more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (23/04/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 22, 2014, 06:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Monaco play down Berbatov talk

Monaco vice-chairman Vadim Vasilyev remains coy on the possibility of signing Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov in the summer.

The Bulgarian made the move to the Principality in January on a loan deal until the end of the season and has proven to be a hit, scoring three times in nine appearances. The 33-year-old was thought to have been signed as a temporary replacement for the injured Radamel Falcao but there are now reports his loan deal could be made permanent. Berbatov revealed at the weekend he was keen to commit his long-term future to Monaco but Vasilyev says no decisions will be made on the current squad until the end of the Ligue 1 season. "Everyone is also asking me about the future of Berbatov etc," he told the French media. "It is the same for all the other players, I am asked if some will leave or stay. It is not the right moment for all that." Berbatov's contract at Fulham expires at the end of the season and he is expected to leave Craven Cottage on a free, with a host of teams from across Europe said to be interested.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/monaco-play-down-berbatov-talk-1722624.html?

WhiteJC

Berbatov`s Not Coming Back

It`s looking increasingly likely that we`ll never see Dimitar Berbatov in a Fulham shirt again.

The Bulgarian striker, now 33 years of age, went on loan to the French club As Monaco in the January transfer window and has scored 6 goals in his 12 appearances for them.

When pushed about his future, Berbatov had this to say,

"Everything is fine for me here. Do I want to stay at Monaco? Yes, I do."

Au revoir then Dimitar!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=356851#ixzz2zdUv7kHl

WhiteJC

Barnsley weighing up summer move for Fulham midfielder

Boateng in action for Fulham

Championship side Barnsley could make a summer move for Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng who is surplus to requirement at Fulham, according to Ghana Soccernet.

The 30-year-old has made just three Premier League appearances for Fulham since joining them from Ukrainian side FC Dnipro at the start of the season and is eager to move where he can secure enough playing time.

Watford and Charlton have been linked a move for the former Getafe midfielder but a loan move didn't materialise.

Barnsley, who are trapped in the Championship relegation zone would try to acquire the experienced midfielder at the end of the season if they are able to beat the drop.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/barnsley-weighing-up-summer-move-for-fulham-midfielder/?

WhiteJC

The Sean Davis Column

It was a shame to see our winning run come to an end at White Hart Lane on Saturday, but it wasn't a bad performance at Tottenham Hotspur, it was just maybe a bit sloppy conceding goals from set-pieces. Obviously that's never good but the quality of the delivery was superb from Christian Eriksen for two of their goals, although I still think we could have dealt with it.

After going 1-0 down, we got back into the match through Steve Sidwell. It was an up and down game for him what with missing the penalty. If we score that penalty you never know what could happen in the final 10 minutes, but it wasn't to be. Siddy will be distraught at missing it – he didn't deserve that because he's been by far our most consistent individual and he's my player of the season.

Now we just need to forget about Spurs and concentrate on our final games. The two home fixtures are massive; if we win those then we stand a chance, although I think we could do with Norwich City slipping up, too. Now all the focus is on Hull City, who will hopefully have their minds on the FA Cup Final. It was a similar scenario when Fulham came to Portsmouth on the last game of the season in 2008. I was a Pompey player at the time and we had the FA Cup Final coming up. You do go into the game giving 100 per cent but it's in the back of your mind when you go into tackles as you're worried about getting injured, so hopefully that's playing on the Hull players' minds. They'll be saying they're fighting for places in the cup final team but it doesn't always work like that and hopefully we can start well and get the three points that are much needed.

We mustn't forget, though, that Hull aren't out of danger yet so they're not going to be pushovers, but we're playing okay at the moment. If we can start well and keep another clean sheet, which we did in the last home game, then we stand every chance of winning. Like the Norwich match, it will be nervy – there will be a lot of tension around the ground. It's important we start on the front foot; it's hard to pick it up if you start badly.

If we can get the win against Hull and then go up to Stoke City the week after and get another positive result then we'll be right up there, the only thing is we need to get that extra point because our goal difference is so much worse than everyone else. You don't want to get relegated on goal difference; that would just be the absolute worst. It's bad enough that we've conceded the most goals so if that results in us getting relegated then it would just be terrible. We need to get as many points on the board as possible. We need to get three points against Hull, no matter how we get it. Performance-wise, it doesn't really matter, we just need to win the game. We've got to get at least six points out of our last three games. Seven or nine would be perfect but, at least, six points minimum.

I'm still confident we can get that, although it is going to be difficult. It looks like it will go down to the final day against Crystal Palace. They're out of trouble now but Tony Pulis' sides always put in 100 per cent effort – he demands that – so that's going to be a tough game. Palace will have a say in how the Premier League table finishes up at both ends; they play teams who are involved in the title race and the relegation battle, so it's going to be an interesting one. They're on a great run of form, they went away to Everton and won, so it's going to be a difficult game but it's a game that you'd like to think we can win. We're at home and if we need the win then I'm sure the fans will get behind the team and push them on for the Great Escape number two.

Away from the First Team, we've got the two legs of the FA Youth Cup Final coming up. I'll definitely be watching and I'm very much looking forward to it. I couldn't make it to the Reading games unfortunately as I was away at the time, but I'm very keen to watch the two Chelsea matches to see how our youngsters get on. I was impressed with Chelsea in their Semi-Final against Arsenal, I thought they played really well, but anything can happen in the Final. It should prove to be a fascinating tie so try and get down to one or both of the legs if you can. It would be great to get as many people there as possible to cheer on the lads.

You can see Sean pull on a Fulham shirt alongside some of the best players from our recent history next month as an All Stars team take on Sealand at Craven Cottage.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/22/the-sean-davis-column?

