dalglish was a man out of time, he was still acting like it was the 1970s and 1980s and attitudes on racism have moved on since then. It was like watching someone's Dad or Grandad try to make sense of the modern world. They should never have brought him back.

They've had a lot of idiots since Robinson left, typified by the media relations director who threatened the lad who was tweeting as a spoof sportswriter. I watched the match yesterday and thought it summed them up - brilliant play mixed with Suarez cheating right, left and centre.

I don't want to get the thread locked but I'll say just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you sometimes. It's clear there was a massive conspiracy to cover up the truth of what happened at Hillsborough to save people's arses and blaming the fans was part of that. So, on Hillsborough they were right.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

domprague

During the minutes silence over the weekend I was giving my thoughts about those who lost their lives at Ibrox, Heysel & Bradford.

And did people agree with your? Or did they move away?

King_Crud

there'll be dancing on the streets of Surrey if Liverpool win the league

fulhamben

Quote from: domprague on April 14, 2014, 10:35:26 AM
During the minutes silence over the weekend I was giving my thoughts about those who lost their lives at Ibrox, Heysel & Bradford.

And did people agree with your? Or did they move away?
? How would anyone know what he was thinking

domprague

Because he said, 'I was giving my thoughts' so I wondered how they were received? I'm not trolling, not trying to provoke a row - I'm simply curious. I would have moved away so that's why I ask.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I will never support Chelsea in any context, EVER!! I don't care if they we're playing Bin Ladens 11. In fact, in that scenario I'd pray for 11 suicide bombers!! I hate their captain, the way it's run, and for the most part, I hate their supporters.

However; if Liverpool win the league, you can hear it now "20 times, we've won it 20 times!!"
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

fulhamben

Quote from: domprague on April 14, 2014, 10:41:20 AM
Because he said, 'I was giving my thoughts' so I wondered how they were received? I'm not trolling, not trying to provoke a row - I'm simply curious. I would have moved away so that's why I ask.
yes same as, but I read it as he was reflecting on those disasters as opposed to vocally    ,rallying support from those around him.

fulhamben

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 14, 2014, 10:43:05 AM
I will never support Chelsea in any context, EVER!! I don't care if they we're playing Bin Ladens 11. In fact, in that scenario I'd pray for 11 suicide bombers!! I hate their captain, the way it's run, and for the most part, I hate their supporters.

However; if Liverpool win the league, you can hear it now "20 times, we've won it 20 times!!"
don't get me wrong, my full support was behind city, but they seem to have blown it now. Better the devil you know and all that, Chelsea are tolerable when they win it.

domprague

@fulhamben
Only one person knows. Anyway, let's move on before this gets locked.

Rudolph

On the subject of paying respect, the FA should move the paying respect day away from the nearest weekend to 15th April to the second to last weekend of the season and acknowledge all stadium tragedies involving British teams.  

CorkCity

I will be cheering on Liverpool next week when they play Norwich.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

grandad

Quote from: fulhamben on April 14, 2014, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: domprague on April 14, 2014, 10:41:20 AM
yes same as, but I read it as he was reflecting on those disasters as opposed to vocally    ,rallying support from those around him.

I took the opportunity to reflect on the other disasters. Everyone was using the silence to personally reflect on whatever they chose. End of.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Keefy

I'm with Cork City....couldn't care less who wins(buys) the title but I do want Norwich to lose next week.

Neil D

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 14, 2014, 09:24:10 AM
It is correct for them to fight for justice for 96 fans who died at hillsborough. However, there is never any mention by their fans or club about the italian fans killed in heysel as a result of their rioting.
:plus one:

SKSW6

Obviously supporting Fulham comes before hating any other club, and that means wanting LFC to beat Norwich next week, but I agree with pretty much everything said here about them. Incredible that so many pundits in the media still think them winning the league is what most neutrals want. The fact that Fulham fans, who are supposed to hate Chelsea more than any other club, largely would consider them winning the league the lesser of two evils says it all.

Martinsback

Quote from: cmg on April 13, 2014, 05:17:48 PM
If some of their fans deserve criticism for Heysel (and they certainly do) Liverpool FC deserves credit for being the English club that worked out how to play in Europe and came to dominate its competitions. 

Juts to qualify this...at Heysel the Juve fans arrive carrying weapons and sent missile after missile into the Liverpool fans before the reaction. I was always surprised by the fact that this was always brushed under the carpet and the Liverpool fans were seen as the "bad guys". There is a famous clip where a Juve fan trying to get away from the fighting, in their end, is led away by police and again attacked by his own countrymen. I watched the game and remember wondering why the police were doing nothing about the Italians who seemed to be only there for the ruck.

I want Liverpool to win and would hate Chelski to win with their boring and boorish fans cheering them on.

TheManOnTheBus

I don't understand the Liverpool hate (have I missed something in my 50 odd years?).  I grew up with them as a great team.  They won a terrific CL final in 2005.  They - if anyone - have long been overdue breaking back into the top echelon of our league. 

Great football being played.  A joy to watch.  Only Liverpool fans I know (yes all southerners) are great people.

Good luck to them. 

And esp against Norwich next week. 

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.