watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 games to go.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, April 19, 2014, 02:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Did we honestly expect anything from this game? I sure as hell did not, and Rodder's showed he is confident. Nothing worked today, same goal three times in the back post. Poor defending, missed PK, all we can do is hope that Norwich/WBA/Cardiff/Swansea/Villa ALL LOSE.

Here is to hoping.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

madffc

Yep hope the other results go our way and let's hope next week we see the return of diarra, riether and richardson... oh and holtby of course..

put today behind us and get back to winning ways next week

coyw

Fulham76

Lets hope Norwich & Cardiff lose & we go in to the Hull game as we were this morning, although with slightly nicer games... On paper anyway.

K33NY

I was hoping for a point or 3 due to latest form of Tottenham, in second half our team didnt show me any will to fight for survival, wish is dissapointing.... hope cardiff lose now, and the last 3 matches we  must win!

Wingnut

We will need 7 points from our last three games to stay up. Also, we need Stoke and Liverpool to win this weekend. I am nervous about both those games now. Cardiff are at home and I don't like relying on Liverpool.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

St Eve

Felix got it wrong. We should have attacked Spurs weak defence from start to finish. If results go our way today we are no worse off and still well in the mix

MasterHaynes

Not really, but at half time started to believe we could get all 3.
There were so many if talking points - with a bit of luck Kaboul's rebound goal would have went over, we could have had a penalty for Rose on Kaca, Lloris would not have brilliantly saved from Rodders and Sidwell would have scored.
Pleased to see we were still pushing to the end and didn't roll over like we have done in the past, reasonable performance little unlucky but we should go into next week with confidence, Huddlestone is no Eriksen.

Jimpav

Depending on the other results go this weekend then 7 points will keep us up.

Today was not a bad performance considering we were playing away and without Holtby.

We got a good equaliser and if Sidwells penalty went in then I think we would have fought harder for a third goal.

If we show the same fight at Stoke we should get at least a point.

Putney

Disappointed because the game showed that we could have earnt a draw but before the game I wasn't anticipating coming away with anything so it's hard to be annoyed.

Annoyed with the 2nd half performance, not the result.

Count Berbatov

I'd be watching how Stoke play today. A point away is needed to stay up. I was hoping for Spurs, but...
If Stoke won today, they'll both, keep Cardiff down and have nothing to play v you
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

PokerMatt

Quote from: St Eve on April 19, 2014, 02:46:01 PM
Felix got it wrong. We should have attacked Spurs weak defence from start to finish. If results go our way today we are no worse off and still well in the mix

I don't necessarily agree here. We could and possibly should have been ahead at the break. The timing of the second was a killer blow and I don't think Magath can be blamed for that.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

premFlem

we can win all three of the final games
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Deanothefulhamfan

I expect Cardiff to win, and Norwich to lose, so still two points from safety...

I said 4 points may be enough and we can do that in our last 3 games

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 19, 2014, 02:59:34 PM
Quote from: St Eve on April 19, 2014, 02:46:01 PM

I don't necessarily agree here. We could and possibly should have been ahead at the break. The timing of the second was a killer blow and I don't think Magath can be blamed for that.

I agree with you, again (almost as always) Matt. I don't agree. The timing of the second goal was what killed it, not Felix. We were missing key, key players. If Richardson was there to run in behind them...different game.

St Eve

It was a killer goal but my point is we came out really slow and should have come out like hares. Go straight on the attack and it would have been a different game. Anyway not over by a long shot but we need some favorable results today

HatterDon

Quote from: maoconnor on April 19, 2014, 02:36:41 PM
Did we honestly expect anything from this game? I sure as hell did not, and Rodder's showed he is confident. Nothing worked today, same goal three times in the back post. Poor defending, missed PK, all we can do is hope that Norwich/WBA/Cardiff/Swansea/Villa ALL LOSE.

Here is to hoping.

So, you were lying to us all week when you said we'd get something from this match?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HatterDon on April 19, 2014, 03:46:33 PM

Here is to hoping.

So, you were lying to us all week when you said we'd get something from this match?

Lying? Quite a brash comment, eh Hatter? You have never had a change of opinion? If you have never had a change of opinion about anything then your comment stands, however, we both know that is not true...so please keep such rash accusations to yourself. Also, I definitely thought that we would get a result here UNTIL - Diarra, Reither, Richardson were out (which we did not know until the start of this game). A very weakened team, and we could all see that today. Change Kaka for Richardson, Diarra for Kvist, and Reither either starting or as a sub for JAR and my hopes of tearing that weakened Spurs defense apart would still have been there.

ChesterTheTabby

Here is to hoping.

From the gaffer himself - "We unfortunately have three players injured or ill so we had to change the team and that made us a little bit uncertain. We were not quite good enough so I think Tottenham were the better team." Enough said.

St Eve

Here is to hoping.

I don't think anyone is lying. A few injuries hurt us and in my opinion Felix got it wrong. There is nothing wrong with a little optimism. Try it sometime