WhiteJC

Reading, Brighton and Bristol City set to move for former Fulham defender

Omozusi would be a free transfer

Reading, Brighton and Bristol City are all in pursuit of Leyton Orient defender Elliot Omozusi, according to Sky Sports.

The former Fulham defender's contact expires at the end of the season, and a contract extension has not been agreed to keep Omozusi at the Matchroom Stadium.

Omozusi would be available on a free transfer and this has alerted a number of Championship and League One clubs.

The 25-year-old full-back has made 46 appearances for Russell Slade's men this year, and he has been a standout performer in the team.

Orient are currently 5th in Sky Bet League One and have secured a spot in the play-offs.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reading-brighton-and-bristol-city-set-to-move-for-former-fulham-defender/?

WhiteJC

Hull Tickets

Tickets are available to buy for the Whites' crucial clash with Hull City this Saturday (26th April, 3pm).

Tickets are already available to buy on General Sale, with prices starting from £35 for adults and just £1 for juniors!

You can buy your tickets today by visiting fulhamfc.com/tickets or by calling 0843 208 1234.

Make sure you're at the Cottage to cheer on the boys as they look to record back-to-back home wins!

Matchday Hospitality

A limited number of Hospitality packages remain available for supporters to buy when Hull City visit the Cottage this Saturday. Choose from our lounges or restaurants, with prices from just £135 per person (+VAT).

Find out more and buy online at fulhamfc.com/hospitality

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/22/hull-tickets?

WhiteJC

Pritchard's Honka Loan

Fulham youngster Josh Pritchard has joined FC Honka on loan until 31st May 2014.

The midfielder, who can also play in defence, teams up with Fulham teammate Alex Brister at the Finnish top-flight club. Honka are managed by ex-Fulham striker Shefki Kuqi.

Pritchard, who spent time on loan earlier this season at Norwegian FC Tromso, has made 10 league and cup appearances for Fulham's Under-21s this term.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april/22/pritchards-honka-loan?

WhiteJC

The Three That Remain

After a tumultuous season down by the River, three games are all that is left to decide Fulham's fate. Will there be top-flight football at the Cottage next season, or will fans have to get used to the likes of the Championship?

What is left?

Home to Hull City

After a 6-0 thrashing at the KC earlier this season, not only is this game a crucial match for relegation purposes, it also has redemption written all over it. The Tigers have been a mixed bag as of late, advancing to the FA Cup (albeit a very easy road) but winning only two of their last five league matches. Although sitting 14th in the table at 36 points, there is still most likely work to be done in order to stay up. After their clash with Fulham they travel to Birmingham to face Villa the following week, and then have a tough run in of Manchester United away (insert joke here), Everton at home, capped off with a trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal on the final day of the season. Given that closing schedule, they will be gunning to try and take all three points from the Whites in order to solidify their position in the premiership for another year. The Tigers' strike force of Nikica Jelavic and Shane Long is serviceable, and as usual Tom Huddlestone will be a nuisance in the central of midfield. As we are well aware, this is basically a must win for Fulham and most surely a grind-it-out type of match if we are to do just that. With the backing of impressive fan support as of late, hopefully we'll see a little Cottage magic and truly let the league know that the Great Escape II is on.

Away to Stoke City

It is well known that Stoke has made the Brittania a fortress. Boasting an impressive home record of 9 wins, 6 draws, and 2 losses coupled with 10 points in their last five league matches, in my opinion this is the toughest game remaining on Fulham's schedule. The only break that we may get is the fact that there isn't much left for the Potters to play for. Cemented at 10th in the table on 44 points, Stoke will neither drop nor qualify for European competition next season. Additionally, they struggled to dispose of a terribly out of form Newcastle side (victims of seven straight losses) and drew away to Cardiff last weekend. Hopefully this kind of form will continue into their fixture with the Cottagers.

Home to Crystal Palace

Fulham's fate could very well come to a nerve-racking final day fixture with Palace. The tension at the Cottage will be unmistakably thick in the air if this is truly to be the case, and with Palace having already secured their ticket for the 14/15 EPL campaign, Fulham will have all to play for in this one. Yes, the Eagles have been flying high having pulled themselves out of the relegation fight with five wins in succession, but I can't count out Fulham when so much is on the line. I mean, we all want to believe that with that much at stake we could somehow find a way, right? Possibly throw in Pajtim Kasami to complete a wonder-strike brace for the season series? But I digress; this match could very well make it the best or the worst day of the year for us Fulham fans. Jason Puncheon has seen a nice run of form as of late, bagging four goals in the last four matches. Their defense has also been stellar, compiling four clean sheets in their last five. Their only blunder was in an impressive 3-2 victory at Everton. The task will be tough, but it's a relegation battle after all. These matches are inevitable.

What Will Happen

Take this with a grain bag of salt, because I'm equally as qualified as said bag at this point, but here is how I believe things will play out:

Yes, I have our beloved Fulham somehow avoiding the drop. Let me warn you, I'm a glass half full type of person, but I really believe we have a decent chance of pulling off the second Great Escape. I believe in Felix, I believe in the players, and I believe in you, the fans. This is by no means out of the club's reach and I fully expect them to go out and grab it.

With that positive note, I leave you to the final three weeks of football. It has been a season to forget for Fulham, but on a personal level, I have had a great time supporting this club (call me crazy). It has been frustrating, deflating, and sometimes a downright laughable ordeal, but through all of the bad I can confidently say, relegation or not, they have gained a fan for life. Instead of the glamour and money, I've chosen to stick with the incredibly inviting and family-like atmosphere that Fulham embodies. And if we do go down, that is exactly what we will do: stick together. Because that is the only thing we can do, and we will. Now let's go cheer on the boys as they pull off the improbable once again. COYW!

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2014/4/22/5638950/the-three-that-remain?